EOI Points question NZ

Old Aug 30th 2006, 4:19 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default EOI Points question NZ

Hi there,

Don't know if anyone can help, but I studied for and passed a YTS, then a BTEC ONC in Science (Chemistry) back in 1991. I left the industry after about 3 years in total as it bored me quite a lot (monotonous tests of the same things day after day). Anyway, I went into the music industry after this and have been there ever since, (now self employed guitar repairer / luthier) although I didn't study for or attain any relevant qualifications (apart from one on one study with a master luthier ... no qualification available from him) as there were none available back then.

My question is...Is my BTEC worth the 10 points as a basic qualification even though I'm not in the industry, anddon't wish to re-enter it, when applying with my partner (Level 3 qualified / Saon Owner / State Reg Senior Hairdresser etc + over 12yrs experience) as the primary applicant for New Zealand?

regards, Rich
Old Aug 30th 2006, 11:32 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: EOI Points question NZ

Does nobody know?
Old Feb 8th 2007, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Twig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really nice
Default Re: EOI Points question NZ

You can claim points for basic recognised qualfications even if you are no longer working in that field.
There is another section for claiming points for work experience - this would normally tie in with your qualfications (there is a box where you state the work experience is relevant to your qualfications). So, I'm not sure you can claim work exp points though.

If your qualifications are not on the recognised list (on the NZIS website), you can have a pre-assessment done by NZQA, you can do this online and shouldn't take too long. Will set you back about $75 NZ.

Anyway, hope this helps and good luck!