British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI Question? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-question-512617/)

alchris Feb 7th 2008 5:54 pm

EOI Question?

Hi there in the process of completing EOI just a bit confused on the 'family members' questions. Am I reading it right as just applicant, partner and children? Or do we need to list sisters, brothers,parents,nieces, nephews?
Any help greatly appreciated
Chris

happynz Feb 7th 2008 6:07 pm

Re: EOI Question?

Originally Posted by alchris (Post 5900442)
Hi there in the process of completing EOI just a bit confused on the 'family members' questions. Am I reading it right as just applicant, partner and children? Or do we need to list sisters, brothers,parents,nieces, nephews?
Chris

If I remember correctly they are just interested in your immediate family and I think parents. Uncles, aunts, cuzzies, no need.

alchris Feb 7th 2008 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 5900502)
If I remember correctly they are just interested in your immediate family and I think parents. Uncles, aunts, cuzzies, no need.

thanks for reply. I may have got it wrong then! Kept reading the 'help' bit on 'family' and just kept saying partner, children,adopted children etc. so just put them down!! Have just submitted, so fingers crossed-very tightly as we only had 120 points- hubby is an electrician- not too sure when next selection is just hope immigration is feeling generous to us low scorer's.

Persephone Feb 7th 2008 10:30 pm

Hi,

They do want you to put down your parents and any siblings you have, though not any brothers/sisters in law [seems odd but that's what NZ House said when I asked them]. No need to put down any other family members either - had been wondering about the 14 cousins, 12 aunts and uncles and numerous others! :eek:
I hadn't put mine down as I did the same- you go into definition of family and it says partner and children only, then got confused when you get to the declaration at the end and you are asked for their names. I decided [wrongly it turned out] that as they were not going to be coming with me then I wouldn't mention them.

I read somewhere on this site that they do want the applicant's parents etc so went into NZ House to add them [ EOI been selected so couldn't change it online]. The woman there changed it, no problem and said it was a common problem to make.
I think that you can make changes on your EOI if still in the pool, though may be wrong on that!
Good luck with your application :thumbup:

Liz & Co Feb 8th 2008 12:24 am

Originally Posted by alchris (Post 5900442)
Chris

We asked the same question and were told we had to add half and step brothers/sisters. MIL re-married and new hubby had 2 children both over the age of 30 - never met them but had to declare their names and addresses!

alchris Feb 8th 2008 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Sue R (Post 5901985)
Hi,

They do want you to put down your parents and any siblings you have, though not any brothers/sisters in law [seems odd but that's what NZ House said when I asked them]. No need to put down any other family members either - had been wondering about the 14 cousins, 12 aunts and uncles and numerous others! :eek:
I hadn't put mine down as I did the same- you go into definition of family and it says partner and children only, then got confused when you get to the declaration at the end and you are asked for their names. I decided [wrongly it turned out] that as they were not going to be coming with me then I wouldn't mention them.

I read somewhere on this site that they do want the applicant's parents etc so went into NZ House to add them [ EOI been selected so couldn't change it online]. The woman there changed it, no problem and said it was a common problem to make.
I think that you can make changes on your EOI if still in the pool, though may be wrong on that!
Good luck with your application :thumbup:

Thanxs for that have just added parents names and re-submitted! fingers crossed.
Chris