British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI Refused - Points deducted (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-refused-points-deducted-473801/)

johnnz Aug 13th 2007 6:45 pm

EOI Refused - Points deducted

Hi there,Please help.
I submitted my EOI on 27th July 1th and it was successful.I thought I had a 115 points.
I am a Computer Engineer and went down the IT Professional- Computer Application Engineer{21312} route.I have an HNC in Computing worth 50 points, but today I recieved an email form NZIS saying I only have 90 points with the following quote:
"Column 4 of the LTSSL states that the qualification has to be accredited by Washington Accord" which is why the bonus points cannot be awarded.
When I checked the LTSSL The Washington Accord pertains to
Professional Engineer {21426}
Has she made a mistake and seen the word "engineer" and thought I,m a Civil or Mechanical Engineer.Is it not NZQA who assess the IT qualifications?Any advice would be more than welcome.

UKNZAUS Aug 13th 2007 8:13 pm

Re: EOI Refused - Points deducted

Originally Posted by johnnz (Post 5184550)
Hi there,Please help.
I submitted my EOI on 27th July 1th and it was successful.I thought I had a 115 points.
I am a Computer Engineer and went down the IT Professional- Computer Application Engineer{21312} route.I have an HNC in Computing worth 50 points, but today I recieved an email form NZIS saying I only have 90 points with the following quote:
"Column 4 of the LTSSL states that the qualification has to be accredited by Washington Accord" which is why the bonus points cannot be awarded.
When I checked the LTSSL The Washington Accord pertains to
Professional Engineer {21426}
Has she made a mistake and seen the word "engineer" and thought I,m a Civil or Mechanical Engineer.Is it not NZQA who assess the IT qualifications?Any advice would be more than welcome.

Hi. If you call her up and ask her, she'll help all she can! We had points knocked off and she said we could have 2 weeks to sort it out - but we were running out of time fast so we left it at that. Just give her a call and I'm sure between you, you could sort something out.

Good Luck

Michelle x

johnnz Aug 13th 2007 8:15 pm

Thanks for the info much appreciated.The email came at 3pm GMT so I assume she must be in UK?

UKNZAUS Aug 13th 2007 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by johnnz (Post 5184815)
Thanks for the info much appreciated.The email came at 3pm GMT so I assume she must be in UK?

Yep - she'll be dealing with it from London. Her number will be on the letter you will get through the post shortly .. if not on the email already! Ours was lovely :)