British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI for Residency advice (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-residency-advice-919341/)

Tinbum1985 Nov 17th 2018 3:00 am

EOI for Residency advice

I am an electrician with about 10 years experience.

I am trying to do this EOI without the assistance of an agent so a few questions are causing issues.

Section G is all about my work experience.

I spent most my time working for agencies and some time self employed. So I am wondering how deep I need to go when filling out this section G.

2015-2016 I was self employed, so naturally I can simply state myself as 'self-employed' and that will cover me for that chunk of time.
However jobs before that on the employment agencies were a few weeks here, there & everywhere for numerous agencies over +12 month periods....
& to be honest I can't even put dates to a lot of it, no payslips via email in my records or nothing.
I never expected to need all this information in the future so wasn't so diligent in documenting it all.

And further back the companies I served my apprenticeship with don't even exist no more, due to liquidation etc

So not sure what to do about filling in all the sections in each entry through section G.

In each job entry they have this box to fill in asking...

''If this was in an ANZSCO skill level 1, 2 or 3 occupation, explain how the work substantially matched the ANZSCO description for the occupation''

All I have written is this;
'' 4 Year Trade apprenticeship, plus more years of experience in job role. ''
am I being too brief, would people suggest expanding on that...?

Thanks for any and all help, Nico.

MrsFychan Nov 17th 2018 7:44 pm

Re: EOI for Residency advice

Hi, more information is always the rule of thumb. Describe the work you carried out, see if you can get confirmation of being on agency books. Using an agent won't help they would still need you to supply the information.
have you applied for registration yet
https://www.ewrb.govt.nz/registration-and-licensing/registering-with-overseas-qualifications-experience/

Tinbum1985 Nov 17th 2018 8:01 pm

So just describe using generic information, as in the type of job it was and what my role was sort of information.

Some agencies it may be possible, as they are common well known in the area.

However others were almost random ones, I don't even remember the name of the agencies & I was paid via umbrella payroll companies.
I had found via job adverts on the internet and would have called the number provided.
In the section it asks for all kinds of contact details etc so this will be a nightmare to attempt filling in.

I am registered here in NZ as an Electrician with limited licence.

I have almost 3 years apprenticeship with a company who liquidated.
1 and a bit with a new company as an apprentice.
Then 2 years with them qualified.
I took a break and went backpacking for over 2 years...
Upon returning to work is where the resume goes bonkers, working for random companies here there and everywhere for over a year...
Backpacking again for a few months
On returning I worked for a year as self-employed.
And now I have been in NZ for over one year working as a electrical TA/limited licence.

I started my work visa back in June so plan to drop this expression of interest for residency as soon as I get my sh** together.

Tinbum1985 Nov 17th 2018 8:14 pm

Also, when it asks about other family members in section T2

How far do I go......?

It highlights;

Please include: parents (whether biological or adoptive), brothers and sisters (whether full, half, step or adopted), and children (whether biological, adopted or step children, including those from previous marriages/relationships).

But then in the dropdown menu for each person relation to you it includes nieces and uncles, grandparents etc

I have two older bothers and one is married so a sister in-law...