British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI points confusion (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-points-confusion-742378/)

azakeen1980 Dec 19th 2011 8:23 pm

EOI points confusion

Hiya,

My husband and I are completing the expression of interest and wondered if we are doing it right...we have only a low score however, when we completed the online points calculator we scored much higher. Why is this? What is the difference between the two? The questions from the points calculator seem to be a little different to the EOI. I am worried that with the low points that we won't be picked to apply. I'm a staff Nurse with nearly a years experience currently liasing with agencies to secure a job.

Any advice welcomed, thank you in advance.

Lindsey

Persephone Dec 19th 2011 11:04 pm

Re: EOI points confusion

Hi there
It might be that the EOI is more 'exact' in its calculation or it may be that you've missed something off. What is the difference between your two points scores?
If you give a run down of your points totals then we may be able to explain it.

azakeen1980 Dec 20th 2011 11:42 am

For example on the points calculator you get points for applying for areas other than auckland on the eoi there is no question asking this?

MrsFychan Dec 20th 2011 12:40 pm

the calculator is just a guide. the EOI is the one that matters.
You can fill the EOI online with out submitting so can alter/update it which is what we did, went in pool with 115 points but then upgraded when husband got a job offer. Husbands seems to think that the bit about area only comes into it if you have a job offer ? could be wrong as he can't remember but that does seem to make sense cos if not then everyone would just be putting it in as outside Auckland.

We found the call centre staff at NZ house very helpful when we were filling it in and providing us with clarification to maximise our points so worth giving them a call to clarify.

Persephone Dec 20th 2011 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by azakeen1980 (Post 9798070)
For example on the points calculator you get points for applying for areas other than auckland on the eoi there is no question asking this?

You can only claim points for this if you have a job offer in place. This is where the points calculator can be confusing, in general the points total on your EOI will be more accurate. The calculator also lets you accumulate points for qualifications which is wrong- you cannot claim points for more than one qualification.
Any other areas you want clarified?
:)

azakeen1980 Dec 21st 2011 11:26 am

Thanks for replys seems to all make sense now. With soo much to take in even the simple things gets a little confusing lol :thumbsup:

alimehdi Jan 3rd 2012 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 9798130)
the calculator is just a guide. the EOI is the one that matters.
You can fill the EOI online with out submitting so can alter/update it which is what we did, went in pool with 115 points but then upgraded when husband got a job offer. Husbands seems to think that the bit about area only comes into it if you have a job offer ? could be wrong as he can't remember but that does seem to make sense cos if not then everyone would just be putting it in as outside Auckland.

We found the call centre staff at NZ house very helpful when we were filling it in and providing us with clarification to maximise our points so worth giving them a call to clarify.

Hi,
Could you please advise, that what documents are required when submitting online EOI.
Shall I need medical,police certificate before submitting EOI and also do i need assessment my all documents prior to submit EOI.
Regards
Syed

4pommes Jan 3rd 2012 3:21 pm

You don't need any documents to submit an EOI. Only when you are requested to make an application (ITA) then you will need to submit with that anything and everything. You don't necessarily need to have qualifications converted for EOI but they will need to be done for the ITA and so might as well get the ball rolling. The EOI will ask, I think, if you have PAR or NZQA conversion but it's not imperative, as far as I'm aware.