EOI selected - now what happens?

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

becky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to all
Default EOI selected - now what happens?

Hi all

Just found out my EOI has been selected today, what happens next? It says on the site they do some checking - I presume this is into my identity details etc

If this goes well then am I right in thinking an ITA will be issued? What does it involve? Is it where you have police checks, medicals etc?

May be silly questions but I like to know what to expect!

Becky
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI selected - now what happens?

Hi Becky,

Well done on getting past the first hurdle! When our EOI was selected, we received our ITA by post approx 2 weeks after (we had job offer). That is when you need to start booking medicals and getting police checks etc. Your ITA is a copy of your EOI, with a section to amend anything that has changed, or was incorrect with your EOI. There is also a check list of what you need to send back and what order it needs to be, in your envelope!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations on being selected now learn the art of patience

when we were selected we didnt have a job offer at the time so we were i think just short of 8 weeks for the ITA to come through, as soon as we got that we booked medicals and sent for police checks..

best of luck

cax
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
congratulations on being selected now learn the art of patience

when we were selected we didnt have a job offer at the time so we were i think just short of 8 weeks for the ITA to come through, as soon as we got that we booked medicals and sent for police checks..

best of luck

cax
Yes, to put simply, the EOI is where you tell them about youself and the ITA is where you prove it.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice

Hi Becky

We also had our EOI selected this week! We have applied without a job offer, so I think ITA may take a little longer, who knows! Good luck with yours. Where abouts are you planning to go? Hubby is a builder, I am an ante-natal teacher, heading to Auckland. Also my daughter 15, son 18 and 20 yr old daughter.

Best wishes, Lindsay
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

I would do some homework, have a look at where the best place is for your medical, get the list of panel doctors from the NZIS website (only these doctors can do the medicals) actually, I think you have one of the cheapest places in Ken, we had our done at DR Chapmans office near Gatwick, you will also have to have x rays, but don't forget wait for your ITA first as medicals are only valid for 3 months and ITA's can take their time in coming through.

Also get your police checks done, these are valid for 12 months and start photo coping all your marriage docs, birth certs etc etc and get them certified by a solicitor or equivalent.

That way once your ITA hits the post mat you have done most of the running around and gathered all the necessary info and it will be returned in record quick time.

Hope this helps
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

becky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to all

Great to hear someone else is in the same boat (so to speak)

I am a nurse and heading to Christchurch with my partner. No job yet but registered with a nursing recruitment agency who will have no trouble in finding me work - just don't want to wait to the last minute hence applied before job offer in place.

I've spotted a couple of places for medicals near us so will check the prices out soon.

Regards and thanks

Becky
Old Oct 24th 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

SHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really nice

Hi Becky

I am in the same position as you. EOI Selected this week

I am also a Nurse looking to relocate around christchurch, registered with an agency. No job offer , dont think that will be a problem.

Keep me informed on you progress
Old Oct 24th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Shazmark

When are you looking at going? Which agency you using?

Its nice to hear from people doing the long process at the same time as you.

Stay in touch and feel free to e-mail me anytime

Becky
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

SHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really nice

Hi Becky

I am using an agency called Accent, I met them at the Manchester Expo last year.Up to now they have offered loads of advice, will meet you at the airport, sort accomdation until you rent.

Just recieved confirmation that my EOI has gone to London for further consideration......Exciting times ahead!!!

Sharon
Old Nov 12th 2008, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

ssesh1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: EOI selected - now what happens?

Originally Posted by lindsay loo
Hi Becky

We also had our EOI selected this week! We have applied without a job offer, so I think ITA may take a little longer, who knows! Good luck with yours. Where abouts are you planning to go? Hubby is a builder, I am an ante-natal teacher, heading to Auckland. Also my daughter 15, son 18 and 20 yr old daughter.

Best wishes, Lindsay
Most of the NZ employers say that one needs to have a work permit for a job offer. And the NZIS says one must have a job offer for the Work permit..Pl trrow some light into this topic... as this is leading to a C-22 situation..:-(
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice

ITA arrived this morning!! Lots more forms to go through and will cost £685 to send off!!

Good luck with yours

Best wishes, Lindsay
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Lyndsey

It just seems an endless cost involved doesn't it.

Good luck

Becky
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Hi Becky

In a complete panic now as I have just read that we need to send ITA back by 27th November as hubby is 50 on 28th. We have a holiday booked for his 50th and are going to Egypt for a week on 22nd so that gives us 8 days to get all the stuff together. I have just booked the medicals for next Tuesday and am just printing off Police forms, plus looking at all the fees YIKES!!

I thought we would have an easy 4 months to complete it all. Oh well, Its gotta be done sometime.

Best wishes, Lindsay
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Hi Lyndsey

Crikey you've got to get a move on!
We've sent off police forms and collected / photocopied documents etc. Looking at medical for Jan - not planning to be in NZ before Sept so no massive rush.

I wish you all the best with the forms - I suggest you send the police check as the fast one - my standard one for nursing registration took 2 weeks to come back.

Keep us posted

Becky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.