EOI Selected

Old Apr 21st 2010, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

rja4096 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI Selected

Yippee, Submitted out EOI on 9th April and it was successfully selected today, guess this is the start.

Anyone know how long the checks will take before they send the application form? - I'm keen to get cracking as they are only holding my wifes job open in NZ for another 5 months.

Is there any preperation I can do whilst waiting? we are still awaiting my wifes ploice check and professional registration (Anaesthetic Technician)

Cheers, Rick.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 12:54 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI Selected

Congratulations, now just waiting for the ITA

If your wife has a job offer then you will be processed quicker than those without, have a look on the NZIS website for current approx waiting times. Also look at some of the timelines underneath some of the posters on here to get some ideas of how fast they are getting the ITAs out at the moment.

Look at getting full birth certificates, relationship evidence, proof of work experience and qualifications, your police check if you haven't got it[you only mentioned your wifes]. Medicals only last 3m from the date of issue so whether you get them done prior to receiving an ITA depends on how confident you are. You could phone round your local panel doctors and get some costs and current waiting times for medicals so you have an idea whether you can get them done asap once the ITA arrives. Can't think of anything else at the moment
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
Congratulations, now just waiting for the ITA

Look at getting full birth certificates, relationship evidence, proof of work experience and qualifications, your police check if you haven't got it[you only mentioned your wifes]. Medicals only last 3m from the date of issue so whether you get them done prior to receiving an ITA depends on how confident you are. You could phone round your local panel doctors and get some costs and current waiting times for medicals so you have an idea whether you can get them done asap once the ITA arrives. Can't think of anything else at the moment
+1 on that, you will be surprised how long it takes to get everything together. One mistake I made was not getting my work references to state that I was employed full time so that took some time to correct. However the longest things for me were my Aussie Police Check and also proof of my membership to the NZ Institute of Accountants. If you need anything like that then my advice is to get on to it as soon as possible.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

rja4096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, thanks for the advice, I have put on the EOI that I have a caution for assault, which I guess will show on my police check. If our EOI is successful and we are offered an ITA, then I'm assuming my caution would not rule us out? i.e. the police check will not show anything that I have not already stated.

Does this sound right or might they not have noticed the assault and it might be a problem when it comes through on the police check.

Thanks, Rick.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rja4096 View Post
Yippee, Submitted out EOI on 9th April and it was successfully selected today, guess this is the start.

Anyone know how long the checks will take before they send the application form? - I'm keen to get cracking as they are only holding my wifes job open in NZ for another 5 months.

Is there any preperation I can do whilst waiting? we are still awaiting my wifes ploice check and professional registration (Anaesthetic Technician)

Cheers, Rick.
Hi Rick,
Our application was with a job offer, see our timeline for time scale for us. HTH.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 8:38 am
Banned

furqank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RobDon View Post
Hi Rick,
Our application was with a job offer, see our timeline for time scale for us. HTH.
Congrats I am also going to submit my EOI in next 2 days. Hopefully everthing will be good.
I am a Senior Software Engineer.