British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI Question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-question-466639/)

johneastriggs Jul 16th 2007 7:27 pm

EOI Question

Hi everyone,I am currently filling in my EOI and am all done except for 2 sections.I would really appreciate a little guidance as this seems to be the best place to get answers.
First Question:I worked in NZ for 1 year in 2003 but to gain bonus points you need to have worked for 2 years in NZ.Should I leave out the info as I cant claim points for it or should I fill it in.It does say please provide the following details about the recognised work experience for which you are claiming points and Im not claiming points for it.

Second question:I have an HNC in computing which is worth 50 points but everytime I try to submit it marks it at 60 points.I have tried it at every level and can only get it marks at 60 or zero.Cant get it to mark it at 50.I am worried when I submit that they think I am trying to get another 10 points by deception!!Any help will be appreciated thanks for your time.John

reecefam Jul 16th 2007 8:03 pm

Re: EOI Question

Hi...i am no expert, and others may be better placed to advise you but i completed my EOI two weeks ago and had a few issues like you describe with the points.
I was advised by the consulate, to enter everything as accurate as i could and that if/when i was picked out of the pool, they would contact me if they had any questions etc.
From what i gather, they do try to help you and don't work against you.
Be as honest as you can, then let them contact you about it, i am sure, once they have spoken to you, they wont think you have cheated the system.
How many points have you got on the calculator?

johneastriggs Jul 16th 2007 8:12 pm

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply,appreciate it.
I have 115 at the moment but I beleive the points are changing July 30th so I may get 5 points for the 1 years work experience in NZ.

reecefam Jul 16th 2007 8:14 pm

Have you got a job offer over there...if you have you should get picked straight away, as the job offer is a big help!

johneastriggs Jul 16th 2007 8:25 pm

Hi reecefam no job offer as yet.Just started the process really.Have a few contacts over there.

P2L Jul 16th 2007 8:28 pm

What line of work are you in johneastriggs ?

Someone may be able to point you in the right direction :unsure:

johneastriggs Jul 16th 2007 8:37 pm

Hi Kev & Sara,I am a Computer Network Engineer and work for the local education authority here in Scotland.I see you are in Blenheim.Beautiful part of Godzone.

P2L Jul 16th 2007 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by johneastriggs (Post 5063752)
Hi Kev & Sara,I am a Computer Network Engineer and work for the local education authority here in Scotland.I see you are in Blenheim.Beautiful part of Godzone.

Not this morning, it's raining :frown: :D

Do you have an idea of where you want to be?? The majority of work is obviously in the cities ...........

johneastriggs Jul 16th 2007 9:06 pm

A bit predictable I,m afraid but it will more than likely be Auckland.I lived in Takapuna on the North Shore for a year in 2003 and loved it but circumstances dictated I had to come back, but now I,m ready to return.