Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

EOI selected,10.7.13, and related queries

EOI selected,10.7.13, and related queries

Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Sheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really nice
Default EOI selected,10.7.13, and related queries

Hello guys,

I am new to the forum and i have been through many threads and posts which are very useful. so thank you for sharing these wonderful information.

My case :

My EOI has been selected on 10/7/2012, with 150 points including job offer.
I understand from immigration website that it will be processed in London branch. In Its website, they advise to allow 10 working days within they should have taken a decision about the EOI.Since then i have not received any communication.

MY queries :

1-Do they contact me via email or post (snail mail or courier)?

2-I have not included any work experience in my EOI and left it blank (all fields are selected non of the above). Because i do not need the points for work experience and wanted to decrease the time and effort of collecting certificates.Do you think that this would have a negative impact on EOI decision?

3-In case a decision have been taken on my EOI, is my status on the immigration website will be changed from selected t whatever?

4-What does the modification date means on my EOI, It is written 13 July and my EOI selected on 10th of July, I dont understand this ?

Finally, as now more than 10 working day have passed, should i contact them or just wait ?

Thank you so much for your consideration and the time taken in sharing your experiences.

Best Regards

ٍSheckooo

Last edited by Sheckooo; Jul 31st 2013 at 6:10 am. Reason: change signature :)
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:19 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI selected,10.7.13, and related queries

you should receive an ITA in the post detailing your Case Officiers details if they agree that your EOI is in fact valid. I would say give it another week and see what happens. You may still need to provide evidence of work experience so not putting it on the EOI might not of been a wise decision but then again that's just my opinion on it and it might not be
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Sheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
you should receive an ITA in the post detailing your Case Officiers details if they agree that your EOI is in fact valid. I would say give it another week and see what happens. You may still need to provide evidence of work experience so not putting it on the EOI might not of been a wise decision but then again that's just my opinion on it and it might not be
Hi Mrsfychan,

Thank you for your prompt reply. If they sent me ITA (hopefully) do they also change my status on the website ?

Thank you

Regards
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:40 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I believe so, can't honestly remember how long it took for the website to catch up

Last edited by MrsFychan; Jul 31st 2013 at 6:43 am.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Ok, thanks a lot ,,,
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:43 am

where you coming over to?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Auckland.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 5:01 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!
Sounds like you've been lurking for a while

My EOI has been selected on 10/7/2012, with 150 points including job offer.
I understand from immigration website that it will be processed in London branch. In Its website, they advise to allow 10 working days within they should have taken a decision about the EOI.Since then i have not received any communication.
I would leave it another week as MrsF said. Sometimes they get busier and things take longer. However it can be difficult to get any definite answers from them If you're close to London you could try going into NZ House in person and asking.

1-Do they contact me via email or post (snail mail or courier)?
The ITA arrives in the post, it's basically a copy of your EOI with a list of required documents attached

2-I have not included any work experience in my EOI and left it blank (all fields are selected non of the above). Because i do not need the points for work experience and wanted to decrease the time and effort of collecting certificates.Do you think that this would have a negative impact on EOI decision?
I don't know how NZIS would view it. It may look a bit strange and yes they may request that proof depending on the job offer. If you need a certain amount of work experience to be qualified for your job or for your employer to employ you as such then this could be a problem.
I don't know what occupation you're in, but an example: if you've claimed points for a qualification in an area of absolute shortage, some jobs require qualification and a certain amount of work experience in order to gain these points .
Another could be if someone has a job offer as say, a senior manager or surgeon, and is not claiming any prior work experience...
Would that applicant really be offered a job as such without any work experience...?

Obviously there are many professions where it's irrelevant. You have enough points and it doesn't matter how much experience you have or whether you choose not to claim for it. Just pointing out a few reasons why they might look at your application a little more closely or may request you do supply that proof
However they may not, all depends on what the job is.

3-In case a decision have been taken on my EOI, is my status on the immigration website will be changed from selected t whatever?
It was a while ago but I think it changes to something like 'Successful'

4-What does the modification date means on my EOI, It is written 13 July and my EOI selected on 10th of July, I dont understand this ?
Not sure. The date they first look at it?

All the best, come back to us when you know what's happening!
Old Jul 31st 2013, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Persephone,

It's true, I have been spying on you for a while .

Firstly, a million thanks for your well organized reply.

And I can't go in person to London branch because I am located in Dubai. I can just call or email them, however I think I will wait a week as you advised guys.

Regarding my occupation, i am a pharmacist and yes it requires full or provisional registration with pharamcy council of New Zealand. And yes It requires at least one year work experience for the pharmacy council to endorse me. I have a provisional regestration ( would be able to get it full in New Zealand, not offshore. So maybe they will require a work experience , which I will be happy to provide. But at least hope they will not reject my EOI for this reason which is my concern.

Lastly, I will definitely update whatever happens to me here, for others to benefit. And it would be nice if someone selected on 10th of July to participate also.

Thanks again for what your are doing here, I am a big fan!

Regards

Sheckooo
Old Jul 31st 2013, 7:59 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Persephone,

It's true, I have been spying on you for a while .

!
I have now moved house, changed my phone numbers and had plastic surgery...

Looking at the LTSSL the only requirement for pharmacists is NZ registration which you have [as far as you can anyway]. Obviously you would need this anyway for the job offer so I can't see why the lack of work experience would be a problem for you. However I am not NZIS!
I doubt they'd reject your EOI because of it, if they want the proof then they'll ask for it. You're not claiming points for something that doesn't exist so it's not fraudulent in any way

As you can't be fully registered before working then NZIS may give you a SMC Job Search Visa rather than residency straight off. It's not a problem as such but you have less time to get the visas and get to NZ. With this visa you have 3m to get the visas in your passport and then 3m from that date to first enter NZ. You are issued a work visa which you can convert to residency once you've worked for 3m. I mention it as you have a lot less time to get to NZ than if you are issued residency.

I'm trying to think of the pharmacist who posts on here...it will come to me eventually

Hopefully you'll hear something soon!

Thanks for the thanks
Old Jul 31st 2013, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

kiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to behold

My EOI was also selected on 10/07, still waiting to hear.................
Old Jul 31st 2013, 8:11 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Shelloid is the name I was looking for!
If you enter her name on the search bar you should get some info on pharmacist specific stuff
Old Aug 1st 2013, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Persephone
I have now moved house, changed my phone numbers and had plastic surgery...

Looking at the LTSSL the only requirement for pharmacists is NZ registration which you have [as far as you can anyway]. Obviously you would need this anyway for the job offer so I can't see why the lack of work experience would be a problem for you. However I am not NZIS!
I doubt they'd reject your EOI because of it, if they want the proof then they'll ask for it. You're not claiming points for something that doesn't exist so it's not fraudulent in any way

As you can't be fully registered before working then NZIS may give you a SMC Job Search Visa rather than residency straight off. It's not a problem as such but you have less time to get the visas and get to NZ. With this visa you have 3m to get the visas in your passport and then 3m from that date to first enter NZ. You are issued a work visa which you can convert to residency once you've worked for 3m. I mention it as you have a lot less time to get to NZ than if you are issued residency.

I'm trying to think of the pharmacist who posts on here...it will come to me eventually

Hopefully you'll hear something soon!

Thanks for the thanks
Hi Persephone,

Still you look the same after plastic surgery .

In the scenario of SMC job search visa sound strange because i have an offer in hand but if it is faster then its nicer.

And still i didnt hear anythin so far, i think i will give them till 10 August to inquire.

Thank you for providing Shelloid, another victim to spy in now .

Regards
Old Aug 1st 2013, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kiwi wanna be
My EOI was also selected on 10/07, still waiting to hear.................
Hi Kiwi,

Thank you for sharing this.

Are you appling under SMC as well or do you have a job offer?

The last thing is which office you think your EOI is being processed, because processing times differ from a branch to another?

Thank you

Sheckoo
Old Aug 1st 2013, 3:53 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by Sheckooo
Hi Persephone,

Still you look the same after plastic surgery .

In the scenario of SMC job search visa sound strange because i have an offer in hand but if it is faster then its nicer.

And still i didnt hear anythin so far, i think i will give them till 10 August to inquire.

Thank you for providing Shelloid, another victim to spy in now .

Regards
They didn't do a very good job then! I'd asked them to reduce the size of that nose and make my complexion a bit less 'blue'...

It is usually the case that someone with a job offer will be issued with residency straight away. The problem comes if someone needs occupational registration but cannot gain full reg before starting work. I was able to get full registration for my profession straight off and I gained residency without having a job offer in place.
Unfortunately pharmacists cannot get full reg before working so they generally get issued a job search visa instead. I think electricians have the same problem.
The visa is not faster, it just means you have less time to get to NZ. If you're issued residency you have much much longer to enter NZ. It's a problem for those people who have plans to go at a certain time and suddenly find they don't have as long as they expected to have.

P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.