EOI Selected!

Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:06 pm
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future
Thumbs up EOI Selected!

we had our EOI selected today!!!! Woohoo!!

Anyone have any idea how long it will take for them to do the preliminary checks and send out the ITA (I have a job offer that is from an accredited employer)....Also, can we complete the ITA online or does it all have to be done the old fashioned written way?

Oh, its all becomong very real!

Sorry I meant to put this in the immigration section but got a bit carried away in the moment

Last edited by nearly nurse; Feb 27th 2008 at 9:42 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:44 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: EOI Selected!

Originally Posted by nearly nurse
Also, can we complete the ITA online or does it all have to be done the old fashioned written way?

Thanks to anyone who replies.
Half a tree will eventually land with a thump on your doorstep. It will basically be a printout of the information that you supplied on your EOI. You'll be requested to provide evidence for the claims you made on your EOI. You'll also need your police clearances, medicals and x-rays.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:56 pm
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by happynz
Half a tree will eventually land with a thump on your doorstep. It will basically be a printout of the information that you supplied on your EOI. You'll be requested to provide evidence for the claims you made on your EOI. You'll also need your police clearances, medicals and x-rays.
Thanks happynz

Hmm, I was hoping it could all be done over tinternet to make life even less messy! Iv just spent the last 3 weeks recycling the other half of said tree in the form of pointless documents that one tends to keep 'just incase'.

Ah well, heyho! Who cares our EOI's been selected
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:56 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone have any idea how long it will take for them to do the preliminary checks and send out the ITA (I have a job offer that is from an accredited employer)....Also, can we complete the ITA online or does it all have to be done the old fashioned written way?

Sorry I meant to put this in the immigration section but got a bit carried away in the moment
No idea how long to get your ITA in the UK, took about 2 months over here.

Seems to be that each one is different.

Good luck!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

It is an exciting time isn't it? We actually did it twice and finally showed up here. It was exciting getting all the work done and sending it off and then waiting, well that wasn't as fun. The price was going up after sometime in November 2005 so it took four months for them to do us, but it was great finally getting the visas. You are making me notalgic. I remember landing the first day, a couple of hours late, nerves were a little short, but I remember coming down Memorial Drive in Christchurch in the shuttle van and thinking, ok, so far so good, it looks ok. Then later, we walked up Riccarton Road from Deans Avenue, and I felt so sorry for my wife. Anyway, we got used to it and we like it here very much. Life has settled down and now we we will be heavily mortgaged in our new cozy home in Rangiora.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:37 pm
AKA New Nurse

Originally Posted by Dustybin
No idea how long to get your ITA in the UK, took about 2 months over here.

Seems to be that each one is different.

Good luck!
Hi dusty (great name btw )

2 months would be nice, things with work here would tie in pretty well that way! Fingers crossed! Hope your well wishes do the trick
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:43 pm
AKA New Nurse

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
It is an exciting time isn't it? We actually did it twice and finally showed up here. It was exciting getting all the work done and sending it off and then waiting, well that wasn't as fun. The price was going up after sometime in November 2005 so it took four months for them to do us, but it was great finally getting the visas. You are making me notalgic. I remember landing the first day, a couple of hours late, nerves were a little short, but I remember coming down Memorial Drive in Christchurch in the shuttle van and thinking, ok, so far so good, it looks ok. Then later, we walked up Riccarton Road from Deans Avenue, and I felt so sorry for my wife. Anyway, we got used to it and we like it here very much. Life has settled down and now we we will be heavily mortgaged in our new cozy home in Rangiora.

It sure is exciting...and terrifying...and infuriatingly (?is that a word) slow Wish it was just a case of...."oh, you seem nice, AND your a nurse...come on in"
How did you manage it twice you must have had no finger nails left! How long ago did you get there? Sounds like such fond memories, take it there are no regrets?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

nena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nice

Congratulations... our ITA arrived only 2 weeks after being selected and we don't have a job offer... so it may be quicker for you, also if you need you qualifications assessment you could start getting all the documents together as I have heard that this can take a long time .... again I am not sure as I am still waiting for mine

When the heavy envelope arrives at your door read all the tips and hints as we found out really useful stuff such as the Police Clearance dedicated link for migrants mentined in my earlier post http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518349

Again well done and all the best with the paperwork
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:45 pm
AKA New Nurse

Originally Posted by nena11
Congratulations... our ITA arrived only 2 weeks after being selected and we don't have a job offer... so it may be quicker for you, also if you need you qualifications assessment you could start getting all the documents together as I have heard that this can take a long time .... again I am not sure as I am still waiting for mine

When the heavy envelope arrives at your door read all the tips and hints as we found out really useful stuff such as the Police Clearance dedicated link for migrants mentined in my earlier post http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518349

Again well done and all the best with the paperwork
Thanks nena
Two weeks!! Oh my goodness That means i could only have just over a week to go
Im hoping the qualifications thing will pass us by because we ticked the box on the EOI with my university & course as recognised. Also the Healthboard said they forward a document to NZ immigration to confirm that they are a recognised employer.
Will defo read the hints & tips section, anything to make it less confusing, it can get rather brain zapping reading the same question 50 times cause you dont understand it.....or is that just me??
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Hi NN

Our EOI was selected in Feb 2007, and ITA arrived late March. My best bit of advice would be to download the NZ Nursing Councils application form and send the form off to where you did your nurse training. Its called a transcript of training. I trained in Nottingham, and it took months and months to get mine back. So much so that we had to extend the deadline for the ITA to September 2007. So I would strongly advise sending your form by registered post. I also had to send a cheque for £10.

Good Luck.

Doesn't it feel wonderful to be picked!!! Well Done!

Lou
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:06 pm
AKA New Nurse

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou
Hi NN

Our EOI was selected in Feb 2007, and ITA arrived late March. My best bit of advice would be to download the NZ Nursing Councils application form and send the form off to where you did your nurse training. Its called a transcript of training. I trained in Nottingham, and it took months and months to get mine back. So much so that we had to extend the deadline for the ITA to September 2007. So I would strongly advise sending your form by registered post. I also had to send a cheque for £10.

Good Luck.

Doesn't it feel wonderful to be picked!!! Well Done!

Lou
Hi Pumpkinlou

Yes it does feel amazing to be picked, feel ded cleaver with my sought after degree!!

Iv sent off my transcript request already, not had a reply yet (I trained in Glasgow and the uni isnt exactly known for its prompness). Also sent off
my verification request and the cheeky so & so's at NMC kindly requested £34for the privilage!! As if they dont get enought cash from us!

Iv sent off all the documents the NCNZ asked for so hopefully that will save some time but think it seems to be a bit of a hit or a miss whether they move quickly or not......come to think of it, does anyone move quickly in NZ....I know my brother-in-law doesnt know the meaning of the concept!

Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:57 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats on being selected! I was selected 2 days after I started work here in Welly, and got the ITA 3 weeks later. Happy is right, there's a big "thud" as it lands on the doorstep! Just have all your ducks in a row and you'll be right. I dropped off our ITA just before Christmas. Still no PR yet...
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:44 pm
AKA New Nurse

Originally Posted by Maz
Many congrats on being selected! I was selected 2 days after I started work here in Welly, and got the ITA 3 weeks later. Happy is right, there's a big "thud" as it lands on the doorstep! Just have all your ducks in a row and you'll be right. I dropped off our ITA just before Christmas. Still no PR yet...
Any sign of that PR??

The half tree arrived on wednesday
Ducks are in a line with a couple of spaces for the late waddlers!....talking of ducks...I cant wait to be over there permanently and being able to go see the ducks at warkworth with their very own 'Ducks Crossing' sign Thats my kind of town!

Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

When they say they are doing 'preliminary checks' - what does this actually mean? Do they contact NZ employer/potential employer? Do they cross reference with any other application or visa eg work permit?

Mine was selected on 27 Feb but as yet, I have not received my 'half a tree' although I am not panicking, just wondered what kinda checks and why it takes so long if they already have all the info (as in my case) attached to my work visa application (albeit that the paperwork is in the London office and I am now in NZ).

Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Trish-n-McGill is a jewel in the roughTrish-n-McGill is a jewel in the roughTrish-n-McGill is a jewel in the roughTrish-n-McGill is a jewel in the rough

We've been wondering the same thing. Our EOI was submitted 13th Feb and selected on 14th Feb!! We got all excited and since then............nothing. Paperwork accumulating but we don't really know what to expect, it seems a bit hit and miss as far as timing goes! Anyway, good luck with your application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.