EOI or job offer?

Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

grahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nice
Default EOI or job offer?

Hi all,

I'm new here in the forum but have been reading a while now. Straight to it, I've been wondering if i should submit an EOI without job offer (the points indicate me as 145), or look for work then apply for visa/residency?

That's my question as I'm not sure that if my EOI failed, does this mean I've lost out totally in my bid to live/work in NZ? If an EOI failed, can we still get to NZ with a job offer?

I lived in NZ from 2003 - 06 and loved every minute of it. I need to get back there!

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:02 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI or job offer?

Hi there
Welcome!

Firstly if you submit an EOI with 145 points then it will be selected at the next draw - as all those with over 140pts are automatically selected.
If you did this at least you've got the process started and if you then find a job you can just fax it to NZIS and they will add this to your application and speed the process up as well.

I can't see why an EOI would fail if you had the correct number of points, could provide the correct documentation when your ITA arrives and haven't got a dodgy past that NZIS would disapprove of

I have heard on here of some being withdrawn because their points had been calculated incorrectly. Even if this were to happen then you could always reapply with a job offer at a later date and get the extra points! There is always another way I would assume that as long as you paid and there were no fundamental reasons as to why NZ wouldn't allow you to live and work there then you should be able to apply as many times as you like. Would be a waste of money if your circumstances haven't changed though
Hope this helps

Sue