EOI POints for Uncle?

Old Jun 15th 2009, 10:05 am
Just Joined

gvbjersey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI POints for Uncle?

Hi All,
Thanks for help and advice so far. Much appreciated

I had a look on Immi NZ website to see if we would get points for my wife having an uncle who is now a NZ Citizen (after 30 years or so - not recent) and has family there etc.

Either the link is not working or I was trying the wrong one. Does anyone know how many points we would get (if any)?

Cheers!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 11:41 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI POints for Uncle?

Looking at the NZIS operations manual , I don't think that an uncle qualifies for points.

Originally Posted by NZIS
A principal applicant* qualifies for 10 points for a close family member in New Zealand if that close family member:is the adult sibling or adult child, or parent, of a principal applicant*, or of the principal applicant's* partner* included in the application
As he doesn't get you points, I suggest he offers you summat else, like several months free stay once you are here.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Looking at the NZIS operations manual , I don't think that an uncle qualifies for points.

As he doesn't get you points, I suggest he offers you summat else, like several months free stay once you are here.
Hi,

No Im in the same position as you aunt and uncle moved out over 20 years ago but they dont count unfortunately!! But my aunt is buying stuff for a house I dont have yet, keep getting emails like "picked you up a dinner set today" etc etc !!! bless x
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

gvbjersey is an unknown quantity at this point

:curse:
Thanks for the feedback. Was hopefull but you never know. I may be able to bludge some time at theirs if/when we get there
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gvbjersey View Post
:curse:
Thanks for the feedback. Was hopefull but you never know. I may be able to bludge some time at theirs if/when we get there
Keep positive it did help in our interview when we said we had close family in NZ, even if they didn't help us gain any points!!! X