Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

EOI London/ Now in NZ.ITA where to?Where are medicals and police certificates gone?

EOI London/ Now in NZ.ITA where to?Where are medicals and police certificates gone?

Old Jan 25th 2009, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

wannabekiwi will become famous soon enoughwannabekiwi will become famous soon enough
Default EOI London/ Now in NZ.ITA where to?Where are medicals and police certificates gone?

Hello there,

maybe this sounds familiar to some of you?

We got our work visas valid for 30months in the UK and also lodged the EOI there.
Now we are living and working in NZ and just got our ITA redirected from the UK to us.
It was all a bit messy. We could never update our new address on the sytem due to their technical problems and then our EOI wasn't allocated to a case officer for about 2.5 months.
Our deadline to send it in is the 30.10 because our medicals expire then and we have no feedback yet from our new case officer about where to send it to.
Does anybody have an idea what to do now?

Also we never got our medicals and police certificates back from the NZIS and are now supposed to submit them with the ITA. Can we just refer to the "Temporay work permit application number" where we originally send them with?

Hoping for some help...
Thank you.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI London/ Now in NZ.ITA where to?Where are medicals and police certificates gon

Originally Posted by wannabekiwi View Post
Hello there,

maybe this sounds familiar to some of you?

We got our work visas valid for 30months in the UK and also lodged the EOI there.
Now we are living and working in NZ and just got our ITA redirected from the UK to us.
It was all a bit messy. We could never update our new address on the sytem due to their technical problems and then our EOI wasn't allocated to a case officer for about 2.5 months.
Our deadline to send it in is the 30.10 because our medicals expire then and we have no feedback yet from our new case officer about where to send it to.
Does anybody have an idea what to do now?

Also we never got our medicals and police certificates back from the NZIS and are now supposed to submit them with the ITA. Can we just refer to the "Temporay work permit application number" where we originally send them with?

Hoping for some help...
Thank you.

Certainly worth a go... cross referencing them... which city are you in? Wellington Immigration i have found very helpful on numerous occassions whenever i have been in to them, so it might be worth popping in and speaking face to face to somebody for clarity on what to do...
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

wannabekiwi will become famous soon enoughwannabekiwi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: EOI London/ Now in NZ.ITA where to?Where are medicals and police certificates gon

Hello and thank you Simonmarkellis,

we are in Auckland now. OH got a job in IT (remember we talked about Testers a few months ago?).
Not sure if we can just walk into the Auckland office that easily but will definately call them on Tuesday...
After all people seem very relaxed over here
Old Jan 26th 2009, 2:31 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

we are in Auckland now. OH got a job in IT (remember we talked about Testers a few months ago?).
Not sure if we can just walk into the Auckland office that easily but will definately call them on Tuesday...

It doesn't really help you, but I was told NOT to transfer the EOI / RRV process between UK and NZ for exactly these reasons. As luck would have it I needed to go to London anyway and got the RRV direct from NZ House with no problems (we reused the Visa medicals and checks which we got back)

Hope everything goes OK for you
Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, yep i remember now... how you enjoying it so far? hot enough for you? where abouts in Auckland have you based yourselves?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis View Post
Yep, yep i remember now... how you enjoying it so far? hot enough for you? where abouts in Auckland have you based yourselves?
My OH really enjoys his new job.
We are having a fantastic summer so far. 25 C° suits us very well.
The beach and BBQ lifestyle is great too

We live in the north shore. Great place.

Hope you are still having a good time in Wellington.
Only ever here positive things about it and the rest from Billy Connolly....

Have a good week.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow View Post
It doesn't really help you, but I was told NOT to transfer the EOI / RRV process between UK and NZ for exactly these reasons. As luck would have it I needed to go to London anyway and got the RRV direct from NZ House with no problems (we reused the Visa medicals and checks which we got back)

Hope everything goes OK for you
Thank you very much for that.
In our case we submitted our medicals with our temporary visa application and didn't get them back when we got our stickers in our passports. Not sure if they hold them back to tie them up with the ITA?

Also there is the currency issue which means it is easier for us to pay in dollars and it would be a relief not having to post our passports and other document half way around the world....
Plus..since our deadline is the 30.01 I slightly start panicking
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

Not quite the same but when i applied for a new work permit/ visa for my mum last year I referred to the previous application and medical done which had not expired and she was passed through not problems. The Medical was done in NZ and I reapplied for the work permit in UK. I think their systems must cross reference.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

thank you for all your replies.
Just to let you know that the Auckland branch was very helpful and they said it was ok to drop our ITA off at their place and they would request our temp file from London (which should have our medicals and police certificates) if our case officer would agree.
Our case officer agreed to it too so we are submitting the ITA today!!!
One day before our medicals expire!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

thank you for all your replies.
Just to let you know that the Auckland branch was very helpful and they said it was ok to drop our ITA off at their place and they would request our temp file from London (which should have our medicals and police certificates) if our case officer would agree.
Our case officer agreed to it too so we are submitting the ITA today!!!
One day before our medicals expire!
Fantastic!!!