British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI rejected (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-rejected-517767/)

markraynes Feb 28th 2008 6:48 am

EOI rejected

i did assesment online and got the results. i got less then 100 points.
this is wat they put

With the points score forecast at below 100, there are insufficient points to be able to submit an EOI. It is unlikely that even with a job offer, you would secure enough points, initially, to be able to secure a Skilled Migrant visa. However, that is the bad news!

The good news is, there is a significant demand for HGV drivers in New Zealand and there are a lot of jobs available. The anomaly at present is that Immigration New Zealand does not recognise HGV driving as a Skilled trade and thus permanent residency is difficult in the short term.

However, if a job is found, a work permit can be obtained and, such is the demand for driver, residence is likely, particularly if your partner also subsequently secures work.

In the first instance, work as an HGV driver is easier to obtain and we can assist with that with our network of recruitment companies in New Zealand. We would also encourage you to look on the internet as we are finding that people are securing HGV jobs without leaving the UK, with a little perseverance.
:frown:

wat happens now then. i dont fully understand it. but looks like a need a job.

any advice on this please and wat else can i apply for

also if we go over on a work permit, how long is that and can it be extended, and will be able to get residents and how long for that. detail help will b great

but found nz4u who cost £2750 to help us with everything and find jobs. and have interviews and help in Derby end of March
thanks

karonious Feb 28th 2008 7:07 am

Re: EOI rejected

Can't help at all, just wanted to say stick in there!! :thumbup:
Have some karma to keep you going

markraynes Feb 28th 2008 9:21 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 5993247)
Can't help at all, just wanted to say stick in there!! :thumbup:
Have some karma to keep you going

ok thanks

Marika 38 Feb 28th 2008 9:45 am

Thanks for posting on the info you got from Immigration,

I can only advise you on the way we have done it, if we done it all over again, we wouldn't pay anyone, but just come over and secure job offer, then apply for work pemit. The stress of having your life in someone elses hands is hard, but yes in an ideal world, obtaining job offer when you are still in u.k would be best, but it is hard. It can be done, Kato33 done just that, have you contacted them yet, they are now in Roturua.
Work visa's are for 1 , 2 or 3 yrs, and yes as long as job is still secure they can be renewed easily.
Hope this helps

becabops Feb 29th 2008 5:34 am

Originally Posted by markraynes (Post 5993196)
this is wat they put

With the points score forecast at below 100, there are insufficient points to be able to submit an EOI. It is unlikely that even with a job offer, you would secure enough points, initially, to be able to secure a Skilled Migrant visa. However, that is the bad news!

The good news is, there is a significant demand for HGV drivers in New Zealand and there are a lot of jobs available. The anomaly at present is that Immigration New Zealand does not recognise HGV driving as a Skilled trade and thus permanent residency is difficult in the short term.

However, if a job is found, a work permit can be obtained and, such is the demand for driver, residence is likely, particularly if your partner also subsequently secures work.

In the first instance, work as an HGV driver is easier to obtain and we can assist with that with our network of recruitment companies in New Zealand. We would also encourage you to look on the internet as we are finding that people are securing HGV jobs without leaving the UK, with a little perseverance.

also if we go over on a work permit, how long is that and can it be extended, and will be able to get residents and how long for that. detail help will b great

but found nz4u who cost £2750 to help us with everything and find jobs. and have interviews and help in Derby end of March
thanks

Hi Mark

If i could offer you some advice:

We sold our house, employed a money broker to assist with the trasfer of funds, they are free. We opened up an account before we came with Westpac, our funds were waiting here when we arrived.
My husband had two job offers in the first week, he is now working for one of them. We applied for our work permits on the back of the job offer, they came thru in two weeks. Job done.
Money is crap and everything cost a fortune, but if you have equity in your house to put down a good deposit you will be OK.

Hope this helps.

newkiwi Mar 6th 2008 9:02 am

Originally Posted by markraynes (Post 5993196)
this is wat they put

thanks

For me, any recruitment company that charges money from an applicant raises an immidiate red flag. Respectable recruitment companies get their fees from employers when they place a candidate, not from candidates looking for work. Just be careful about who you hand your money over to, your in a bit of a vulnerable position so just be extra careful.

Do some research with potential employers directly.

happynz Mar 6th 2008 8:19 pm

I'm not sure what you are saying here. Did you actually submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) with NZIS or did you just do an online assessment with some emigration agency?

BEVS Mar 6th 2008 8:48 pm

It has to be an on-line assessment with some emigration company.

With the points score forecast at below 100, there are insufficient points to be able to submit an EOI.

Mark.
An EOI is something called an Expression of Interest and you lodge it with the New Zealand Immigration Service. It costs you a few hundred quid.

Something else that has confused me is the reference to NZ4U.
The webpage for NZ4U.com & NZ4U.co.nz has been suspended for some time, at least since early January 08 if not before.

This Investors in People group state they will find someone a trucking job with an acredited employer and that through this ,the person may go on to gain PR.

My view of this, and it is only my view, is that Mark should be very wary .
If there is a trucking job with an NZ acredited employer out there for him, they he would do better to contact the acredited employers direct.
Anyone that wants to take your money to find you a job raises an immediate warning flag to me.

markraynes Mar 7th 2008 10:22 am

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 6028016)
It has to be an on-line assessment with some emigration company.

Mark.
An EOI is something called an Expression of Interest and you lodge it with the New Zealand Immigration Service. It costs you a few hundred quid.

Something else that has confused me is the reference to NZ4U.
The webpage for NZ4U.com & NZ4U.co.nz has been suspended for some time, at least since early January 08 if not before.

This Investors in People group state they will find someone a trucking job with an acredited employer and that through this ,the person may go on to gain PR.

My view of this, and it is only my view, is that Mark should be very wary .
If there is a trucking job with an NZ acredited employer out there for him, they he would do better to contact the acredited employers direct.
Anyone that wants to take your money to find you a job raises an immediate warning flag to me.

i agree and have decided a bit back to try and find job myself

beaudixon Mar 8th 2008 7:14 am

There have been rumors of HGV changing so that you can apply for PR for about 2yrs now.
We moved over 18mths ago, on work visa HGV work.
The shortage seems to still be really bad, there are always jobs in the local paper...
If you want less of a gamble you could try for an accredited employer and apply for a work to residency visa.
We used a agent initially, complete waste of time cos they dont understand the fact that HGV is not skilled employment!!!
in the end we did all the paperwork ourselves, Neil came over sorted all the paperwork for the job and do a reccie.
Wages for truckers can be as low as $16/hr, it depends on what area you are looking at and house prices etc....also how much money you can bring over from the UK...
The work visa would be for 3yrs and can be renewed as long as HGV is still on the shortages list....
Hope this helps...

markraynes Mar 8th 2008 11:16 am

Originally Posted by beaudixon (Post 6033380)
There have been rumors of HGV changing so that you can apply for PR for about 2yrs now.
We moved over 18mths ago, on work visa HGV work.
The shortage seems to still be really bad, there are always jobs in the local paper...
If you want less of a gamble you could try for an accredited employer and apply for a work to residency visa.
We used a agent initially, complete waste of time cos they dont understand the fact that HGV is not skilled employment!!!
in the end we did all the paperwork ourselves, Neil came over sorted all the paperwork for the job and do a reccie.
Wages for truckers can be as low as $16/hr, it depends on what area you are looking at and house prices etc....also how much money you can bring over from the UK...
The work visa would be for 3yrs and can be renewed as long as HGV is still on the shortages list....
Hope this helps...

yes thanks

so when i get offered i job can i apply for a work to resident permit instead of work permit or is that same

happynz Mar 8th 2008 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by markraynes (Post 6033950)
yes thanks

so when i get offered i job can i apply for a work to resident permit instead of work permit or is that same

They are different. A work to residence permit has certain restrictions that are different to a work permit, salary requirement for one.

j19fmm Mar 9th 2008 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 6035455)
They are different. A work to residence permit has certain restrictions that are different to a work permit, salary requirement for one.

May you elaborate on that please ...:confused:

happynz Mar 9th 2008 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 6038749)
May you elaborate on that please ...:confused:

If you come in on the work-to-residence visa you will need to have a job offer from an accredited employer and the job offer must have a salary offer of at least NZ$50,000 per annum for a full-time job (40 hours per week). The job should also be on at least the immediate skills shortage list (ISSL).

A temporary work permit doesn't have the salary threshold requirement nor does the job offer need to be on the ISSL or the long term skills shortage list (LTSSL). The prospective employer would still have to have approval in principle to hire foreigners or demonstrate to NZIS that no suitable locals could be found and the overseas applicant has the qualifications to do the job.

There you go, clear as mud. :)

j19fmm Mar 9th 2008 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 6038847)
If you come in on the work-to-residence visa you will need to have a job offer from an accredited employer and the job offer must have a salary offer of at least NZ$50,000 per annum for a full-time job (40 hours per week). The job should also be on at least the immediate skills shortage list (ISSL).

A temporary work permit doesn't have the salary threshold requirement nor does the job offer need to be on the ISSL or the long term skills shortage list (LTSSL). The prospective employer would still have to have approval in principle to hire foreigners or demonstrate to NZIS that no suitable locals could be found and the overseas applicant has the qualifications to do the job.

There you go, clear as mud. :)

You're a love, thank you x