EOI Selected

Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

nena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nice
Question EOI Selected

I am so happy, I have just submitted my EOI last week and this morning I checked the status has changed to "Selected" so it seems more real now... we are so excited can't wait to be there....

Does anyone know what happens now? How long before we hear wether we'll be invited or not?

Also I have been contacting some job agencies in the meantime but I am not so sure on what to answer when they ask about desired remuneration, so if anyone would be able to tell my what would be the average of an IT Professional (10+ years experience as Database Administrator) wages, I will be very grateful

Cheers
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:06 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI Selected

First off, congrats!

Can't say how long it will take to get your ITA, sorry. Absolute crap-shoot, that one. Took us 3 weeks, but we were already here and I'd already started work.

Can you be a bit more precise about what type of DBs you administer? (I'm in a very specific area of IT myself)

Also, where are you headed?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

andrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nena11
I am so happy, I have just submitted my EOI last week and this morning I checked the status has changed to "Selected" so it seems more real now... we are so excited can't wait to be there....

Does anyone know what happens now? How long before we hear wether we'll be invited or not?

Also I have been contacting some job agencies in the meantime but I am not so sure on what to answer when they ask about desired remuneration, so if anyone would be able to tell my what would be the average of an IT Professional (10+ years experience as Database Administrator) wages, I will be very grateful

Cheers
Im on 60k as a systems administrator if that helps...thats considred a good wage i think
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:00 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: EOI Selected

Congratulations,
I know how you feel Does that sum it up??

I was selected in early December and not received an ITA yet but from what I've read on here it does take time for things to go through the system. NZIS website says it can take up to 3months to receive an ITA if you have no job offer [ I don't so just have to wait]. I went through a couple of weeks where I was very frustrated at not hearing anything further and just wanting things to move on, then I came through that and realised that I can't speed the process up, it will happen and I should relax and enjoy spending time with friends and family. The rest of my life is waiting in NZ, I just have to be patient - so not easy for me!
I can't help with your other questions. Hope this hasn't put a damper on things, just remember this is it, the first step to getting there.
I remember screaming at work when I looked at the website and saw the magic word "Selected" then had to keep checking to make sure it was really there and that it did mean what I thought it meant [ I had only sent my EOI in the night before so this was the first time I had checked!]. Couldn't stop grinning all day

Sue
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:31 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewmenet
Im on 60k as a systems administrator if that helps...thats considred a good wage i think
How much work experience do you have and where are you based? I'd be asking for a pay increase if I were you...
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

nena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Maz
First off, congrats!
Thanks we are really exicetd

[QUOTE=Can you be a bit more precise about what type of DBs you administer? (I'm in a very specific area of IT myself)

SQL Server (all verssions) mainly performance and tuning, security and all the other "rutine" DBA bits as well as SSIS

[QUOTE=Also, where are you headed?[/QUOTE]

Ideally I'd like to go to Christchurch as is closer to the Alps (keen skier) but lately we have been thinking that probably Wellington has more opportunities for my I am the main bread winner so we will move to where there is work for me

Trying to avoid Auckland nothing personal but having been born and bred in one of the largest city in the world (Mexico) I am not so keen of crowded places

Thanks again for your help
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sue R
Congratulations,
I know how you feel Does that sum it up??

I was selected in early December and not received an ITA yet but from what I've read on here it does take time for things to go through the system. NZIS website says it can take up to 3months to receive an ITA if you have no job offer [ I don't so just have to wait]. I went through a couple of weeks where I was very frustrated at not hearing anything further and just wanting things to move on, then I came through that and realised that I can't speed the process up, it will happen and I should relax and enjoy spending time with friends and family. The rest of my life is waiting in NZ, I just have to be patient - so not easy for me!
I can't help with your other questions. Hope this hasn't put a damper on things, just remember this is it, the first step to getting there.
I remember screaming at work when I looked at the website and saw the magic word "Selected" then had to keep checking to make sure it was really there and that it did mean what I thought it meant [ I had only sent my EOI in the night before so this was the first time I had checked!]. Couldn't stop grinning all day

Sue

Thank you, I know I had to ask my husband to come and check I was reading correctly Then when I came back from work I had to read it again

The reason I asked the timescales is that my hubby wants to start telling our friends here as well as his family but I want to wait until we are nearly there

I will take your advise and just site, relax and save
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

in_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nice

I have a job offer from an accredited employer and therefore going to apply for a WTR.

However (to kick the PR off a bit sooner), I submitted our EOI on Monday 27th and when I checked last night it too said "SELECTED" against it!

Time for some me thinks!

Anyway, what happens now? If you have a job offer do you get priority ITA?

The only missing bit is the medical certs, which we are having done this Sat (2nd), I don't envisage any issues as we are all relatively healthy. All the other paperwork for ITA/WTR such as Police certs etc. is in place.

The timing of things may mean that we submit a ITA and WTR application close together - if so, do you have to supply seperate copies of Medicals/Police certs etc? I presume they'll need to be certified ...... more £££s - Oh well, nobody said it was going to be cheap!!

Finally to the OP, I too work as a DBA, though my speciality is Oracle. AFAIK there is lots of DBA work in Wellington, so you shouldn't have too many issues finding a job there. I'm not too sure about SQL server DBA salaries but I would think that $60k is a bit on the low side.

Cheers,

Last edited by in_denial; Jan 31st 2008 at 9:11 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by in_denial
I have a job offer from an accredited employer and therefore going to apply for a WTR.

However (to kick the PR off a bit sooner), I submitted our EOI on Monday 27th and when I checked last night it too said "SELECTED" against it!

Anyway, what happens now? If you have a job offer do you get priority ITA?

The only missing bit is the medical certs, which we are having done this Sat (2nd), I don't envisage any issues as we are all relatively healthy. All the other paperwork for ITA/WTR such as Police certs etc. is in place.

The timing of things may mean that we submit a ITA and WTR application close together - if so, do you have to supply seperate copies of Medicals/Police certs etc? I presume they'll need to be certified ...... more £££s - Oh well, nobody said it was going to be cheap!!

Cheers,
Well done on selection. Your ITA is supposed to get priority with a job offer but mine still took 2 months from selection.

If you apply for ITA as well you don't need two copies of police certs and meds. In the second application you submit, you can just say they have already been supplied with application no # to case officer X.

Good luck
Alison
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

in_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: EOI Selected

Thanks, I'm hoping that we'll have the medicals back with in 2 weeks - so should be able to submit our WTR app mid Feb.

Will wait and see when the ITA comes in....

Cheers,