British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI processing time (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-processing-time-474635/)

RickG Aug 16th 2007 6:15 pm

EOI processing time

hi guys,
i know this question has been asked zillion times........
i have points at 140 excatly with a skilled job offer. will i still be prioritised in validation of the points claimed, and get ITA hopefully sooner than other people?
also my partner doesn't have any qualification or job offer? any suggestions? visitor visa then look for job?
and i can't include her in my application as we not married yet and no proof of evidence for our relationship (utility bills, mortgage......)

rick

happynz Aug 16th 2007 6:39 pm

Re: EOI processing time

You should get your ITA soon enough as you have enough points (barring any deductions) to automatically get selected. As for your partner, I dunno. The usual is showing that you have been in at least a de facto relationship for a minimum of twelve months. How long have you been together? Is it possible to start gathering evidence of your relationship, photos, letters, birthday cards...

TeamEmbo Aug 16th 2007 7:39 pm

Re: EOI processing time

You don't necessarily need to prove a joint mortgage or utilities. All you have to provide is evidence of living together for at least 12 months. This can be done by Relationship Testimonial letters from friends, family and neighbours. They need to put their full contact details at the top of the letter, addressed To Whom It May Concern, Immigration Dept, and state who they are, how they know or are related to you or your partner, how long they have known you and your partner. Then a paragraph with a brief explanation of the length of your relationship, give dates of when you got together or first moved in, things you enjoy doing as a couple, examples of times when you have supported one another, whether in their opinion you are in a lasting, loving relationship, etc. You also need to provide the envelope which should be addressed to you both at the residential address you are stating on your submission.

You can also provide evidence from any joint holidays you may have had and any paperwork like booking forms or insurance documents for holiday or car etc that would have your partners name and your address. Write on the back of the photos the details. Any joint membership you may have, eg, gym membership. And you can use any joint invitations you might have received to family functions, christenings, weddings, retirement parties, that kind of thing.

Are you engaged? Do you have any evidence of purchase of engagement ring? Photos of an engagement party etc?

Also you can provide evidence of any joint purchases, eg HP loan agreement for any furniture, computer etc.

The most important thing is the relationship testimonial letters and to provide as much supporting evidence in whatever form you can, as long as it shows a minimum 12 months time together and especially your partners name along with the main residential address.

Basically Immigration need to be confident that you are in a loving, lasting, stable relationship that will continue within NZ should they grant you permission to come.