British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI selections from 27th April 2005 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-selections-27th-april-2005-a-302687/)

Biddy May 14th 2005 2:45 pm

Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by enilorac
Sorry got carried away elsewhere....so where were we...Oh yes

So I open the envelope fully expecting to see Declined or Returned to Pool splattered all over it but noooo....

It was only a confirmation letter to let us know that we'd been selected from the pool...
I KNEW THAT ON 27TH APRIL....Argggh...

my heart resumed beating and I began to wonder if I should maybe just have a little peak to see if the status had changed yet....... :(

:mad: :mad: :mad:

enilorac May 14th 2005 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Biddy
:mad: :mad: :mad:

:D :D :D

Biddy May 14th 2005 2:57 pm

:D :D :D

:confused: :confused: :confused:

enilorac May 14th 2005 3:01 pm

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh I get you...I thought you were mad at me for keeping you in suspense...but you thought I was mad at the letter....!!!

Just one of those things I guess......

Should hopefully get ITA this week if they haven't discovered I'm in Broadmoor or anything like that eh!!! :D

Biddy May 14th 2005 3:51 pm

Oh I get you...I thought you were mad at me for keeping you in suspense...but you thought I was mad at the letter....!!!

Just one of those things I guess......

Should hopefully get ITA this week if they haven't discovered I'm in Broadmoor or anything like that eh!!! :D

No - I thought you were mad at getting the letter!

enilorac May 14th 2005 4:21 pm

No - I thought you were mad at getting the letter!

that's what I just said Mike!!

...but you thought I was mad at the letter....!!!:D

Billie May 14th 2005 5:05 pm

Should hopefully get ITA this week if they haven't discovered I'm in Broadmoor or anything like that eh!!! :D[/QUOTE]

Sorry to sound a real novice- but what is an ITA??

enilorac May 14th 2005 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Billie
Sorry to sound a real novice- but what is an ITA??

Don't worry Billie, I didn't know what it was either first time I logged on - it was like a foreign language to me... :D

ITA - Invitation to Apply...

Where are you in the process if you don't mind me asking.... :)

Caroline

Billie May 14th 2005 5:40 pm

Don't worry Billie, I didn't know what it was either first time I logged on - it was like a foreign language to me... :D

Caroline

Thanks for that!
I have done my online but not sent it yet as I am waiting for my New Zealand QUalifications Assessment report to be done. Am not in a massive hurry as can't emigrate until Spring 06 earliest. Trying to put everything together and get all background stuff done before submitting online expression of interest.
It has taken me weeks to obtain bits and bobs. Just received my police clearance but holding fire on medicals/ X rays- they are so expensive- about two hundred per person!! (4 of us). DO you know if there is an interview involved after EOI and ITA! ??

Billie May 14th 2005 6:09 pm

Caroline

Thanks for that!
I have done my online but not sent it yet as I am waiting for my New Zealand QUalifications Assessment report to be done. Am not in a massive hurry as can't emigrate until Spring 06 earliest. Trying to put everything together and get all background stuff done before submitting online expression of interest.
It has taken me weeks to obtain bits and bobs. Just received my police clearance but holding fire on medicals/ X rays- they are so expensive- about two hundred per person!! (4 of us). DO you know if there is an interview involved after EOI and ITA! ??

enilorac May 14th 2005 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Billie
Thanks for that!

Hi Billie

Don't have much time to check at the minute but off the top of my head....

I would hold fire on the medicals until invited to apply as they are only valid for so long...
no more than 3 months old at the time you submit your ITA I think but stand to be corrected.....

police clearance must be no more than 6 months old at the time you submit your ITA......

also as far as I am aware, applicants without a job offer are interviewed,
either by telephone or in person...Biddy knows about telephone interviews
and there is a thread about them on this forum too
http://www.britishexpats.com./forum/...d.php?t=297899

hope this helps

(medicals are really expensive aren't they!! £50 for an xray and I bet you're in and out in 5 minutes!!) :D

Caroline

Markk May 14th 2005 8:50 pm

Hi Billie

I would hold fire on the medicals until invited to apply as they are only valid for so long...
no more than 3 months old at the time you submit your ITA I think but stand to be corrected.....

police clearance must be no more than 6 months old at the time you submit your ITA......

hope this helps

(medicals are really expensive aren't they!! £50 for an xray and I bet you're in and out in 5 minutes!!) :D

Caroline

Hi Billie,
Just a thought. It's probably worth getting your EOI in while the passmark is low. You never know when it will change! (unless you get 185 points in which case it probably doesn't matter!)
Hi Caroline,
You know you're afraid of missing the postman?! Well, don't worry, it'll be recorded delivery so thay need your signature!
Mark

enilorac May 14th 2005 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Markk
Hi Caroline,
You know you're afraid of missing the postman?! Well, don't worry, it'll be recorded delivery so thay need your signature!
Mark

Now you tell me!!!... :p

I'll give the postie a break for a while then....I'm sure he'll feel much safer.....

Thanks Mark

Caroline

Billie May 15th 2005 11:43 am

Hi Billie

hope this helps

Caroline

Thanks for that- will send EOI online in next couple of weeks.Will hold fire on medicals till nearer to date.

Paladin May 16th 2005 9:51 am

Sorry got carried away elsewhere....so where were we...Oh yes

So I open the envelope fully expecting to see Declined or Returned to Pool splattered all over it but noooo....

It was only a confirmation letter to let us know that we'd been selected from the pool...
I KNEW THAT ON 27TH APRIL....Argggh...

my heart resumed beating and I began to wonder if I should maybe just have a little peak to see if the status had changed yet....... :(

Caroline,

Hope the blood pressure is ok....I feel for you!!! Good to know the ITA will come recorded delivery though.

Dave