British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-question-819751/)

alan83 Dec 30th 2013 10:06 pm

EOI question

I've looked through the forum and can't find a definitive answer to "issuing authority" on the EOI form for a uk birth certificate

where can I find this on my BC, as my Indentity section on the EOI say's incomplete for just putting "Manchester" "Manchester District"

thanks

Persephone Dec 31st 2013 9:39 am

Re: EOI question

I didn't think the issuing authority was a mandatory field:unsure: and even if it is then it would have to accept all manner of different answers anyway.

Are you sure there isn't some other identity question you've missed? That might be a more likely reason for it being incomplete
P:)

alan83 Dec 31st 2013 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 11056834)
I didn't think the issuing authority was a mandatory field:unsure: and even if it is then it would have to accept all manner of different answers anyway.

Are you sure there isn't some other identity question you've missed? That might be a more likely reason for it being incomplete
P:)

the BC nimber isn't mandatory but the issuing authority is, and everything is filled in but still says incomplete, strange

Persephone Dec 31st 2013 10:22 am

Try UK:unsure: or add it onto the end. Maybe it needs a country rather than just a city?

alan83 Dec 31st 2013 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 11056874)
Try UK:unsure: or add it onto the end. Maybe it needs a country rather than just a city?

No joy :(

Persephone Dec 31st 2013 10:46 am

:confused: hmmm not sure then.

Are you planning on submitting the EOI or just filling it in so it's ready to go when you get a job offer? The reason I ask is that you may not have enough points to get selected without one as no point paying to submit an EOI if it's not going to be selected. It will sit in the pool and be withdrawn after 6mths.
Once you get a job offer, submit it asap.

alan83 Dec 31st 2013 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 11056906)
:confused: hmmm not sure then.

Are you planning on submitting the EOI or just filling it in so it's ready to go when you get a job offer? The reason I ask is that you may not have enough points to get selected without one as no point paying to submit an EOI if it's not going to be selected. It will sit in the pool and be withdrawn after 6mths.
Once you get a job offer, submit it asap.

just filling in so it's ready for when and if i need it, i may be being abit hasty when i started looking into going to nz, so it's no biggy that it's not complete..just thought i'd ask anyway