British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI: PAR and IQA Query! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-par-iqa-query-856060/)

naine Apr 8th 2015 10:14 pm

EOI: PAR and IQA Query!

Dear Experts!

I submitted my EOI last month and fortunately Selected with 140! I used PAR in submitting the EOI.
I Possess, 2 x Bachelors and 1 x Masters Degree,

Let say Bachelors in Art and Bachelors in Commerce,
Masters in Commerce,

In my PAR, I submitted the details of Bachelors in Arts and Masters in Commerce.

Now I am planning to launch IQA, and wanted some change, I want to assess Bachelors in Commerce (Not ARTS as in PAR) and Masters in Commerce...
CAN I DO IT ???
i thought I could, since PAR has no significance but I am confused coz I have mentioned PAR reference Number in EOI,,, i don't know the outcome will be but i am afraid it will create a confusion.... because there is difference PAR and IQA!!

Please guide me!!
Thanks in advance!!
Regards
Naine

MrsFychan Apr 8th 2015 10:25 pm

Re: EOI: PAR and IQA Query!

welcome to BE Naine

can I please confirm that we are not experts on here and any information given is by experience or being understood through others peoples experiences. We are not qualified to give Immigration advice and anything on here is just the posters opinion.

Now as for your predicament, my understanding is that the PAR is just an indication of points that you may be able to claim and that Immigration would require the more formal IQA to allow the points to count. It would depend on the field of work you are in as to which qualification would be the best one to get accessed if you only want one of them on the application. Some fields need specific qualifications to gain the points for visas.
I am assuming that you do not have a job offer and have just achieved the 140 through your experience and qualifications so qualification specific may not be required.
If you can I would speak to the office that would be dealing with your application and seek their advice.

Persephone Apr 8th 2015 11:09 pm

I second what MrsF has said.

It will depend on whether what you are getting assessed under IQA is what INZ are looking for and what points score you are claiming for qualifications.

If you have claimed 60 points for the Masters then obviously you need that assessing [IQA] to claim those points. If you are claiming bonus points for a qualification or work experience on the LTSSL and it is essential to have the BA to claim those points then you will need to get the BA assessed. Can I ask why are you getting the Bachelors in commerce assessed unless it is somehow relevant to your job or the LTSSL?

naine Apr 9th 2015 11:55 am

Thank You for writing,
The Confusion still persist I believe, somewhere I lost my concern point!

My Concern is not Qualification / LTSSL etc,
Again:
I have applied for PAR and submitted EOI,,, EOI is Selected and in Process..
Qualification rated in PAR: B.A and M.Com

Now i am preparing for IQA : Can I change my Qualification to be assessed, I believe YES ? I want IQA for "B.Com and M.Com" !! but in PAR it was something else .... !

CONFUSION: Now back to EOI, I provided PAR reference number (in which Qualification was rated: B.A and M.Com) ,,, Now let say I got IQA assessed for (B.COM and M.COM) and I updated IQA results in EOI, now CO will not notice this change !! and what if this change reflect any negative impact on my application later on!

In PAR : Bachelors in Arts and Masters in Commerce
In IQA : Bachelors in Commerce and Masters in Commerce

Regards,
Naine

Persephone Apr 9th 2015 11:04 pm

The reason the replies look confusing is that we haven't got enough details to give you an exact answer.

You can only gain points for one qualification so that will generally be the highest one ie your MComm. I take it you have claimed 60 points for this?

Theoretically it shouldn't matter whether any other qualifications are assessed as you will have an IQA stating that your MComm is adequate and this is the only one you are claiming points for.

What we were getting at, is that if you have claimed bonus points under the LTSSL and there is a requirement for a BA in order to claim these points then you would need to get your BA assessed as well. If this is not the case then I see no reason why it should matter that much if you get a different degree assessed as long as the point scoring degree [MComm] is assessed.

I would however mention why there is a discrepancy to INZ either in your covering letter with the ITA and maybe contact them directly to see what they say.
If your EOI has not been selected then you can change your details and it should not matter at all as long as you can then subsequently back up your claims [by IQA]
Hope this helps
P:)

naine Apr 10th 2015 10:02 pm

Thank You !!

One more query, My husband has 10.5 Years of IT experience.

His current employment tenure is +2 years, his present employer is not giving him any reference letter / Experience Letter etc, but my husband has remuneration increment Letter that shows his designation and employment status, BUT that letter doesn't reflect his Job duties.

Is this letter sufficient for IQA ? and If he will only provide increment Letter in IQA how assessment will be carried out without knowing job duties.

Ay one has an idea how to cope with this issue ?

Regards,
Naine

MrsFychan Apr 10th 2015 11:18 pm

In My husband had to have reference from his current employer and any others going back as far as possible 10 years I think when he submitted his ITA out lining his job description and hours not sure if that was he didn't have a degree in his work field or the norm. Why can he not get reference? Not sure about IQA or if you need to provide this in the ITA hopefully some one will be able to confirm

In

Originally Posted by naine (Post 11616036)
Thank You !!

One more query, My husband has 10.5 Years of IT experience.

His current employment tenure is +2 years, his present employer is not giving him any reference letter / Experience Letter etc, but my husband has remuneration increment Letter that shows his designation and employment status, BUT that letter doesn't reflect his Job duties.

Is this letter sufficient for IQA ? and If he will only provide increment Letter in IQA how assessment will be carried out without knowing job duties.

Ay one has an idea how to cope with this issue ?

Regards,
Naine

FriendForEver Apr 11th 2015 10:59 pm

Mostly Job Offer Letter or Appointment Letter mentioned duties or job role and can be submitted as a proof along with Salary slips or increment letter etc.

Normally they verify job related information at their own, in one of my friend case they contacted the person mentioned in the EOI for verification purpose.

naine Apr 12th 2015 8:06 pm

It is differ in my case,,,
we dont have sufficient info to share in EOI wrt current employment,,,

rosey2014 May 3rd 2015 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by naine (Post 11614135)
Dear Experts!

I submitted my EOI last month and fortunately Selected with 140! I used PAR in submitting the EOI.
I Possess, 2 x Bachelors and 1 x Masters Degree,

Let say Bachelors in Art and Bachelors in Commerce,
Masters in Commerce,

In my PAR, I submitted the details of Bachelors in Arts and Masters in Commerce.

Now I am planning to launch IQA, and wanted some change, I want to assess Bachelors in Commerce (Not ARTS as in PAR) and Masters in Commerce...
CAN I DO IT ???
i thought I could, since PAR has no significance but I am confused coz I have mentioned PAR reference Number in EOI,,, i don't know the outcome will be but i am afraid it will create a confusion.... because there is difference PAR and IQA!!

Please guide me!!
Thanks in advance!!
Regards
Naine

You can enter upto 5 qualifications in IQA and all will be assessed under one application. In my opinion, there is no harm in having both your bachelor degrees assessed alongwith your masters degree.