British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI selection notification? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-selection-notification-584466/)

Jhonnywalker Jan 15th 2009 10:35 am

EOI selection notification?

Hiya,

I submitted my EOI on 2 Jan'09. I guess the selection date was 14 Jan.
My point tally was 135.
Was wondering how will I be notified if my application was picked? I had submitted my EOI via online.
Will they be sending an email to my personal ID or Should I check for it in the immigration portal under my login?
Also - any idea how long do they take to notify?

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Cheers,

weejie Jan 15th 2009 12:13 pm

Re: EOI selection notification?

You will get a letter and/or an email. You can also check online at NZIS site

Phyl x

teebrown Jan 15th 2009 12:17 pm

Hi,

Just keep checking the NZIS website under your login, the selection sits every 2 weeks on a Wednesday.

You will first learn by the website then a letter will be sent to you and then once they have checked your points you are claiming they will ITA (invitation to Apply) which will also be done via website first and then letter.

Good luck and fingers crossed.:thumbup:

Jhonnywalker Jan 15th 2009 1:43 pm

Thanks for you replies folks..

My online status hasn't changed (says submitted), does that mean - I haven't been picked this time?
Or is there any chance that it would change in a day or two?

Just trying to calm my nerves...:unsure:

Thanks again for your responses.

Cheers
JW

teebrown Jan 16th 2009 12:57 pm

It means they have it and are looking at it.

Stay calm.

:thumbup:

dkb_herts Jan 16th 2009 7:39 pm

JW, you say your points total was 135... but do you have a job offer? According to http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...et20090114.pdf that would be the deciding factor at that score.

If you haven't got a job offer yet, I guess what you can do now is
* Make it clear to any potential employers and recruiters that your EoI is already in the pool, so you can move fast, and
* Make sure they know that if you get an offer, the additional points for it will make your score so high that it's guaranteed to be selected next time round. (You can add new info to your EoI after it's been submitted, if things change.)

Dave

Persephone Jan 17th 2009 5:51 am

Hi
My online status changed by the next day when I was selected. Looking at the EOIs that were selected this week unfortunately you wouldn't have been picked anyway since you have no job offer.

Having said that before Xmas you would have been picked so don't let it get you down, it depends on how many are applying as to what they select each fortnight. There was a gap of about 4 weeks between selections over Xmas so the numbers of those with >140points and those with a job offer would have built up. They only select 700-800 each selection and the above are automatically picked out. Hope this makes sense:unsure:

Best place to get an idea of how things are going is on the NZIS website under "latest news" where it lists how many and what type of EOI were selected each fortnight. BEVshere puts them up on here as well. Have a look through to see what has been getting selected [and what hasn't!]

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine and believe me it's worth getting used to being patient when it comes to dealing with NZIS:rofl:

Sue :D

The Jezzers Jan 17th 2009 9:48 am

Hi, we had no job offer and the same points but husbands job is on skills shortage list, just check our time line good luck
regards Di.:thumbup: they email you.

Jhonnywalker Jan 18th 2009 1:24 am

Thanks again for ur wonderful replies folks.
Yes, I dont have a job offer. I had applied for few jobs online, but no response yet :(
I am a software tester by profession & my occupation is on the skills shortage list.
As I said earlier I am having a tough time finding a job for myself being offshore. Any suggestions, on where I could look out for jobs? I have tried seek.co.nz. Any other websites?

Cheers,
JW

Persephone Jan 18th 2009 8:42 am

If your job is on the skilled shortage list then you will probably be selected fairly quickly especially if you have points for work experience. They usually get picked out every draw. After those with a job offer then next ones picked are those with work experience in an area of skills shortage:thumbsup:

I had 130 points, no job offer but my profession is on the skills shortage list and I was selected straight away.
You should be fine :)

Jhonnywalker Jan 18th 2009 11:38 am

Thanks Sue for those kind words. I appreciate it.

Cheers,
JW