EOI NZ related queries

Old Nov 28th 2018, 6:37 am
Just Joined

thakurajay17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI NZ related queries

Dear Friends,

I would like to know few details related to my submitted EOI for NZ.
I have submitted my EOI on 26th Nov, 2018 and now status is showing as Selected from the pool and "We will conduct some preliminary checks of the information you have provided to determine whether your claim is accurate. Following this checking, you may be invited to apply for residence in New Zealand."

1) Can anybody guide how much time it will take to get invite ?
2) During submission I read that if I don't have a job in NZ and study , I can get only i year work permit and within this period I have to get job to get residency . Is this true? as I am applying from other than NZ country.

Looking forward to hear from you. thanks

BR,
Old Nov 28th 2018, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Pinchendavid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI NZ related queries

Hi,

My EOI was selected on the 14th of November and I received my invitation to apply on the 20th. Can’t comment on your second point as I’ve got a job.

cheers and good luck!
Old Nov 29th 2018, 12:09 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

how did you work out your points criteria?
Old Nov 29th 2018, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

From EOI submission, selection from the pool to receipt of ITA can take up to 4 weeks approx.

Correct. If you don't have an NZ skilled job offer and have no qualifying NZ study or work experience you will not be approved for Skilled migrant resident visa. In this case your application may be deferred and you may be offered a 1 year job search visa - principal applicant only. This visa allows you to live and work in NZ for 1 year with the sole purpose being to get a written permanent skilled job offer which you can then use to secure the deferred skilled migrant resident visa for you and any partner/dependents.
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

thakurajay17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your revert.
1) Can you please tell me how much time will take from ITA to receiving of residency visa/work permit?
2) After receiving work permit/residency , what is the time period in which, we have to enter in NZ?

BR
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 1:00 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thakurajay17
Thanks for your revert.
1) Can you please tell me how much time will take from ITA to receiving of residency visa/work permit?
2) After receiving work permit/residency , what is the time period in which, we have to enter in NZ?

BR
Is that information in the pack you received from Immigration?
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thakurajay17
Thanks for your revert.

BR
1. No. Every application is different. Quoted processing times are only a very rough guide. Without a job offer or any study/work experience in NZ your application will not be a priority and as such it could take several months until your ITA submission is even allocated to a case officer and then from that point at least 3 or 4 months until you have a decision.
That also assumes no issues with any documentation and your police reports and medicals are fine etc.
2. 12 months.