EOI question

Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

misterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nice
Default EOI question

Hi all,

My wife and I are planning on being in NZ within the next year. Shes a nurse, and checking our points online, we're above 140 - so should be accepted.
If we are accepted for residency, what is the time-window in which this offer is availible? My wife has to first sort out her nursing registration, so we need to know if it's worth starting the process now (if we plan to be there in 12months) or waiting a bit. So i guess it comes down to how long you can take to get over there after being granted residency?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:46 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI question

I'm afraid I only know the answer to your last point, and that is that you have one year in which to validate your visa, ie. enter New Zealand, after you have been granted PR.

How long does it take is much like asking how long is a piece of string, I'm afraid. I was told that (we're already in NZ) after handing in my ITA documents, it could take between 3 to 6 months to be assigned a case officer. Don't expect it to go quickly, the wheels of the NZIS tend to grind along somewhat slow, I'm afraid.

Best of luck with your application!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

misterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Maz
I'm afraid I only know the answer to your last point, and that is that you have one year in which to validate your visa, ie. enter New Zealand, after you have been granted PR.

How long does it take is much like asking how long is a piece of string, I'm afraid. I was told that (we're already in NZ) after handing in my ITA documents, it could take between 3 to 6 months to be assigned a case officer. Don't expect it to go quickly, the wheels of the NZIS tend to grind along somewhat slow, I'm afraid.

Best of luck with your application!
Thank Maz! You've answered the question on when to apply - now(!). We were worried it would be too early if we started applying now, but if we have a year to validate, and it could take longer for whatever reason - it seems sensible to start now.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:00 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by misterjingo
Thank Maz! You've answered the question on when to apply - now(!). We were worried it would be too early if we started applying now, but if we have a year to validate, and it could take longer for whatever reason - it seems sensible to start now.
Cool. Glad I was able to help.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

My wife and I are planning on being in NZ within the next year. Shes a nurse, and checking our points online, we're above 140 - so should be accepted.
If we are accepted for residency, what is the time-window in which this offer is availible? My wife has to first sort out her nursing registration, so we need to know if it's worth starting the process now (if we plan to be there in 12months) or waiting a bit. So i guess it comes down to how long you can take to get over there after being granted residency?
It takes around three months ,maybe longer for the NCNZ to process applications. I am also a nurse and sent mine off 4 weeks ago. hope this helps.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

I have a quick question regarding the nursing forms. We're currently getting them filled out by the relevant people but we're not 100% sure if we should recieve all the bits of form back or not. On the forms to the university and the referee's it tells them to post the forms to NZ themselves. Is this the correct way of doing it? If so, how are all the parts put back together when they get there, as there doesn't seem to be an reference number on the form to hold it all together.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

I have a quick question regarding the nursing forms. We're currently getting them filled out by the relevant people but we're not 100% sure if we should recieve all the bits of form back or not. On the forms to the university and the referee's it tells them to post the forms to NZ themselves. Is this the correct way of doing it? If so, how are all the parts put back together when they get there, as there doesn't seem to be an reference number on the form to hold it all together.
When I sent off the relevant paperwork I enclosed an SAE to the NCNZ so that the person asked for the information be it a reference or nursing course transcript etc could send it directly to the NCNZ as requested. The NMC here will get back to you asking you to fill in another form and sending off £34 to them for the privilege of them telling their NZ counterparts that you are a nurse on their register.If you need a copy of your entry in the register then ask them for it but do this by phone as it can take forever by email as they "get so many it takes them a while to read them" apparently.

I think they tie up all the forms as each one has to have your full name and date of birth on them if I remember correctly.I was told in an email from them that it doesn't matter if it all arrives in dribs and drabs as they wait until it is all received then process it. Once they have received your application and payment then a reference number is allocated to you.Do you have a letter from your employer(s) stating how many hours you have worked as a nurse in the last 3 years? This is what they call a letter of goodstanding. The police check has to be the enhanced one and all copies of forms must be certified by a JP,notary or lawyer.

Hope this helps.

Phyllis