British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI and NZQA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-nzqa-668055/)

sufyan_victoria May 13th 2010 9:13 am

EOI and NZQA

is there any requirment to show for my spouse english ability to show evidence of IELTS or purchasing ESOL during EOI and NZQA.

sufyan_victoria May 14th 2010 8:18 am

Re: EOI and NZQA

Originally Posted by sufyan_victoria (Post 8562459)
is there any requirment to show for my spouse english ability to show evidence of IELTS or purchasing ESOL during EOI and NZQA.

i think my question is not clear , here i go again , during NZQA assesment and EOI process spouse IELTS or purchasing ESOL evidence need to be presented or not , i thought it is the requirment to apply visa once you get invitation to apply.

lida16 May 14th 2010 9:35 am

Hi, Victoria

we were asked to provide IELTS evidence with ITA documentation. Not for NZQA or EOI.

Cheers

sufyan_victoria May 14th 2010 11:55 am

Originally Posted by lida16 (Post 8564640)
Hi, Victoria

we were asked to provide IELTS evidence with ITA documentation. Not for NZQA or EOI.

Cheers

thanks lida , but is there anything to show up or declare as a statement that my partner has x score in IELTS or i have done pre purchase EOSL during NZQA and EOI.

My concern is that i should go for NZQA and EOI first , meanwhile my wife wiould be get ready to take IELTS test to get 6.5 bands , if she could not get 6.5 within that NZQA and EOI span period of time then i will do pre-purchase ESOL before lodging ITA.

BEVS May 15th 2010 6:00 am

What you are saying is that your wife does not have the required English Language standard at this time.

It seems you are wanting to submit an EOI but make a false and untrue answer regarding your wife's standard of English to buy you time . Is that true?

The information you provide in this section will give us an indication of your partner’s English language ability. Meeting the minimum standard of English language will assist your partner to settle successfully in New Zealand.
Please provide the following details about your partner’s English language ability. To find out more, see the Help for this page, or read Section SM5 of the Skilled Migrant Category Policy.
K1. Please indicate how your partner meets the minimum standard of English, as defined in the Guide under English Language Requirements in the section Summary of Terms. * An IELTS Test Report with an overall band score of 5 or more An IELTS Test Report with an overall band score of 6.5 or more if claiming points for your partner's skilled employment or offer of skilled employment or recognised qualification Study for a recognised qualification conducted entirely in English Study for qualifications that meet the minimum standard, as defined in the Guide Current skilled employment in New Zealand for 12 months or more Otherwise meet the minimum standard, as defined in the Guide None of the above For further information refer to the following links: IELTS, Recognised Qualification, Skilled Employment
PLEASE NOTE: Unless you are claiming points for your partner's recognised qualification, skilled employment or offer of skilled employment, partners must pre-purchase English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) tuition if they do not meet the minimum standard of English. They will need to attend English language classes once they arrive in New Zealand.
You know, we all have to pay and play by the NZIS rules and why not. The least we can do, if we want to be here, is do as New Zealand asks of us.

Get your NZQA full assessment first
Meanwhile have your wife get her English language up to the standard required or buy ESOL.
Then submit your EOI honestly and truthfully.

:fingerscrossed: you then get an ITA for your efforts.

If you have a job offer but you know that your spouse does not meet the standard, then be truthful about that. They may give you time to sort this out.

sufyan_victoria May 15th 2010 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8566227)
What you are saying is that your wife does not have the required English Language standard at this time.

It seems you are wanting to submit an EOI but make a false and untrue answer regarding your wife's standard of English to buy you time . Is that true?

You know, we all have to pay and play by the NZIS rules and why not. The least we can do, if we want to be here, is do as New Zealand asks of us.

Get your NZQA full assessment first
Meanwhile have your wife get her English language up to the standard required or buy ESOL.
Then submit your EOI honestly and truthfully.

:fingerscrossed: you then get an ITA for your efforts.

If you have a job offer but you know that your spouse does not meet the standard, then be truthful about that. They may give you time to sort this out.

nop i dont wana and never ever give untrue answer, i just know that my wife english skill is not adequate at the moment , for getting her 6.5 bands would require some months may be 2 to 3 months, what i want from her to prepare herslef for taking IELTS and meanwhile i lodge the NZQA,EOI process in order to avoid to sit back and wait for her to get 6.5 bands ,She may get 6.5 bands and may not, if she does not get 6.5 band but get 5.0 bands then i can save amount atleast from purchasing full ESOL or partial ESOL accordingly to band.

My concern here can i go for NZQA , EOI without waiting her IELTS result which would be in parallel.Is there any declaration clause within NZQA and EOI that my wife's IELTS score band is 6.5 or i have done pre purchase ESOL for her.