EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Old May 13th 2005, 2:13 pm
enilorac

Default Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005

Originally Posted by Paladin
Mark,

yeah! like I'm not already checking it everyday......doh!! Sure it will do my head in...LOL!
cheers,
Dave
Oh it will Dave, it will!!!

Caroline

Old May 13th 2005, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by enilorac
Not much hope for us two surviving this process with our sanity intact really then is there!! Good to be able to talk to others going through the same stage of the process at the same time though...anytime you need to talk just give me a shout...fingers crossed for you too

Caroline
Couldn't agree more, you too.........

Dave
Old May 13th 2005, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Can't say I've checked much myself...well not in the last half hour anyway!!

I've been checking at night though thinking that it wouldn't change during the day coz they're all asleep!!! Will now change my checking schedule to during 9am - 5pm hours (UK time!).....think I might actually self-combust when/if it does change!!!

Caroline

Caroline/Dave,
I was checking every half an hour too, thought it was just me that was desperate!
Then, one afternoon, my user area was 'unavailable' for a couple of hours. And then when it came back, the status had changed! Yippee!
Mark
Old May 13th 2005, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Markk
Caroline/Dave,
I was checking every half an hour too, thought it was just me that was desperate!
Then, one afternoon, my user area was 'unavailable' for a couple of hours. And then when it came back, the status had changed! Yippee!
Mark
Am suddenly feeling very jealous!....

Actually tis the dread of seeing it say Declined or Returned to Pool or something instead of what I really want!

dave

Last edited by Paladin; May 13th 2005 at 2:24 pm. Reason: add
Old May 13th 2005, 2:33 pm
enilorac

Caroline/Dave,
Mark
No, sadly, Me and Dave would appear to be desperate too!!

Actually tis the dread of seeing it say Declined or Returned to Pool or something instead of what I really want!

dave
Jealous - I'm positively green with envy!

Oooh, with you on the Declined/Returned to Pool one Dave...I only check with one eye just in case it has changed to anything other than successful!! Mad I know but it works for me!!

Caroline

Old May 13th 2005, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=enilorac]No, sadly, Me and Dave would appear to be desperate too!!

Oooh, with you on the Declined/Returned to Pool one Dave...I only check with one eye just in case it has changed to anything other than successful!! Mad I know but it works for me!!

Caroline[/QUOTE

I'll put in the order for 2 straight jackets then!!!
Old May 13th 2005, 2:43 pm
enilorac

No, sadly, Me and Dave would appear to be desperate too!!

Caroline
I'll put in the order for 2 straight jackets then!!!
ahem...I've already ordered mine.....shame they weren't buy one get one free I'd have sent you the spare!!

Old May 13th 2005, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

dave
Dave,
I notice in the thread Northland v BOP, you say you are worried about your employment references? I think you can get away without references so long as you can produce payslips, P60's, contracts, offer of employment letters etc. Your self employed years you can use a letter from your accountant stating nature of business, company turnover etc. I'm in the same boat for 4 years of my work life, I should imagine it's quite a common problem for people. Again, I should think it helps that the processing is being done from London as they probably have more 'local knowledge' and contacts.
Cheers,
Mark
Old May 13th 2005, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dave,
I notice in the thread Northland v BOP, you say you are worried about your employment references? I think you can get away without references so long as you can produce payslips, P60's, contracts, offer of employment letters etc. Your self employed years you can use a letter from your accountant stating nature of business, company turnover etc. I'm in the same boat for 4 years of my work life, I should imagine it's quite a common problem for people. Again, I should think it helps that the processing is being done from London as they probably have more 'local knowledge' and contacts.
Cheers,
Mark
Mark,

Good thoughts, cheers.

I have several employed jobs in the USA and then after that several in UK, then several years self-employed in the UK. I have contact info for all the employed positions in USA & UK except one which unfortunately would be the one to take me from 7yrs 8 months to 8yrs 8months ie from 100 to 105 points! The self employed then took me over the 10 yrs ie 110pts. I was getting the impression (from I think a post from Biddy to me) that the self employed would not be allowed even though it is in the same field??
Anyway, since selection on our day was 100 points I am hoping fingers crossed it is all academic and we are fine anyway.

I did find it interesting though that I obviously said I was a UK resident but when I listed employment in USA it didn't pick up on needing a USA tax number as well as the UK one to allow employers to find me on their personnel computer systems in the USA.
And on the EOI there was no space on each job listing for "Notes" so to speak apart from the box to say why the work should be recognised....maybe I should have put it in there???
Guess if they need the info they will send me a message or email me!!
Cheers,
Dave
Old May 13th 2005, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dave,
Cheers,
Mark
Further thoughts......

did make me think that at EOI verification stage maybe mostly what they are doing is the checking identity, DOB, valid passport, criminality, type things and then at application you would need more of the i's dotted & t's crossed as far as full job references goes...not clear is it????

Dave
Old May 13th 2005, 3:10 pm
enilorac

Further thoughts......

did make me think that at EOI verification stage maybe mostly what they are doing is the checking identity, DOB, valid passport, criminality, type things and then at application you would need more of the i's dotted & t's crossed as far as full job references goes...not clear is it????

Dave
Crikey, this has been a lively thread today - posted it on the Oz/NZ immigration forum and whoosh it got lost immediately....
I knew you guys would come up with the goodies......

It's not very clear is it Dave although I have also heard that what you've just said is probably what does happen....
not positive though.... how indecisive and vague is that! ..sorry

Old May 13th 2005, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Crikey, this has been a lively thread today - posted it on the Oz/NZ immigration forum and whoosh it got lost immediately....

It's not very clear is it Dave although I have also heard that what you've just said is probably what does happen....
Tis ok Caroline

I think if some parts of the process they spelt out 100% what they did it would open it up to the fraudsters finding ways to cheat the system too easily so is maybe why they don't.

Glad you moved the thread, I'm new, but seems the other forum is VERY Oz orientated so prob a good move.

Dave
Old May 13th 2005, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

I should be doing more work and less posting on here actually LOLOL!!!

Dave
Old May 13th 2005, 3:23 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Dave
As far as I'm aware the EOI verification stage is fairly automatic - they draw out all those over 100 points, do a few quick checks to make sure your not in Broadmoor or somewhere and then ask you to apply.
All the job checks etc I think come in the application for residence bit?
Biddy
Old May 13th 2005, 3:26 pm
enilorac

Dave
Nooo...I'd get hung, drawn and quartered if I tried to log on at work...

plus I'm just too conscientious

Gotta go and make rhubarb crumble...thanks for playing so nice

Might just check and see if my status has changed first though...hohum

Last edited by enilorac; May 13th 2005 at 3:28 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.