EOI selected - now what happens?

Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice
Default Re: EOI selected - now what happens?

Hi Becky

We just had a really nice email from immigration person saying she is giving us extra time for qualification assessment, etc so we just need to fill in ITA, pay the fees, and send as much as we can, then send the rest ASAP, so my stress level has gone down slightly! Medicals are now booked for next Tuesday and Police forms about to be fast tracked!! Just need to get a hundred passport photos of everyone!

We are also not planning to go before next September, so this is madness! Hubby's fault for being an old fart!!

Love Lindsay
Old Nov 13th 2008, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

becky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to all

Ha Ha - my partners an old fart too but hes on the back of my application so not so bad!

Its great to hear they are being understanding with the situation - there is just so much stuff to get in order.

Where are you heading to in NZ? Where abouts in the UK?

We are based in the south east and hopefully heading to christchurch sept

Becky
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey becky - we are from Kent and have decided on ChCh too! Just small matter of a house to sell lol!
Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of

Hi Guys,

Just had our EOI selected today. Reading through some of the post it is mentioned about getting birth/marriage certificates etc certified.
Who can do this apart from the usual Solicitors etc who charge a fortune. The reason I ask is that I have a friend (yes I do have one) who is an acting police officer who is willing to sign ours. Is this good enough for INZ or do I need another mortgage for this part of the journey through visa land

Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steelblue
Hi Guys,

Just had our EOI selected today. Reading through some of the post it is mentioned about getting birth/marriage certificates etc certified.
Who can do this apart from the usual Solicitors etc who charge a fortune. The reason I ask is that I have a friend (yes I do have one) who is an acting police officer who is willing to sign ours. Is this good enough for INZ or do I need another mortgage for this part of the journey through visa land

Thanks for your help.
Hi steelblue,
Congratulations on having EOI selected.

According to our ITA documentation: -
'Copies can only be certified by notary public in the UK (JPs in NZ), lawyers or solicitors. Drs & school teachers are not able to certify documents' - so I would assume that police officers are definitely out - sorry.

If you do want to send certified copies then ring around for quotes once you know roughly how many you need done - prices can vary widely. Remember you can copy them yourself (they do not need to do this) & just take the originals & copies with you to have them certified.

Alternatively, you can send your copies (uncertified) with the originals direct to NZ house when you submit ITA. No certification fees involved, but you will of course be sending all your original documents to them - just depends how happy you are with doing that.

Down to individual preference I suppose. Hope that helps & best of luck..
Old Nov 19th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steelblue
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help.
Sorry police officers are out, I checked with this as I am a civil servant and Army officers couldn't certifiy them either, but i did take them to a local solicitor and bartered for a good price £15 for 20 pieces of paper, so not too bad.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of

Thanks for the advice. I'll get the wife to shop around as she is the one who like to haggle.

Cheers