British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI Points (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-points-845232/)

adeel Oct 16th 2014 1:40 pm

EOI Points

Hello all,
i want to know my exact point for NZ SMC. I'm confused a bit.
My Points
Age = 25
Work Experience = 20
Qualification = 50
partner Qualification = 10
Total 110
i'm sure about these points but i'm confused about the rest point. I'm Database Admin and Developer. i do have 6 year of experience in my profession. And my profession in the list
absolute skills shortage
future growth area

But i don't have this experience in NZ i do have in Pakistan. My question either those bonus point for me ? Both hold 15 which makes my total 140. So i can apply for EOI?

Please help me out ...

MrsFychan Oct 16th 2014 6:54 pm

Re: EOI Points

Pakistan is not on the comparable labour.
Comparable labour market
A labour market is the commercial environment in which people exchange their work for income and where employers and workers ‘trade’ on the demand for, and supply of, skills. If you do not have skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment, your work experience must have been gained in a comparable labour market in order for you to claim points. Work experience is assessed as being in a comparable labour market if it was undertaken in one of the following countries by:

a citizen or permanent resident of that country; or
a person who had the lawful authority to work in that country.

Australia Japan
Austria Malaysia
Belgium-Luxembourg New Zealand
Canada Netherlands
Cyprus Norway
Denmark Philippines
Finland Portugal
France Republic of South Korea
Germany Singapore
Greece Spain
Iceland Sweden
Ireland Switzerland
Israel South Africa
Italy United Kingdom
United States

adeel Oct 17th 2014 5:18 am

Hi MrsFychan,

Thanks a lot for clarification. So you would suggest me not to submit EOI. Actually last year in APR i had tried for Silver fern. luckily, my application accepted and the immigration authorities give me three month to submit all required documents. Unfortunately, one of my document got late one day due to DHL. well i have submitted all other document prior to last day and also send a cover letter to explain the reason of this delay. But my case officer took very hard stance on this and declined my application. And me try next year or try SMC visa. i had paid around 700$ fee to education assessment, medical and other documents. I will try silver fern this year. but its based on chance.
plz guide me should i apply for SMC. Do you think i'm eligible. My work experience is in pakistan but we worked for UK company whose offshore office in pakistan. i explained all things may be you can give me better advice what should i do for coming NZ

MrsFychan Oct 17th 2014 5:34 am

sorry I cannot advise much as I, and no one else on this forum, is qualified to give out such advice, we can only give personal experience and understanding. Perhaps someone will come along with their own personal experience of this matter.