British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI question: from "selected" to "successful" (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-question-selected-successful-612897/)

Jan n Neil Jun 4th 2009 9:26 am

EOI question: from "selected" to "successful"

Quick question: I notice that some EOIs change status to "successful" within one day, but our has not. I have a job offer: are the NZIS checking on that, and is the change of status to "successful" in fact quicker if you have no job offer: i.e. less to check?

The current website says 2-4 weeks for EOIs to be checked, so how can some change within 24 hours?

Just as thought......

Jan

MooMoo290373 Jun 5th 2009 7:19 am

Re: EOI question: from "selected" to "successful"

Hi Jan

My status took about 10 days to change to successful :D

Good luck:thumbsup:

Ginny

Jan n Neil Jun 5th 2009 7:52 am

16 days and counting.......:(

Hey ho - it's our welcome to the roller coaster ride :rofl:

LiffyB Jun 5th 2009 7:54 am

Hi Jan

Our EIO was selected on the 6th May (125 points - no job offer) and we are still waiting to go 'Successful' - vey frustrating as we just want to go! With a job offer you shouldn't be waiting too long - before us probably!

Good Luck

LiffyB

RobDon Jun 5th 2009 7:59 am

Ours was about the same length of time as Mrs Moo. HTH. ;)
Hope you hear something soon.
XX

LiffyB Jun 5th 2009 8:03 am

Originally Posted by RobDon (Post 7636230)
Ours was about the same length of time as Mrs Moo. HTH. ;)
Hope you hear something soon.
XX

Were you lucky enough to have a job offer - this has alluded us so far!

Jan n Neil Jun 5th 2009 8:36 am

It was all a bit strange really: I was headhunted for this job - I guess my name was on agency lists as I was actively job hunting at the time, but in the UK - and this one came up. Neil encouraged me to apply, and eventually I did, but didn't think I'd get it. When, after 5 interviews (1 in London and 4 by new empoyers in NZ over a period of one week!!) I was offered it, the reality that we were going to emigrate suddenly hit us! So I'm afraid we weren't very prepared :o

Have to say, accepting the job was a no brainer, it's a wonderful job, and I would have taken it if it had been in the UK, or anywhere tbh.

LiffyB Jun 5th 2009 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 7636349)
It was all a bit strange really: I was headhunted for this job - I guess my name was on agency lists as I was actively job hunting at the time, but in the UK - and this one came up. Neil encouraged me to apply, and eventually I did, but didn't think I'd get it. When, after 5 interviews (1 in London and 4 by new empoyers in NZ over a period of one week!!) I was offered it, the reality that we were going to emigrate suddenly hit us! So I'm afraid we weren't very prepared :o

Have to say, accepting the job was a no brainer, it's a wonderful job, and I would have taken it if it had been in the UK, or anywhere tbh.

You are soooo lucky - OH has applied for a super job on the South Island - but sods law says it will be the usual - 'you're not on the ground - etc etc!' We're lucky we have sold our house - in rented - all packed up ready to go - Lil' Sis already living there - so even if it does go unsucessful we've already decided we'll just b*gger off down under and see what comes up!

Good Luck!

Jan n Neil Jun 5th 2009 8:58 am

We can't sell our house... we are faced with the very real possibility of leaving it empty with all our capital tied up in it while we are the other side of the world needing to buy a new home.... :frown:

RobDon Jun 5th 2009 9:06 am

Originally Posted by LiffyB (Post 7636238)
Were you lucky enough to have a job offer - this has alluded us so far!

Yes I was lucky enough to have a job offer. Nurse in Rotorua Hospital. :thumbsup:
Hope you hear soon. :fingerscrossed:

LiffyB Jun 5th 2009 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 7636434)
We can't sell our house... we are faced with the very real possibility of leaving it empty with all our capital tied up in it while we are the other side of the world needing to buy a new home.... :frown:

Oh dear not so great! my sister is in the same boat - but they are quite happy to keep their house on in the UK (it's rented out) and they rent in Welly (which they love by the way!) - I guess you would have this option - but there's nothing quite like going out there with no worries is there! I just want to be doing something constructive - I've just finished my finals at Uni - and am sorely tempted to leave OH in UK while I go over and look for a job (feet on the ground so to speak). Soooooo frustrating this wait!:frown:

Liff

Jan n Neil Jun 5th 2009 10:18 am

we've got 3 dogs. We'll be lucky if we can find somewhere to rent that'll take them too, I reckon...

Jan n Neil Jun 9th 2009 9:30 am

Well, EOI now changed status to "successful" :)

I know it's a small step but it feels good :thumbup:

RobDon Jun 10th 2009 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 7647688)
Well, EOI now changed status to "successful" :)

I know it's a small step but it feels good :thumbup:

Congratulations to you both!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mgee Jun 10th 2009 6:21 pm

We received an email today stating that they will post us the ITA pack within the next few days! Yay! :eek: