EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Old May 13th 2005, 3:27 pm
  #31  
enilorac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by Biddy
do a few quick checks to make sure your not in Broadmoor
Best get down to reception and tell the girls if anyone rings I'm not in then!!
 
Old May 13th 2005, 3:29 pm
  #32  
BE Enthusiast
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Eastbourne, Wellington!
Posts: 874
Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by enilorac
Nooo...I'd get hung, drawn and quartered if I tried to log on at work...

plus I'm just too conscientious
Gotta go and make rhubarb crumble...thanks for playing so nice
Might just check and see if my status has changed first though...hohum
Take care....sent you some karma to get you through the weekend of waiting for Monday so you can check status again LOL

Dave
Paladin is offline  
Old May 13th 2005, 3:31 pm
  #33  
enilorac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by Paladin
Take care....sent you some karma to get you through the weekend of waiting for Monday so you can check status again LOL

Dave
Not funny Dave it's a long time until Monday you know - are you sure they don't work weekends!!!
 
Old May 13th 2005, 3:33 pm
  #34  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Tauranga (for now)
Posts: 298
Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of
Default Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by Paladin
Mark,

Good thoughts, cheers.

I have several employed jobs in the USA and then after that several in UK, then several years self-employed in the UK. I have contact info for all the employed positions in USA & UK except one which unfortunately would be the one to take me from 7yrs 8 months to 8yrs 8months ie from 100 to 105 points! The self employed then took me over the 10 yrs ie 110pts. I was getting the impression (from I think a post from Biddy to me) that the self employed would not be allowed even though it is in the same field??
Anyway, since selection on our day was 100 points I am hoping fingers crossed it is all academic and we are fine anyway.

I did find it interesting though that I obviously said I was a UK resident but when I listed employment in USA it didn't pick up on needing a USA tax number as well as the UK one to allow employers to find me on their personnel computer systems in the USA.
And on the EOI there was no space on each job listing for "Notes" so to speak apart from the box to say why the work should be recognised....maybe I should have put it in there???
Guess if they need the info they will send me a message or email me!!
Cheers,
Dave
Dave,
From what I understand, and I'm pretty sure it says this in the ITA info (I don't have it in front of me), self employed does count but you need to produce evidence in the way of Accountants financial statements for the years you were self employed. I'm in the same situation because I was self employed for three years (1997-2000) but have a letter from my accountant. They accepted this in the EOI, so should be OK I think. I also have a small gap in my employment where I have no reference, but have a P60 with the companies name on it. Do you have anything like this?
Also, it doesn't say anything about 10 consecutive years. Does the total sum of your employed years come to more than 10 even without the one year gap?
I don't know any of this for certain, it does seem a little vague to me, but that is my take on it!
I didn't put my tax number on the EOI, so I don't think it makes any difference. A lot of companies don't hold info back that far anyway.
Cheers,
Mark
Markk is offline  
Old May 13th 2005, 3:33 pm
  #35  
BE Enthusiast
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Eastbourne, Wellington!
Posts: 874
Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by Biddy
As far as I'm aware the EOI verification stage is fairly automatic - they draw out all those over 100 points, do a few quick checks to make sure your not in Broadmoor or somewhere and then ask you to apply.
All the job checks etc I think come in the application for residence bit?
Biddy
Oh wise one with the PR........think you are right!!!!!

Dave
Paladin is offline  
Old May 13th 2005, 3:43 pm
  #36  
BE Enthusiast
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Eastbourne, Wellington!
Posts: 874
Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by Markk
Dave,
From what I understand, and I'm pretty sure it says this in the ITA info (I don't have it in front of me), self employed does count but you need to produce evidence in the way of Accountants financial statements for the years you were self employed. I'm in the same situation because I was self employed for three years (1997-2000) but have a letter from my accountant. They accepted this in the EOI, so should be OK I think. I also have a small gap in my employment where I have no reference, but have a P60 with the companies name on it. Do you have anything like this?
Also, it doesn't say anything about 10 consecutive years. Does the total sum of your employed years come to more than 10 even without the one year gap?
I don't know any of this for certain, it does seem a little vague to me, but that is my take on it!
I didn't put my tax number on the EOI, so I don't think it makes any difference. A lot of companies don't hold info back that far anyway.
Cheers,
Mark
Mark,

sounds reassuring, cheers.

the 10 years is definitely not consecutive LOL!! I think you are right and it's total work but not needing to be consecutive. Have other gaps besides the 1 year USA job where the company I think has closed, where I cleared off travelling, took break from financial world etc....just listed the work experience that was "relevant to my degree" (ie business, investments and finance). My self employed is in the same area too so all ties in I guess.

Dave
Paladin is offline  
Old May 13th 2005, 7:55 pm
  #37  
BE Enthusiast
 
sunshine_and_rain's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: BOP, NZ.
Posts: 373
sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all
Default Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by enilorac
Nooo...I'd get hung, drawn and quartered if I tried to log on at work...

plus I'm just too conscientious

Gotta go and make rhubarb crumble...thanks for playing so nice

Might just check and see if my status has changed first though...hohum
Crikey - we applied under the old system - took 9 monhs all told, and I thought THAT was stressful!! It was stressful, but we couldn't check on-line, thank god or I would have driven myself nuts with despair! My sister in Law has had her OI pulled out (she applied here) and has applied - is it a foregone conclusion that once pulled out you will get residency then? She said that once pulled out you will get residency definately?? It all seems more complicated to me now. Good luck guys - ALL of you
sunshine_and_rain is offline  
Old May 14th 2005, 9:09 am
  #38  
enilorac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
Crikey - we applied under the old system - took 9 monhs all told, and I thought THAT was stressful!! It was stressful, but we couldn't check on-line, thank god or I would have driven myself nuts with despair! My sister in Law has had her OI pulled out (she applied here) and has applied - is it a foregone conclusion that once pulled out you will get residency then? She said that once pulled out you will get residency definately?? It all seems more complicated to me now. Good luck guys - ALL of you
Think yourself lucky you couldn't check on-line because its driving me nuts.....although I think it may have been worse not knowing what was happening!! Have managed to restrain myself so far today hoping that they don't work weekends but I know that I will check just in case someone is doing overtime!! thanks for the pm sunshine or are you rain? .....
 
Old May 14th 2005, 9:17 am
  #39  
enilorac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Dave

You know we're both waiting for the postman to call?...

Well, picture the scene, I'm sat in my usual guardpost having my morning coffee where I can spy the postie
as he approaches from the east but I get up and log on here to see what's been happening while we've been asleep....

Postman sneaks up while I'm not watching and delivers the post while I'm on here and Himself shouts in

"There's a letter from New Zealand Immigration Service for you".

My heart stops...my ears are ringing....and I can't move...naturally, being a female, my powers of speech are thankfully still intact!

"A letter! A letter! What do you mean there's a letter! I'm expecting a big fat ITA parcel! A letter can't be good......"

I manage to regain the use of my legs and stumble into the lounge..the letter is postmarked via Singapore...
but I thought it was processed in London I think to myself.....this really can't be good can it...

With trembling hands and an even more trembling bottom lip, I open the envelope...

Must go will finish this off later....

Last edited by enilorac; May 14th 2005 at 9:24 am.
 
Old May 14th 2005, 9:33 am
  #40  
Give us a kiss
 
Biddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Peka Peka - Kapiti Coast - Nice!
Posts: 3,140
Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by enilorac
Dave

You know we're both waiting for the postman to call?...

Well, picture the scene, I'm sat in my usual guardpost having my morning coffee where I can spy the postie
as he approaches from the east but I get up and log on here to see what's been happening while we've been asleep....

Postman sneaks up while I'm not watching and delivers the post while I'm on here and Himself shouts in

"There's a letter from New Zealand Immigration Service for you".

My heart stops...my ears are ringing....and I can't move...naturally, being a female, my powers of speech are thankfully still intact!

"A letter! A letter! What do you mean there's a letter! I'm expecting a big fat ITA parcel! A letter can't be good......"

I manage to regain the use of my legs and stumble into the lounge..the letter is postmarked via Singapore...
but I thought it was processed in London I think to myself.....this really can't be good can it...

With trembling hands and an even more trembling bottom lip, I open the envelope...

Must go will finish this off later....
Awwwww come on the suspense is killing me!
Biddy is offline  
Old May 14th 2005, 10:31 am
  #41  
enilorac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by Biddy
Awwwww come on the suspense is killing me!
Would be rude not to wait for Dave.....
 
Old May 14th 2005, 11:07 am
  #42  
BE Enthusiast
 
sunshine_and_rain's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: BOP, NZ.
Posts: 373
sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all
Cool Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by enilorac
Dave

You know we're both waiting for the postman to call?...

Well, picture the scene, I'm sat in my usual guardpost having my morning coffee where I can spy the postie
as he approaches from the east but I get up and log on here to see what's been happening while we've been asleep....

Postman sneaks up while I'm not watching and delivers the post while I'm on here and Himself shouts in

"There's a letter from New Zealand Immigration Service for you".

My heart stops...my ears are ringing....and I can't move...naturally, being a female, my powers of speech are thankfully still intact!

"A letter! A letter! What do you mean there's a letter! I'm expecting a big fat ITA parcel! A letter can't be good......"

I manage to regain the use of my legs and stumble into the lounge..the letter is postmarked via Singapore...
but I thought it was processed in London I think to myself.....this really can't be good can it...

With trembling hands and an even more trembling bottom lip, I open the envelope...

Must go will finish this off later....
Oh - come on come on - the suspense is killing me.
sunshine_and_rain is offline  
Old May 14th 2005, 11:34 am
  #43  
enilorac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by enilorac
Would be rude not to wait for Dave.....
Yoohoo...Dave...are you there....I'll give you another hour and then I'll spill the beans!!!

Caroline
 
Old May 14th 2005, 1:26 pm
  #44  
BE Enthusiast
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Eastbourne, Wellington!
Posts: 874
Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by enilorac
Yoohoo...Dave...are you there....I'll give you another hour and then I'll spill the beans!!!

Caroline
Caroline.....suspense will be killing me too....only popped on for quick minute, busy weekend.....feel free to spill beans before everyone goes mad!!!!....I will catch up with you on Monday probably...all have a great weekend

Dave
Paladin is offline  
Old May 14th 2005, 2:37 pm
  #45  
enilorac
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by Paladin
Caroline.....suspense will be killing me too....only popped on for quick minute, busy weekend.....feel free to spill beans before everyone goes mad!!!!....I will catch up with you on Monday probably...all have a great weekend

Dave
Sorry got carried away elsewhere....so where were we...Oh yes

So I open the envelope fully expecting to see Declined or Returned to Pool splattered all over it but noooo....

It was only a confirmation letter to let us know that we'd been selected from the pool...
I KNEW THAT ON 27TH APRIL....Argggh...

my heart resumed beating and I began to wonder if I should maybe just have a little peak to see if the status had changed yet.......
 

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.