EOI/ITA - Job Offer - Help!

Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

TAC2166 is on a distinguished road
Default EOI/ITA - Job Offer - Help!

Originally put this on the Australia/NZ forum but you guys seem to have all the relevant knowledge/answers! We're currently putting together our EOI for NZ but are getting conflicting advice. If we are successful and recieve an ITA do we need an offer of employment before we go? If we don't how long do we have to find employment once we land? My wife will be the principal applicant and is a Graphic Artist (a skill currently in demand for Auckland, I understand). Apologies if this has been covered already on previous posts but I couldn't find a definative answer.

Many thanks,

Tim,
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future
Default Re: EOI/ITA - Job Offer - Help!

Tim,
I didn't have a job offer (having an interview soon) but I had a 2nd tier interview a few weeks ago. I now have residency ( took 2 days afterwards) and can go when I want, but am going to wait for a job.
My EOI went in very quickly after going to London last October but I didn't get round to a visa application until my teaching qualifications were ratified.

Best of luck with everything

Joanna
Old Sep 5th 2005, 4:10 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TAC2166
Originally put this on the Australia/NZ forum but you guys seem to have all the relevant knowledge/answers! We're currently putting together our EOI for NZ but are getting conflicting advice. If we are successful and recieve an ITA do we need an offer of employment before we go? If we don't how long do we have to find employment once we land? My wife will be the principal applicant and is a Graphic Artist (a skill currently in demand for Auckland, I understand). Apologies if this has been covered already on previous posts but I couldn't find a definative answer.

Many thanks,

Tim,
Sorry Tim, you have me slightly confused here - all of your previous posts would indicate that you have already applied to move to Canada??? Have you had a change of plan???
Old Sep 5th 2005, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Sorry Tim, you have me slightly confused here - all of your previous posts would indicate that you have already applied to move to Canada??? Have you had a change of plan???
In a nutshell yes. Our application is now with the Canadian high Commission and we've been told not to expect to hear anything for two years!! This combined with having to wait for medicals etc means we won't get to Canada until 2008! We feel our eldest will be too old to move schools etc by then and are looking at NZ as an alternative. We also have two sets of close friends that will be settling in Auckland early next year, so NZ now seems a much better idea all round.

Tim,
Old Sep 5th 2005, 8:05 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TAC2166
In a nutshell yes. Our application is now with the Canadian high Commission and we've been told not to expect to hear anything for two years!! This combined with having to wait for medicals etc means we won't get to Canada until 2008! We feel our eldest will be too old to move schools etc by then and are looking at NZ as an alternative. We also have two sets of close friends that will be settling in Auckland early next year, so NZ now seems a much better idea all round.

Tim,
Sounds like a good idea to me - and it's a bit warmer on average too in NZ!!

Right, so back to your original question then...

Firstly, if you need to know anything NZ related, even if it is immigration-based rather than Lifestyle, it is better to post it on here in the lifestyle section as stuff on NZ tends to get lost amongst all the Oz stuff on the immigration forum - I do have a look over there now and then but not on a regular basis...and although you're not supposed to post immigration related questions in the Lifestyle forums we all do so don't be shy!!!

Secondly, how many points do you have - if it's 100 or more without a job offer then I would get your EOI submitted now whilst the threshold is low... you don't need to have a job offer before you can go although if you do get one it would speed your application through the system...

If you are approved and gain PR without a job offer you can take as long as you like to find work. If you are approved and gain PR with a job offer you must commence your employment within three months of landing I believe although someone correct me please if I'm wrong!!!

If you are approved and issued with a WTR (work to residence visa) without a job offer then you need to obtain and keep employment for 3 months at any point within the 2 year validity of the WTR visa - and once you have completed 3 months work you can apply for PR. If you are approved and issued with a WTR with a job offer then you must commence that employment within 3 months of landing and once you have completed 3 months work you can apply for PR.

I hope that has answered your question!! Just shout if you need to know anything at all about EOI's/ITA's or NZ - someone on here will usually come up with an answer for you...oh, and welcome to the NZ forum...
Old Sep 5th 2005, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Sounds like a good idea to me - and it's a bit warmer on average too in NZ!!

Right, so back to your original question then...

Firstly, if you need to know anything NZ related, even if it is immigration-based rather than Lifestyle, it is better to post it on here in the lifestyle section as stuff on NZ tends to get lost amongst all the Oz stuff on the immigration forum - I do have a look over there now and then but not on a regular basis...and although you're not supposed to post immigration related questions in the Lifestyle forums we all do so don't be shy!!!

Secondly, how many points do you have - if it's 100 or more without a job offer then I would get your EOI submitted now whilst the threshold is low... you don't need to have a job offer before you can go although if you do get one it would speed your application through the system...

If you are approved and gain PR without a job offer you can take as long as you like to find work. If you are approved and gain PR with a job offer you must commence your employment within three months of landing I believe although someone correct me please if I'm wrong!!!

If you are approved and issued with a WTR (work to residence visa) without a job offer then you need to obtain and keep employment for 3 months at any point within the 2 year validity of the WTR visa - and once you have completed 3 months work you can apply for PR. If you are approved and issued with a WTR with a job offer then you must commence that employment within 3 months of landing and once you have completed 3 months work you can apply for PR.

I hope that has answered your question!! Just shout if you need to know anything at all about EOI's/ITA's or NZ - someone on here will usually come up with an answer for you...oh, and welcome to the NZ forum...

Thank you so much this makes things much clearer. I'm half way through our EOI now. We're not using a consultant but doing it all on-line through the NZ government site, seems fairly straight forward so far. What stage are you at?
Old Sep 5th 2005, 9:17 pm
Don't let me get me....

The EOI process is fairly straight forward and if your personal circumstances are too then there is really no need to use an agent unless you felt you wanted to.

We have submitted our ITA and are waiting to hear if we've been approved for visas so have already gone through the teeth gnashing and hair-pulling stages of waiting for EOI's to be selected and then approved and now at the mild nail-nibbling stage! If we don't hear something soon I reckon I'll have chewed down to my elbows!!!

good luck with it all and if you need any help at all just shout - someone will hear you...
Old Sep 6th 2005, 12:36 am
Just Joined

Benji is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: EOI/ITA - Job Offer - Help!

If you're a Graphic Designer you'll have no problem finding a job in Auckland. I found one as a Magazine Designer within two weeks of arriving. There are lots of posts advertised on www.seek.co.nz or www.nzherald.co.nz
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: EOI/ITA - Job Offer - Help!

Originally Posted by Benji
If you're a Graphic Designer you'll have no problem finding a job in Auckland. I found one as a Magazine Designer within two weeks of arriving. There are lots of posts advertised on www.seek.co.nz or www.nzherald.co.nz
Thanks Benji,

Once we get our ITA my wife wants to send her CV off to Magazines in and around Auckland. She currently works for a well known womans weekly. Can you suggest some companies that she should get in touch with?

Tim,