British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI point confusion (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-point-confusion-814261/)

adeel Nov 6th 2013 12:13 pm

EOI point confusion

Hi guys
i'm planning to apply for EOI this month. i have some confusion in calculating points. Although, i have read all relevant documents but still confuse about my score. Anybody would help me out in this regard? Actually, I'm confused about bonus points. if i calculate my point without any bonus points it would be

age=30 (29 year of age)
experience = 20 (more than 6 year experience but less than 8)
Qualification = 50 (level 7) (i have NZQA assessment report)

Total 100
Qualifications
Bonus points for qualifications:
10 points: qualification in an identified future growth area
10 points: qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage
10 points if your partner holds a level 4-6 qualification
Work experience in skilled employment
And if the work experience is in an identified future growth area:
10 points: 2 to 5 years experience
15 points: 6 or more years experience.
And if the work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage:
10 points: 2 to 5 years
15 points: 6 or more years.
My profession come under the following occupational group
ICT, Electronics and Telecommunications
(261399), Database Administrator

My qualification and experience fall under absolute skills shortage and future growth area. How much points can i claim? As my profession fall under both categories would i extract 30 or 15 out of it as i have more than 6 year of experience in relevant field. Similarly, in case of qualification me again fall in both categories can i claim 20 out of it or 10. As my wife has level 6 education would i claim 10 point more ? Let me summaries my understanding. if drop the all bonus points than total is 100. if add all bonus point 100
+30 (work experience in absolute skills shortage and future growth area)
+20 (qualification experience in absolute skills shortage and future growth)
+10 (partner education level 6)
total 160 OR

Basic =100
+15 (work experience in absolute skills shortage and future growth area)
+10 (qualification experience in absolute skills shortage and future growth)
+10 (partner education level 6)
total = 135

Additional information:
i have never come to new Zealand, no education NZ no work experience in NZ. even No job offer from NZ. i have applied sliver fern this year due to late document received. immigration officer rejected my application. My medical, NZAQ assessment and character certificate all clear

MrsFychan Nov 6th 2013 6:28 pm

Re: EOI point confusion

is your experience in a comparable markets ?

http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...bourmarket.htm

Persephone Nov 6th 2013 8:33 pm

adeel says he qualifies under the LTSSL so work experience will be accepted even if not in a comparable labour market:)

You can only claim points for a qualification and work experience in an area of future growth if you have a job offer in NZ.

You can claim points for a qual and work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage with or without a job offer

Your partner would have to show the same level of English as the principal applicant in order for her to claim points for her qualification.

It looks like you can claim points for the following:
work experience
bonus pts for work experience in an area of skills shortage
qualification in an area of skills shortage
partner's qualification

Though it has been rare for anyone with less than 140pts to be selected recently [unless they have a job offer], there was a draw recently where a points total of 135 with 15pts for WE in an area of shortage was selected. It could be a trend or just a one off, time will tell...
Have a look at the History of Selection Points, it will show you what categories of EOI have been selected over the last year.
P:)

adeel Nov 8th 2013 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10979674)
adeel says he qualifies under the LTSSL so work experience will be accepted even if not in a comparable labour market:)

You can only claim points for a qualification and work experience in an area of future growth if you have a job offer in NZ.

You can claim points for a qual and work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage with or without a job offer

Your partner would have to show the same level of English as the principal applicant in order for her to claim points for her qualification.

It looks like you can claim points for the following:
work experience
bonus pts for work experience in an area of skills shortage
qualification in an area of skills shortage
partner's qualification

Though it has been rare for anyone with less than 140pts to be selected recently [unless they have a job offer], there was a draw recently where a points total of 135 with 15pts for WE in an area of shortage was selected. It could be a trend or just a one off, time will tell...
Have a look at the History of Selection Points, it will show you what categories of EOI have been selected over the last year.
P:)

Thanks a lot my friend for your precious time. If i look at the trend picture become very clear that most of the time ppl with job offer or having 140+ points were chosen expect the recent one. unfortunately, i have no time to see the trend becoz i would be 30 year of age by the month of January. it means, i would lose 5 points more. Actually, all above mentioned points in your thread are new for me. i haven't read such things in any official document. would share with me the source of information. Specially, partner IELTS test result would be equal to applicant. I have applied for silver Fern this year, Unfortunately, i could not submit documents on time and immigration officials reject my application and suggest me to apply SMC visa.. My medical, NZAQ, Enlgish proficiency letter from university and Character certificate already in their system. i have described all becoz do i need to submit IELTS if my EOI get selected. My IELTS got expire this year in march.. would i need to reappear or Enlgish proficiency letter from university is enough ?