British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI Question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-question-597675/)

JBS Mar 15th 2009 2:32 pm

EOI Question

Hi all,

One of my friends is currently filling EOI questionnaires. There is one area they ask about 'Principal Applicant's Other Family', who should be included there?

I am thinking partner, parents, sisters and brothers and who else?

Please advice
Ta

MooMoo290373 Mar 15th 2009 2:36 pm

Re: EOI Question

we only did immediate family as they were the only ones who are coming with us.

JBS Mar 15th 2009 2:42 pm

Thanks a lot. What happens if parents and sister are not coming with them? Should they just include partner information?

I am thinking what is the point to include all family members if they don't come with you together?

Thanks

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373 (Post 7381560)
we only did immediate family as they were the only ones who are coming with us.

MooMoo290373 Mar 15th 2009 2:44 pm

we only did it as me hubby and our children never included others as they are not emmigrating with us, hope this helps:thumbsup:

JBS Mar 15th 2009 3:03 pm

Yep, it helps as its confusing when we saw this section as we are not sure who we should include.

In this case, partner informaiton should be enough as they don't have any children;)

I assumed Other Family section for partner should not include anybody.

Thanks

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373 (Post 7381575)
we only did it as me hubby and our children never included others as they are not emmigrating with us, hope this helps:thumbsup:

Denise44 Mar 15th 2009 6:01 pm

Hi

When we did our EOI, it said to include parents (or grandparents if parents are deceased), brothers and sisters. This was on the basis that if you did not declare them now, if they ever wanted to emigrate on a family visa, then they would not be recognised as part of your family.

Does that make sense?

JBS Mar 15th 2009 6:14 pm

Thanks Denise. This is really good to know. In that case, it is better to include parents, sisters and brothers just in case they would like to immigrate over later on.

Do we need to include Partner information in the Other Family section for the Principal Applicant? I can see there is a separated Other Family section for the Partner.

Not sure whether my question above makes sense to you?

Originally Posted by Denise44 (Post 7381986)
Hi

When we did our EOI, it said to include parents (or grandparents if parents are deceased), brothers and sisters. This was on the basis that if you did not declare them now, if they ever wanted to emigrate on a family visa, then they would not be recognised as part of your family.

Does that make sense?

Denise44 Mar 15th 2009 6:34 pm

You need to include the family of the principal applicant under their section and the family of the other applicant under their's.

So don't include your in-laws as your family, they come under your spouse (other applicant) section.

BEVS Mar 15th 2009 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Denise44 (Post 7381986)
Hi

Does that make sense?

Yes :) Perfect sense. Have some karma