EOI Qualification Issue

Old Aug 27th 2010, 9:49 am
Just Joined

sania_akhter8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI Qualification Issue

Hi,

I would like to apply for the EOI skilled migrant category do my degree of Msc (Information Systems and Management), United Kingdom and having three years relevant IT experience - do my degreee fulfill the question below

1) Bachelor Degree (Level 7) qualification majoring in computer science, information science or information technology AND three years of relevant work experience Bachelor Degree (Level 7) qualification majoring in computer science, information science or information technology ?
Old Aug 27th 2010, 9:54 am
Just Joined

nzmoonlight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI Qualification Issue

yes. Your masters is infact above the level 7 so you're well covered.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

sufyan_victoria will become famous soon enoughsufyan_victoria will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nzmoonlight View Post
yes. Your masters is infact above the level 7 so you're well covered.
if the same master degree outside form UK i.e if it is from recognized university in Pakistan e.g Master in Computer Science from University of Karachi.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 10:24 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sufyan_victoria View Post
if the same master degree outside form UK i.e if it is from recognized university in Pakistan e.g Master in Computer Science from University of Karachi.
You need to check the website, the Univ of Karachi may not be a recognised institution so the qualification may need to be assessed.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 8:02 am
Just Joined

sania_akhter8 is an unknown quantity at this point

i send an email to INZ department they gimme the answer below

Question )My qualification is of a higher level than the one listed as required for my occupation under the Long Term Skill Shortages list (LTSSL). Will I still meet the qualification requirements?

Answer
A higher qualification does not automatically meet the qualification requirement under LTSSL.

The occupations and relevant qualifications/work experience on the LTSSL were developed in conjunction with specific industry/sector. The industry/sector advise on the acceptable qualifications/work experience for the occupations. The requirements are driven by industry and the associated bodies.

Reasoning of why the higher qualifications are not always acceptable in place of the lower ones centres on the lower qualification containing practical components. Not all higher qualifications have a practical component and may be solely theory based. A higher qualification does not necessarily mean that the person has the specific skills of the lower qualification.

Your options:

If you can demonstrate that your qualification contains the same content or covers the same areas as the listed qualification, then it may be considered with your application.
To demostrate comparability of your qualification you may wish to approach NZQA to assess it against the lower qualification to see if it was comparable/contained the same components. Or you may approach the appropriate Industry Training Organisation or industry body for confirmation that the higher qualifications is sufficient to undertake employment in the specific occupation.
This evidence should be attached to your qualification evidence when submitting your application, and your immigration officer will consider it accordingly.

now you guys tell me where do i need to contact right now - for my degree equivalency ?
Old Sep 7th 2010, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

sufyan_victoria will become famous soon enoughsufyan_victoria will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by simonsi View Post
You need to check the website, the Univ of Karachi may not be a recognised institution so the qualification may need to be assessed.
thank you simonsi , i know that i need to have assessed my qulifications but i am wonder that which degree they give which level may i know NZ respective degree levels and their points.