British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI Points/advice (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-points-advice-684216/)

AJT77 Sep 5th 2010 9:14 pm

EOI Points/advice

We have filled out the EOI form and come back with 100 points. Is it worth submitting this at all?? My wife is a qualified dental nurse (which we think is recognised). I work in Facilities/Property Management and have NEBOSH construction, IOSH and APMP qualifications but only get 20 points for work experience. We have a 4 year old and a 6 year old and really want to move out there before they get too settled in school etc. Any advice would be great. Thanks

simonsi Sep 5th 2010 10:15 pm

Re: EOI Points/advice

If you look at the slection draw criteria history available on the NZIS website you´ll see that they haven´t been drawing at 100pts for ages if ever. I guess you don´t have a job offer - that puts you in a common position.

I´d suggest you firm up your position on the dental side than, if recognised or able to be rcognised you go that route and seek a job in that field.

Have you looked at the Skills Shortage lists on the NZIS website? If your job is there it is much easier to find employment, even before you arrive. If not on the lists then any potential NZ employer will have to show that no kiwi is avialable to do the job which makes it harder on all side to get that offer.

BEVS Sep 6th 2010 3:44 am

Dental Nursing is recognised as skilled and the occupation is on the Immediate Shortage list.

This means that if you can find an NZ job , then NZ employer is free to offer you that job .

This is one of the occupations where NZ registration will be required.

Contact Dental Council of New Zealand for details of what will be required. ( click the link)

sufyan_victoria Sep 6th 2010 8:13 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 8828438)
If you look at the slection draw criteria history available on the NZIS website you´ll see that they haven´t been drawing at 100pts for ages if ever. I guess you don´t have a job offer - that puts you in a common position.

I´d suggest you firm up your position on the dental side than, if recognised or able to be rcognised you go that route and seek a job in that field.

Have you looked at the Skills Shortage lists on the NZIS website? If your job is there it is much easier to find employment, even before you arrive. If not on the lists then any potential NZ employer will have to show that no kiwi is avialable to do the job which makes it harder on all side to get that offer.

I assessed myself and getting 120 points without NZ job offer, do you think that it is likely less probable to be drawn my application within EOI process.

What is the probability to get successful EOI for an applicant without any job offer from NZ ? Please just give opinion i will not consider it granted.

AJT77 Sep 6th 2010 11:37 am

Hi, please could you let me know where you can find the up to date immediate skills shortage list? I can't see dental nurse on it. Many thanks Alex

simonsi Sep 6th 2010 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by AJT77 (Post 8829417)
Hi, please could you let me know where you can find the up to date immediate skills shortage list? I can't see dental nurse on it. Many thanks Alex

You can search both lists here

Dentist, Dental Technician and Dental Therapist are on the ISSL, can´t see Dental Nurse tho

BEVS Sep 6th 2010 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by AJT77 (Post 8829417)
I can't see dental nurse on it. Many thanks Alex

Oops.
Many apologies for that. Need my eyes testing. Read it as dental hygienist for some reason I cannot fathom. :unsure:

Here is a link to ANZSCO which gives clear descriptions of the varying dental occupations. Which one matches yours.

ANZSCO LINK HERE - these are the ones on the immediate shortage list & are seen as skilled by NZIS..

also HERE for dental assistant - this occupation does not appear to be on the list of skilled occupations.

simonsi Sep 7th 2010 12:47 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8830592)
Need my eyes testing

Dont worry, I am at the stage where I need to hold written stuff so far away to have it in focus it is then too small to read! Don´t want to go back to glasses though (CL wearer), so may need to resort to reading glasses ;)

Oops, sorry, this was a dental thread not optometry :)