Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

EOI (SCM) Section G: Principal Applicant's Recognised Work Experience

EOI (SCM) Section G: Principal Applicant's Recognised Work Experience

Old Mar 27th 2011, 3:58 am
Just Joined

farzanakhan123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

While filling Online EOI (SMC) Section G: Principal Applicant's Recognised Work Experience
I need all of your help. I have been working in my organization for the last 4 years (till today). Initially I joined as a System Engineer. After 2 yrs I have promoted as a Manager in the same organization and continuing my job as usual. For example
From XX-XX-2007 To XX-XX-2009 as a System Engineer
From XX-XX-2009 To XX-XX-2011 (till today) as a Manager
Now how to fill the Online EOI (section G)?
1) Should I mention the joining date of my employment in From field and current date of EOI submission in the To field and mentioned only the last job title/position held?
From XX-XX-2007 To XX-XX-2011
Your job title/position held Manager

OR

2) Add addition entries in the page (2 page or 2 entry for same company only for designation change/promotion) and mentioned each position held in the same company. And copy all other information same for each entries (eg. Type of industry, organization name, address, contact name, country employer is domiciled in etc.)

First entry
From XX-XX-2007 To XX-XX-2009
Your job title/position held System Engineer

Add Second entry

Pls. HELP me.

plz reply me

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 11th 2011 at 6:50 am. Reason: merge
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:40 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI (SCM) Section G: Principal Applicant's Recognised Work Experience

Hi,

What you have written seems about right and you need to add entries for each period in different positions from WHEN you started that post. Be sure to know what recognized work experience is as well.

All the best.

Originally Posted by farzanakhan123
Hi,

While filling Online EOI (SMC) Section G: Principal Applicant's Recognised Work Experience
I need all of your help. I have been working in my organization for the last 4 years (till today). Initially I joined as a System Engineer. After 2 yrs I have promoted as a Manager in the same organization and continuing my job as usual. For example
From XX-XX-2007 To XX-XX-2009 as a System Engineer
From XX-XX-2009 To XX-XX-2011 (till today) as a Manager
Now how to fill the Online EOI (section G)?
1) Should I mention the joining date of my employment in From field and current date of EOI submission in the To field and mentioned only the last job title/position held?

OR

2) Add addition entries in the page (2 page or 2 entry for same company only for designation change/promotion) and mentioned each position held in the same company. And copy all other information same for each entries (eg. Type of industry, organization name, address, contact name, country employer is domiciled in etc.)

First entry
From XX-XX-2007 To XX-XX-2009
Your job title/position held System Engineer

Add Second entry

Pls. HELP me.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

jnathan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI (SCM) Section G: Principal Applicant's Recognised Work Experience

farzanakhan123

are you there? Can we talk about my PAR by NZQA coz my Bachelor of Science in Computer Science has just been assessed by NZQA as Level 6; I am so sad, they should have given me level 7 as Indians and Pakistanis get Level 7 for their 4 yrs Bachelors.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 5:36 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

That's very surprising. It's very UNLIKELY that that can happen. Consult the NZQA officer of yours and ask how this has happened. Your degree should at least span a period of 3 years and 6 semesters consisting of AT LEAST 20 units with majority of it in the major of Computing Science. Perhaps you may not have met these requirements. You need to ask the NZQA officer.

Also NZ Immigration and NZQA officers don't seem to be the best selection of officers and candidates. They often feel dodgy, incompetent and poor quality. You really need to check the reasons. You would be surprised, but there are some extremely POOR employees in such major NZ organizations that could be easily replaced by more capable THIRD WORLD workers. It's very surprising indeed how such hopeless candidates even get a job.

Originally Posted by jnathan
farzanakhan123

are you there? Can we talk about my PAR by NZQA coz my Bachelor of Science in Computer Science has just been assessed by NZQA as Level 6; I am so sad, they should have given me level 7 as Indians and Pakistanis get Level 7 for their 4 yrs Bachelors.

Last edited by robbyarg; Sep 15th 2011 at 5:39 am.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

jnathan is an unknown quantity at this point

Robbyrag,

you truly said what has been shrouding in many minds about the poor assessment quality of NZQA.

look, they have clearly mentioned in my PAR result that : There is no appeal process. NZQA will not enter into any correspondence regarding the PAR.

Do you think I should still send an email regarding my dissatisfaction of the result they have issued and try to make them understand that my Degree was an 8 semester 4year course with more than 95% similarities with all of the NZ Universities' degrees of Computer Science at the bachelor level.

My guess is that they have a computerized or fixed criteria about any of the degrees at the bachelor level from my country and they always award Level 6 instead of 7 in cases like mine.

Apart from having disqualified officers with no practical sense of the degrees those are presented to them for PAR yet still working in NZQA, they have fixed criteria about some specific countries and no matter how best and world class degrees those countries might offer, NZQA would always award a level down than the applicants would expect. They know that determined applicants would always go for IQA spending $746 which is rather a big amount for NZ's money sucking authority.

I have spent $138 and they should let me know at which standard they have awarded Level 6 for my Bachelor degree instead of Level 7. there has to be some sort of transparency from NZQA.