EOI points question

Old Jan 28th 2013, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

dithering pom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI points question

Hi everyone

I am in the process of completing my EOI and have 130 points without a job offer (I'm an osteopath and have therefore a profession termed an absolute skill shortage). I am however trying to get a job offer to ensure selection but its a slow process and therefore want to set the ball rolling.

My question is does anyone know if you can amend an application once logged? If I get a job offer can I add the points to my existing application or is it a question of another application and more pertinently, another fee!

Any help much appreciated.

PS. Keep looking at the weather website in Tauranga and dreaming of 24 degree sunshine day after day after day...
Old Jan 29th 2013, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI points question

Yes, if you get a job offer you can amend your points, and so consequently you should be picked from the pool next time around.

Yes weather here is absolutely lovely at the moment - we are about an hour from Tauranga.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 2:36 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

that's what we did, submitted EOI before job offer and then jut amended with job offer and selected on the next selection day.
with 130 points you may get selected without a job offer you just need to look at the past selection criteria's to see the likelihood
Old Jan 29th 2013, 11:25 am
Just Joined

eyadinuae is an unknown quantity at this point

getting job offer is not easy for people out side NZ but not impossible if you see the last two result of EOI selection in my threads and download the pdf file you will build an imagine or idea about the people selected ..
Old Jan 29th 2013, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

dithering pom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all for advice. No excuse for any more dithering!
Old Jan 29th 2013, 7:13 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

How many points have you got for work experience in an area of skills shortage?. Recent draws from before Xmas were drawing out those EOIs which included 15 pts for this. If the trend goes back to as it was before Xmas then you may have a good chance of gaining a visa without a job offer.
Still worth looking for one of course!