British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI Query (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-query-694027/)

sourabh_cool Nov 18th 2010 4:20 pm

EOI Query

Hi all
MY EOI with 120 points was selected on 3rd november 2010
I was rechecking my EOI status it says "SELECTED" on digging further i found my EOI points have reduced to 100 on 13th November 2010 .the status still remains selected , my question is will i be invited for ETA
Also wanted to know why the points are reduced to 100 in my EOI sheet

thanks

Sunny :fingerscrossed:

Scousebird Nov 18th 2010 7:23 pm

Re: EOI Query

Originally Posted by sourabh_cool (Post 8989837)
Hi all
I was rechecking my EOI status it says "SELECTED" on digging further i found my EOI points have reduced to 100 on 13th November 2010 .the status still remains selected , my question is will i be invited for ETA

thanks

coz they have looked at you application and felt that you don't meet the points you've claimed for - probably. You won't get selected on 100 - you need at least 110 and have points from the absolute shortage skills area to even beconsidered for selection is my understanding - and experience unless someone else knows different.

sourabh_cool Nov 18th 2010 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Scousebird (Post 8990186)
coz they have looked at you application and felt that you don't meet the points you've claimed for - probably. You won't get selected on 100 - you need at least 110 and have points from the absolute shortage skills area to even beconsidered for selection is my understanding - and experience unless someone else knows different.

thanks for the reply
so i should leave hopes of being getting invitation for immigration ??

Scousebird Nov 19th 2010 7:17 am

Originally Posted by sourabh_cool (Post 8990191)
thanks for the reply

cant advise you of that. You need to see why theyve turned down your points and possible challenge or look at ways of gaining points ie a job. Otherwise look at alternative visas.

BEVS Nov 21st 2010 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by sourabh_cool (Post 8989837)
Hi all

thanks

If the points you have claimed on your EOI have been reduced by NZIS after their preliminary checks, then you will be advised by NZIS as to why this is.
You will be given time to reply about this and/or to adjust your information, before the EOI is returned to the pool.

robbyarg Nov 22nd 2010 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by sourabh_cool (Post 8990191)
thanks for the reply

As stated, they did a prelim check and discovered your points are lower. This happens to a LOT of people. You should have checked with an agent. Even for the EOI they check the points and verify the things written in your application. You should have lodged ONLY after consultation with an agent, not otherwise, with an IQA (if applicable) and a check for work experience. This requires 30 hours per week to be considered and needs to be calculated that way.

Don't lose hope. 100 points is a bit low to be considered and since Jan 2010, I can't recall anyone accepted with that much points without a job offer. If you can get a job offer, should be no problem. If not, 6 years of work experience is a pretty good chance if it is gained in the skills shortage. Get your IELTS with good bands like 7+ always show you can fit in well in NZ.

You may not get the ITA, as the selection expectation for points is so high. It's a bit ridiculous. It's better to consider Australia if you have 1-3 years work experience meeting 'Recent Work Experience' requirement or any family there. There is also State sponsorship even if you don't have family there.