British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI Question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-question-595014/)

yorkshire_sparkie Mar 2nd 2009 5:54 pm

EOI Question

I am filling in the EOI on line...Just got a few questions

1 - My husband has 2 children from his first marriage. They are living with their mother, they are 17yrs old and they are not coming with us. We do see them regularly and we give them an allowance (not CSA just between us) Do I need to delclare them under the dependant children section????

2 - In the family members section we have filled in OH Dad, 2 brothers, 1 sister and 1 half sister...In mine my Mum, Dad and brother...Should OH mention his 2 kids in that section??? I think surely they need to be added in there somewhere?????

2 - Do you need to include speeding fines in the section that says have you been convicted of any crime???

3 - Because I have been the one doing the online form with OH I have declared me as some one who has "helped" him fill the form in....is that necessary????

So far we have 125 points....Do you think thats sufficient???

Cheers
x

getmethere Mar 3rd 2009 6:19 pm

Re: EOI Question

Hi there

It's a monster of a form isn't it!

Sorry I don't really know any specific answers to your questions but I'll try and help where I can.

I don't have any experience of the children issue, but in my opinion, they should be included in the dependant children section because a) they are under 18 still and b) you do support them to some degree.

I really have no idea about the speeding fine, sorry! I would have thought that speeding, although an offence, isn't really the type of crime they mean here? Any one else have any ideas.

I filled in the form for our family even though OH was the main applicant. I never filled in the bit about assisting with the form. Don't know if this was right or wrong, but I didn't see the point because I was included on the EOI form. I understood this to be more relevant if a friend/agent/solicitor/etc had helped perhaps.

125 points is relatively high. Did you claim any bonus points? If you claimed bonus points then you will probably be selected pretty quickly. If not, then you may sit in the pool for a little while yet, but people have definitely been selected with 125.

Good luck

yorkshire_sparkie Mar 3rd 2009 6:43 pm

Thanks for that:thumbup: It sure is a monster of a form!!!

I did put OH kids in the dependant children section in the end - I just selected the not to be included in the residency bit!!

I think I will also leave the "did anyone help you" bit blank - I did it cos OH can only just manage to turn on a PC so he'd have been usless lol

Anyone else help with the speeding tickets bit?????????????????? :thumbsup:

I think we claimed bonus points for OH qualifications (He is an electrician and his quals are recognised by NZQA level 4 I think...just getting the stuff together to send to them).... He got 20 pts for himself, 65 for his trade I think and 40 for his quals??? Not sure without logging back into it lol....... We are looking to submit in April once we have the NZQA letter back and a letter from the EWRB saying they will grant him a prov license...

Thanks again

Stoof Mar 3rd 2009 7:36 pm

Anyone else help with the speeding tickets bit?????????????????? :thumbsup:
well... i asked similar question when we did our EOI - i had 3 points that expired in 2005... i ended up including on EOI... there weren't any questions about it when we got our ITA and they didn't show up on the police checks... haven't got PR yet though!!

steelblue Mar 4th 2009 5:45 pm

Hi yorkshire_sparkie

Don't worry about your speeding ticket. I declared the one I received last year. No questions were asked.
Our passports just arrived in the post. Not even a phone call interview that some people talk about.

Just be as honest as you can. It'll be fine !!! :rofl:

Good Luck :thumbup:

Steelblue's OH
x

yorkshire_sparkie Mar 5th 2009 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by steelblue (Post 7345350)
Hi yorkshire_sparkie

Don't worry about your speeding ticket. I declared the one I received last year. No questions were asked.
Our passports just arrived in the post. Not even a phone call interview that some people talk about.

Just be as honest as you can. It'll be fine !!! :rofl:

Good Luck :thumbup:

Steelblue's OH
x

Cheers :thumbsup: