British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI Selected and then out back in pool (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-selected-then-out-back-pool-643953/)

neilspokes Dec 8th 2009 5:14 pm

EOI Selected and then out back in pool

Put EOi in and got selected 18th November first time, just had a letter from london saying that my wifes NVQ provider is not recognised although EdExcel is on the list and they are regulated by same people as OCR (who my wife has hers with) sent this info to visa officer by email with confirmation fromOCR stating this and asked him to relook at it, he has and has said the decision still stands and we will be put back in the pool to see if we get reslected but with 105 points now I don't think this is possible we did have 125, he has suggested a job offer which I am sending my cv out as much as possible, or to get my wifes qualification PAR what I need to know is he we do this do we then have to have a full assessment NZQA when we get an invite to apply because if that is the case we may as well get it assessed fully now. Any one with any idead or advice wouold be great or where we can get 5 points from. Feeling very frustrated at the moment.

j19fmm Dec 8th 2009 6:32 pm

Re: EOI Selected and then out back in pool

Poor you, think this is everyones nightmare. I think you do have to have a full NZQA assessment, but I'm sure those in the know will bw along when they wake up!
:fingerscrossed: for you

BEVS Dec 8th 2009 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by neilspokes (Post 8156762)
Put EOI in and got selected 18th November first time.

Just had a letter from London saying that my wife's NVQ provider is not recognised although EdExcel is on the list and they are regulated by same people as OCR (who my wife has hers with)

Sent this info to visa officer by email with confirmation from OCR stating this and asked him to relook at it. He has and has said the decision still stands and we will be put back in the pool to see if we get reselected , but with 105 points now.
I don't think this is possible. We did have 125.

He has suggested a job offer . I am sending my CV out as much as possible.

Or to get my wifes qualification PAR .

What I need to know is how we do this. Do we then have to have a full assessment NZQA when we get an invite to apply, because if that is the case we may as well get it assessed fully now.

Any one with any ideas or advice would be great or where we can get 5 points from. Feeling very frustrated at the moment.

You don't mention what level of NVQ and for what occupation.

As you state EdExcel is recognised but it will depend on the level and the occupation the qualifications is matching to.

Perhaps let us know the above please.

neilspokes Dec 9th 2009 7:58 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8157234)
You don't mention what level of NVQ and for what occupation.

As you state EdExcel is recognised but it will depend on the level and the occupation the qualifications is matching to.

Perhaps let us know the above please.

Sorry nvq level 3 in sales she also has her RSA assessor awards which means she can actually assess NVQs herself.

BEVS Dec 9th 2009 8:01 am

Originally Posted by neilspokes (Post 8158402)
Sorry nvq level 3 in sales she also has her RSA assessor awards which means she can actually assess NVQs herself.

Which skilled occupation does this match ?

Forget the RSA stuff.

neilspokes Dec 9th 2009 8:11 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8158411)
Which skilled occupation does this match ?

Forget the RSA stuff.

She used to sell advertising, and now we have our own business selling blinds which is retail, and she is the company secretary although holds no qualifications for this so Im not sure really which sales rep heading, sorry to be vague new to all this

BEVS Dec 9th 2009 8:26 am

Please do look through the list I gave you. The link is in my previous post.

For quals to be worth a scrote , they need to match a skilled occupation . Not just that, they need to match it to a level set by NZIS.

An NVQ3 in anything does not necessarily mean points. (Not meaning that your wife's quals are in anything you understand) It needs to be in an occupation seen as skilled by NZIS

neilspokes Dec 9th 2009 8:29 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8158475)
Please do look through the list I gave you. The link is in my previous post.

For quals to be worth a scrote , they need to match a skilled occupation . Not just that, they need to match it to a level set by NZIS.

An NVQ3 in anything does not necessarily mean points. (Not meaning that your wife's quals are in anything you understand) It needs to be in an occupation seen as skilled by NZIS

I Just looked through the list thanks for that I think the best match is the 142111 which when I went into lists shop manager which is what she is now, doing stock control, sales book and selling to name a few of her tasks.

neilspokes Dec 9th 2009 8:57 am

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 8156932)
Poor you, think this is everyones nightmare. I think you do have to have a full NZQA assessment, but I'm sure those in the know will bw along when they wake up!
:fingerscrossed: for you

Thanks for your kind words