EOI Question on Work Experience

Old Jul 11th 2010, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

perth364 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI Question on Work Experience

I have completed my EOI but am in a real dilemma as I have 5 and half years work experience but only need 4 years to claim sufficient points.

Therefore, do I still need to prove the other 1 and half years experience to immigration even though this experience isnt needed for me to claim the points for 4 years.

I spoke to an immigration consultant who said that if anything is wrong on the EOI then my visa application will be rejected. However, my details are not wrong but I am claiming for more experience than I actually need.

I have searched other posts but cannot find an answer to my situation.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 11:41 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI Question on Work Experience

If you haven't submitted your EOI then you could just change it to only claim for the four years you do have proof for?

If you have submitted it and get selected then you have the opportunity when you receive an ITA to apply amendments to your details. As this detail does not affect your eligibility for points, then I would have thought that correcting the details to map them more accurately to what you can prove shouldn't be a problem. Or, you could just add an explanation to the application.

In my opinion, the application will be rejected only if the details are incorrect in the sense that you are deceiving INZ or if it affects your eligibility for the points you are claiming or any other criteria that are relevant to your suitability for immigration.

Don't forget that it's in the interest of immigration consultants to make the process sound more difficult and prone to failure than it is.

WP
Old Jul 12th 2010, 4:47 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Once an EOI is pulled from the pool it undergoes a preliminary check. If NZIS feel there is an error within the EOI they will contact the applicant and give them time to correct the problem.
If the problem cannot be corrected and the EOI then falls under the 100 point threshold it would be removed from the EOI pool.

Why not just prove the entire 5 + years of work experience ? There are a number of ways to do this.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 8:04 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you can prove the required 4yrs you should be fine. If you put 5.5yrs on the EOI but can't prove it they will simply reduce it to 4 but as that is all that is required it will also be fine.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the helpful replys, the immigration consultants make out that if the EOI is slightly wrong then I will have to re-apply in 6 months. Its seems daft to reject my EOI if I can prove at least 4 years while the other experience merely in addition. Still it seems more sense to have it their than not.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 4:51 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perth364 View Post
...the immigration consultants make out that if the EOI is slightly wrong then I will have to re-apply in 6 months.
Rubbish. Are you paying for that advice? Worst case is that the EOI falls short of the selection criteria and is put back into the pool for the remainder of its 6mth life. In this regard I think BEVS slightly mis-typed, any EOI that is selected but has points removed during the pre-ITA screening is put back into the pool to take its chances.

Last edited by simonsi; Jul 12th 2010 at 4:53 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

No Simon I didn't pay for that information it came part of a sales pitch

I also have one further question folks. Two of my past employers have shut down, however, they only form about 6 mths of my work experience. Can I still claim this experience? I have signed letters, payslips, tax documents and bank statements to prove my experience.

Will immigration accept this evidence by iteself or will I need to give some form of a statment via a solicitor (not sure of the official name of this process).

Thanks
Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:47 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simonsi
In this regard I think BEVS slightly mis-typed, any EOI that is selected but has points removed during the pre-ITA screening is put back into the pool to take its chances.
Just call me fumble fingers or lazy daisy.
Correct. If points are removed but the EOI remains above the 100 threshold it gets bunged back into the EOI pool.
If it falls below the 100 points threshold however, it will be removed from the pool.
It wouldn't just be rejected. You would be given a chance to sort out the problemo.

I also have one further question folks. Two of my past employers have shut down, however, they only form about 6 mths of my work experience. Can I still claim this experience? I have signed letters, payslips, tax documents and bank statements to prove my experience.
Yes. A contract of employment is also helpful and you can also obtain a copy of your national insurance records if you are in the UK. This will show which employers you have worked for.
If self-employed etc. copies of tax returns.

oops. Links

UK Customs and Excise - Info they hold on a person and DPA

On line form

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 13th 2010 at 10:44 pm. Reason: forgot the links
Old Jul 13th 2010, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

WOW, thanks Bev I didn't know you could get a copy of your NI records.

Just googled it, NI records seem to be held at HM Revenue and Customs, their number is 0845 302 1479, in case any one needs it

Last edited by perth364; Jul 13th 2010 at 4:30 pm.