British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI PICKED!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-picked-532601/)

Mac3 Apr 27th 2008 7:50 pm

EOI PICKED!!

Submitted our EOI last Sunday and have just been on to see if there's any news and we have been selected from the pool!!!:D

We thought it would have been weeks before we heard anything. We submitted with 130 points and no job offer.

Last week we celebrated with lager. This week we are going up in the world with wine. If we get an ITA then out come the bubbles!! :lol:

Glen

Persephone Apr 27th 2008 8:08 pm

Re: EOI PICKED!!

Hi Glen,

Congratulations :thumbsup: It's a good feeling isn't it

If you go for the champers when you get an ITA what will you do when PR arrives?? :p :beer:

Sue:D

EmandKen Apr 27th 2008 9:00 pm

Congrats - :) crack open the bolly now! Wher you heading? What are your plans?

Mac3 Apr 30th 2008 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Sue R (Post 6273459)
Hi Glen,

Congratulations :thumbsup: It's a good feeling isn't it

If you go for the champers when you get an ITA what will you do when PR arrives?? :p :beer:

Sue:D

Run down the street naked after my second bottle of champers!!!

Ha Ha

Mac3 Apr 30th 2008 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by EmandKen (Post 6273761)
Congrats - :) crack open the bolly now! Wher you heading? What are your plans?

Not too sure where we will head. Just come back from a months holiday there and really liked Taupo and anywhere around Wellington. Since we got back we went to the Leeds Expo and now like the look of Taranaki (somewhere we unfortunately didn't visit).

What about you, where are you heading and how soon before your off?

Glen

EmandKen Apr 30th 2008 7:45 pm

Hi Glen
Just got our PR today :D and want to go now and book the flight but have a house to sell :(

Hoping to go to Christchurch but not sure when. Depends on a buyer coming along. We submitted out EOI a year ago tomorrow, 140 points, no job offer so it'll be quite a wait but well worth it. Frequent runs down the street naked will help as will frequent indulgences in vino and chocolate :)
Best of luck with yours.
Emma

Persephone Apr 30th 2008 7:57 pm

Run down the street naked after my second bottle of champers!!!

Ha Ha

:rofl: well a conviction for indecent exposure won't matter once you've got PR!:eek:

Congratulations Emand Ken:thumbup:
Good to know you don't need a job offer to get PR straight off, did they let on how they decide when to give PR and not WTR?

delhaddy May 8th 2008 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Mac3 (Post 6273371)
Submitted our EOI last Sunday and have just been on to see if there's any news and we have been selected from the pool!!!:D

We thought it would have been weeks before we heard anything. We submitted with 130 points and no job offer.

Last week we celebrated with lager. This week we are going up in the world with wine. If we get an ITA then out come the bubbles!! :lol:

Glen

Hi,
How does it work. Wife has 120 points I have 110. We are told we have to have a job offer before EOI can go in ? Is this right. I know you had 130 still 10 short of the magic 140.
Del

j19fmm May 8th 2008 7:37 pm

Who told you you had to have a job offer? And why the 2 EOI scores? What do you get if you combine your application?
Nosy old me!!:o

teebrown May 9th 2008 10:02 am

Originally Posted by delhaddy (Post 6324936)
Hi,
How does it work. Wife has 120 points I have 110. We are told we have to have a job offer before EOI can go in ? Is this right. I know you had 130 still 10 short of the magic 140.
Del

Delhaddy - you don't need a job offer to submit your EOI you only need a min of 100 points to go in the pool. you can submit your EOI with 120 points and if you get a job offer in the mean time you can alter your EOI and then gain another 50 points.

We submitted ours with a job offer 115 points and got picked out on Wednesday.

All the best.

Water Lily May 10th 2008 7:00 am

We also submitted ours without a job offer, only 115 points, and also got picked a few days after submitting. Now patiently waiting for the ITA....