EOI Selected -what now?

Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:52 am
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light
Smile EOI Selected -what now?

Hi,
I have just had my EOI selected (4th June), what happens now? do the NZIS contact me for proof of qualifications etc! or do they investigate and volia if everything is okay ITA in the post.

One more question is there a list of what you need to copy for the ITA - fore warned is fore armed as they say.

Many thanks

Niki
Old Jun 6th 2008, 6:37 am
Account Closed

Broaders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI Selected -what now?

Hi.

We are going throught the process at the moment.

Our EOI was selected back in March and it took them several weeks to verify the information on the application.

You will note on the website it states 'selected' on the status this then changes to 'successful' - not sure what it says if not assume 'unsuccessful'. You have to keep checking periodically as we did not receive any notification by e-mail.

NZIS then write to you with ITA for which you then need to provide further documentation, photographs and fee. Further information will include medicals, police checks, passports, birth certificates, marriage certifcates, employment registration details (if applicable - i.e. teacher, etc). You have 4 months to get the info together and send off.

We have just received our ITA and just sorting out the bits and pieces.

Where are you looking at going to in NZ?

Good luck with everything.

Steven.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 8:24 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

You can get away with a 'bog standard' police check rather the CRB check. Pop into local police station and ask for forms, only cost £10 and don't take long to come back - on average 10 days. CRB was £35 and on average take 6 weeks can be a lot longer.

Best of luck, you will get a detailed ititineref what is needed for each section and an overall 'tick list', they do try to make things easy.

Pauline
Old Jun 6th 2008, 8:49 am
Just Joined

charon170962 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: EOI Selected -teachers help!

Hi

Also selected on 04.06 would like to keep in touch via forum!

Am having a nightmare with verification of teaching experience from 22 years ago! Something to do with data protection and deletion of records. Anyone got any ideas as NZQA state that they require this information to verify qualifications and establish pay scales etc.

Where is a good area to settle? Have 5 year old and need to find good school. So many questions.....

Charon
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light

Hi..
We also got selected on the 4th june,although originally we were going down the WTR route (check thread on step children)...How much is the total cost for the visas going down this route???? (PR)
Thanks in advance....
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squiddley
Hi..
We also got selected on the 4th june,although originally we were going down the WTR route (check thread on step children)...How much is the total cost for the visas going down this route???? (PR)
Thanks in advance....
In our ITA pack the cost to apply is £685 plus medicals and then if successful migrant levy of £115 each up to max 4 persons( so if more than 4 in family only pay £460) and any additional costs e.g police checks,qualification assessments,photocopying all documents,cost of courier with final forms etc. It's not bloody cheap,just hope they let us in after all this

Phyllis
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:47 pm
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: EOI Selected -teachers help!

Hi

Also selected on 04.06 would like to keep in touch via forum!

Am having a nightmare with verification of teaching experience from 22 years ago! Something to do with data protection and deletion of records. Anyone got any ideas as NZQA state that they require this information to verify qualifications and establish pay scales etc.

Where is a good area to settle? Have 5 year old and need to find good school. So many questions.....

Charon

Hi Charon,

Looks like we are in the same boat, (waiting) however my qualifications and experience do not need assessing thankfully, it must be a nightmare. I am sure there are some teachers on the site that can help with your teacher enquiry.

We are planning to settle around the Hawkes Bay area obviously depending on the job situation but we have rellies in New Plymouth so we might start there if Hawkes Bay is a no goer.

No doubt I will also have many more questions along the way

Congrats on getting selected.

Niki
Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Post Re: EOI Selected -what now?

Originally Posted by howden40
You can get away with a 'bog standard' police check rather the CRB check. Pop into local police station and ask for forms, only cost £10 and don't take long to come back - on average 10 days. CRB was £35 and on average take 6 weeks can be a lot longer.

Best of luck, you will get a detailed ititineref what is needed for each section and an overall 'tick list', they do try to make things easy.

Pauline

Hi, what is the name of the form needed? I looked on the website via all the links and could only find the CRB one, i think, as it cost £35 for OH. If there is a cheaper option i'll do that for me.

ta nic
Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph
Hi, what is the name of the form needed? I looked on the website via all the links and could only find the CRB one, i think, as it cost £35 for OH. If there is a cheaper option i'll do that for me.

ta nic
If I remember rightly its something along the lines of ''subject access rights'' you'll know it when you see it a very basic form and only cost £10. You can either send it off with proof of identity or it should list where you can hand it in at a local police station to you. Hope this helps
Chris
Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

Broaders is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph

ta nic
Just call into to your local police station and ask for the police check forms which confirm if you have any convictions or prosecutions against your name - tell them it is for emigration purposes. As others have said it costs £10.00 per name and ours took about 3 weeks to come back. You can return forms back to police station and they will copy the req'd i.d. and post off.

Good luck.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Broaders
Just call into to your local police station and ask for the police check forms which confirm if you have any convictions or prosecutions against your name - tell them it is for emigration purposes. As others have said it costs £10.00 per name and ours took about 3 weeks to come back. You can return forms back to police station and they will copy the req'd i.d. and post off.

Good luck.
thanks chris and broaders, will definately do that. Our EoI was selected on the 4th as well. OH is starting to panic, we're heading off for a recie round NZ next weekend, all going well.

Nic