British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI selections from 27th April 2005 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-selections-27th-april-2005-a-302687/)

enilorac May 13th 2005 11:05 am

EOI selections from 27th April 2005
 
I posted this query on the Oz/NZ immigration page but there doesn't seem to be anyone on there going to NZ - all off to Oz! .....so I hope you'll forgive me for posting it again on the Lifestyle forum as there is more chance of me actually finding someone who's in the process of emigrating to NZ on here!!

Originally Posted by enilorac
Evening all, has anyone who had their EOI selected on 27th April had their status changed to Successful or received their ITA or any contact at all...we haven't heard anything yet and don't know if I'm being too impatient or should maybe start quietly panicking.......thanks Caroline


Markk May 13th 2005 1:07 pm

Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005
 

Originally Posted by enilorac
I posted this query on the Oz/NZ immigration page but there doesn't seem to be anyone on there going to NZ - all off to Oz! .....so I hope you'll forgive me for posting it again on the Lifestyle forum as there is more chance of me actually finding someone who's in the process of emigrating to NZ on here!!


Caroline,
I wouldn't panic yet. We got selected from the pool on the 13th and we didn't get a 'decision successful' until the April 29th. I think it takes 2-3 weeks so you could get it anytime. A big ITA package will arrive on your doorstep a week later. Good luck.
Mark

enilorac May 13th 2005 1:17 pm

Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005
 

Originally Posted by Markk
Caroline,
I wouldn't panic yet. We got selected from the pool on the 13th and we didn't get a 'decision successful' until the April 29th. I think it takes 2-3 weeks so you could get it anytime. A big ITA package will arrive on your doorstep a week later. Good luck.
Mark

Phew...thanks for the reassurance Mark...nice to see you back too ;) so if you got yours on day 17 maybe we'll get ours in the morning (day 18 not that I'm counting though!! Do they work weekends??)...woohoo..... :D I don't think it would have been a very good omen to have got it this morning do you (Fri 13th :scared: )maybe Mr Postie'll have a nice big ITA package for us next week sometime then...fingers crossed...

Caroline

Paladin May 13th 2005 1:21 pm

Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005
 

Originally Posted by Markk
Caroline,
I wouldn't panic yet. We got selected from the pool on the 13th and we didn't get a 'decision successful' until the April 29th. I think it takes 2-3 weeks so you could get it anytime. A big ITA package will arrive on your doorstep a week later. Good luck.
Mark

Markk,

Helpful info, and comforting, for all of us who are early in the process....cheers!

Makes you wonder ....... just how much of the info on your EOI are they actually verifying at that stage???? Have seen it stated on the gov't site that after selection they will "verify some of the EOI info" but haven't ever seen it listed anywhere more detailed than that....hmmmmm. :confused:

Dave

Markk May 13th 2005 1:31 pm

Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005
 

Originally Posted by enilorac
Phew...thanks for the reassurance Mark...nice to see you back too ;) so if you got yours on day 17 maybe we'll get ours in the morning (day 18 not that I'm counting though!! Do they work weekends??)...woohoo..... :D I don't think it would have been a very good omen to have got it this morning do you (Fri 13th :scared: )maybe Mr Postie'll have a nice big ITA package for us next week sometime then...fingers crossed...

Caroline

Caroline/Dave,
The processing is done in London don't forget, so the May bank holidays would have come into play. Not sure what they check to be honest. Maybe they just check for any obvious gibberish andf then leave it up to us to prove it at the ITA stage?
Anyway, fingers crossed you will hear next week.
Today, I have been mostly photocopying documents (at work!).
Mark

enilorac May 13th 2005 1:37 pm

Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005
 

Originally Posted by Markk
Caroline/Dave,
The processing is done in London don't forget, so the May bank holidays would have come into play. Not sure what they check to be honest. Maybe they just check for any obvious gibberish andf then leave it up to us to prove it at the ITA stage?
Anyway, fingers crossed you will hear next week.
Today, I have been mostly photocopying documents (at work!).
Mark

Of course, sorry, Visafever has affected my brain (and yes I do have a brain before anybody jumps in!) so that means it'll be next week sometime then....hopefully.....

Obvious gibberish - that'll be me off the list then! ;) (no replies necessary!)

Naughty, Naughty using the works copier...actually, I spent about an hour at home yesterday copying mine so how are you managing to hog the one at work without getting busted!!

Caroline

Paladin May 13th 2005 1:46 pm

Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005
 

Originally Posted by Markk
Caroline/Dave,
The processing is done in London don't forget, so the May bank holidays would have come into play. Not sure what they check to be honest. Maybe they just check for any obvious gibberish andf then leave it up to us to prove it at the ITA stage?
Anyway, fingers crossed you will hear next week.
Today, I have been mostly photocopying documents (at work!).
Mark

Mark,

You learn something everyday!!!!....Didn't realise the processing was done in London...doh!!!! Just presumed completed internet EOI would go to main immigration office in NZ!
Keep us posted on how you get on Mark, and good luck!!
Cheers,
Dave

Paladin May 13th 2005 1:47 pm

Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005
 

Originally Posted by enilorac
Of course, sorry, Visafever has affected my brain (and yes I do have a brain before anybody jumps in!) so that means it'll be next week sometime then....hopefully.....

Obvious gibberish - that'll be me off the list then! ;) (no replies necessary!)

Naughty, Naughty using the works copier...actually, I spent about an hour at home yesterday copying mine so how are you managing to hog the one at work without getting busted!!

Caroline

Caroline,

think I may already be joining you in VisaFever land and it's only been a few days LOL.
Will keep everything crossed for you in the next week... :)
Dave

Markk May 13th 2005 2:00 pm

Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005
 

Originally Posted by enilorac
Of course, sorry, Visafever has affected my brain (and yes I do have a brain before anybody jumps in!) so that means it'll be next week sometime then....hopefully.....

Obvious gibberish - that'll be me off the list then! ;) (no replies necessary!)

Naughty, Naughty using the works copier...actually, I spent about an hour at home yesterday copying mine so how are you managing to hog the one at work without getting busted!!

Caroline

Well, I sit right next to it so can sit down and pretend it's not me using it!
I don't think they care too much here. I've taken voluntary redundancy (leaving end of June) and they know my plans, so ...
It's a great feeling when you get the ITA through the door. I keep having to remind myself that it's not done and dusted and there is still work to do. The initial feeling was that PR was ours and we were on our way, but not so simple me thinks!

Markk May 13th 2005 2:03 pm

Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005
 

Originally Posted by Paladin
Mark,

You learn something everyday!!!!....Didn't realise the processing was done in London...doh!!!! Just presumed completed internet EOI would go to main immigration office in NZ!
Keep us posted on how you get on Mark, and good luck!!
Cheers,
Dave

Dave,
It's good that it's done in London, guess it makes it much easier for them and us. Looks like it's reflected in processing times too!
If you're like me, you'll spend every spare second waiting for 'EOI Selected' to
change into 'Decision Successful'. It's great when it does though!
Mark

enilorac May 13th 2005 2:05 pm

Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005
 

Originally Posted by Paladin
Mark,

You learn something everyday!!!!....Didn't realise the processing was done in London...doh!!!! Just presumed completed internet EOI would go to main immigration office in NZ!
Keep us posted on how you get on Mark, and good luck!!
Cheers,
Dave

Dear God Dave, pleased it's not just me then!! Don't know why but I presumed exactly the same thing! Doh! :D I

enilorac May 13th 2005 2:08 pm

Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005
 

Originally Posted by Paladin
Caroline,

think I may already be joining you in VisaFever land and it's only been a few days LOL.
Will keep everything crossed for you in the next week... :)
Dave

Not much hope for us two surviving this process with our sanity intact really then is there!! Good to be able to talk to others going through the same stage of the process at the same time though...anytime you need to talk just give me a shout...fingers crossed for you too :)

Caroline

Paladin May 13th 2005 2:08 pm

Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005
 

Originally Posted by Markk
Dave,
It's good that it's done in London, guess it makes it much easier for them and us. Looks like it's reflected in processing times too!
If you're like me, you'll spend every spare second waiting for 'EOI Selected' to
change into 'Decision Successful'. It's great when it does though!
Mark


Mark,

yeah! like I'm not already checking it everyday......doh!! Sure it will do my head in...LOL!
cheers,
Dave

enilorac May 13th 2005 2:09 pm

Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005
 

Originally Posted by Markk
Well, I sit right next to it so can sit down and pretend it's not me using it!
I don't think they care too much here. I've taken voluntary redundancy (leaving end of June) and they know my plans, so ...
It's a great feeling when you get the ITA through the door. I keep having to remind myself that it's not done and dusted and there is still work to do. The initial feeling was that PR was ours and we were on our way, but not so simple me thinks!

Very Sneaky..but like it! I'm at the stage where our Postman is getting very wary when he comes to our door because I'm watching the path like a hawk...I think he thinks I'm going to mug him or something!!

enilorac May 13th 2005 2:13 pm

Re: EOI selections from 27th April 2005
 

Originally Posted by Markk
Dave,
It's good that it's done in London, guess it makes it much easier for them and us. Looks like it's reflected in processing times too!
If you're like me, you'll spend every spare second waiting for 'EOI Selected' to
change into 'Decision Successful'. It's great when it does though!
Mark

Can't say I've checked much myself...well not in the last half hour anyway!! :D

I've been checking at night though thinking that it wouldn't change during the day coz they're all asleep!!! Will now change my checking schedule to during 9am - 5pm hours (UK time!).....think I might actually self-combust when/if it does change!!!

Caroline


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:28 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.