British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI Selection (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-selection-827125/)

KayC Feb 28th 2014 8:56 pm

EOI Selection

Hi,
Does anyone know what the percentages are of EOI's being selected that don't quite have 140 points? We have 130 (without an offer of employment)
:)

Persephone Feb 28th 2014 9:43 pm

Re: EOI Selection

Originally Posted by KayC (Post 11152751)
Hi,
Does anyone know what the percentages are of EOI's being selected that don't quite have 140 points? We have 130 (without an offer of employment)
:)

Have a look here : History of selection points

Unfortunately 130 points without a job offer has not been selected since at least 2011 ( I haven't look back any further).

During 2013 and 2014 so far, those with 135 , no job offer and 15 points for work experience in an area of skills shortage have been picked only three times.
P:)

BEVS Mar 4th 2014 9:05 pm

As Persephone states. Hardly ever .

You will need to try for a job offer to improve your application.

Good luck.

KayC Mar 4th 2014 9:14 pm

Thank you both :)

BEVS Mar 4th 2014 9:20 pm

Not much help though was it.

Any chance your OH can get whatever job he was previously doing in NZ back?

KayC Mar 4th 2014 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 11158603)
Not much help though was it.

Any chance your OH can get whatever job he was previously doing in NZ back?

Possibly - we haven't contacted anyone about jobs yet. But it will definitely be worth a try! :)

BEVS Mar 4th 2014 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by KayC (Post 11158647)
Possibly - we haven't contacted anyone about jobs yet. But it will definitely be worth a try! :)

:fingerscrossed: then.

Job offers are the golden eggs these days.

KayC Mar 5th 2014 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 11158764)
:fingerscrossed: then.

Job offers are the golden eggs these days.

Yes definitely :fingerscrossed:

Last time it seemed easy - hope it is this time!! :):)

pippalonghorn Mar 6th 2014 6:37 pm

Hi Kayc :)

Dont get too downhearted about it all. We only had 135 points. We were in the EOI pool for 6 months without success. Hubby researched electrical companies all over NZ and emailed every one of them. He was lucky and managed to secure employment. 1 telephone interview. We submitted our EOI for the second time and it was picked within 2 weeks so it can be done.

Be cheeky and email every company you can find. If either of you are sparkies I can help with that! ;)

KayC Mar 6th 2014 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn (Post 11161460)
Hi Kayc :)

Dont get too downhearted about it all. We only had 135 points. We were in the EOI pool for 6 months without success. Hubby researched electrical companies all over NZ and emailed every one of them. He was lucky and managed to secure employment. 1 telephone interview. We submitted our EOI for the second time and it was picked within 2 weeks so it can be done.

Be cheeky and email every company you can find. If either of you are sparkies I can help with that! ;)

Thanks Pippa - we aren't looking to go until next year really, so was thinking of holding off the EOI submission until then.

Did your hubby get a job offer and then you resubmitted the EOI or had you already resubmitted?

How long did it take to get your visas through once you had been selected from the pool? Last time we went it was on a WTR and it didn't take long at all.:)

pippalonghorn Mar 6th 2014 10:39 pm

We got a resident visa with travel restrictions. We entered the EOI pool after the job offer as that was the only way we would get picked out. It took around another 12months to finally get those visas stickers in our passports. Ours did take a long time but I know it can be quicker from what people on here have said.

KayC Mar 7th 2014 8:13 am

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn (Post 11161847)
We got a resident visa with travel restrictions. We entered the EOI pool after the job offer as that was the only way we would get picked out. It took around another 12months to finally get those visas stickers in our passports. Ours did take a long time but I know it can be quicker from what people on here have said.

Oh wow - 12 months?! The employer was obviously happy to hold on for you? or did you get a work visa in the mean time? Sorry for all the questions!! :)

pippalonghorn Mar 7th 2014 7:23 pm

No need to apologise. I'll answer as many questions as you need. :D

We were lucky as his employer waited. We didn't get work visas in between, just waited for the residency visa. But hubby's employer gets through more employees than hot dinners! There would have always been a position to fill. The work is permanent and there is lots of work lined up but the pay isn't too good. But it got us here and that's what we wanted. :)