From EOI to ITA how long??

Old Apr 20th 2007, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

mark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant future
Default From EOI to ITA how long??

Hi everyone,

We submitted our EOI with 140 points on 10th of February and were selected from the pool on 14th February. We have applied under the skilled migrant category. In the mean time I have been offered a job and faxed the information to NZIS in London on 3rd April. I also followed the fax up with a letter. We have heard nothing since. We tried to email NZIS (in New Zealand) via the website contact for an update and they replied but couldn't tell us anything and suggested we contact the London branch. We did this today by phone at £1 per minute (extortionate) :curse: and were told information is not given out over the phone and we were told we would be processed in due turn.

So where do we go from here? We are really frustrated :curse: as we want to get things moving. We have an offer on the house and most of the paperwork organised.

Has anyone else submitted without a job offer and then tried to notify immigration after? Also what are the timescales experienced?

Any advice gratefully received,
Kim
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:03 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From EOI to ITA how long??

Originally Posted by mark and kim
Hi everyone,

We submitted our EOI with 140 points on 10th of February and were selected from the pool on 14th February. We have applied under the skilled migrant category. In the mean time I have been offered a job and faxed the information to NZIS in London on 3rd April. I also followed the fax up with a letter. We have heard nothing since. We tried to email NZIS (in New Zealand) via the website contact for an update and they replied but couldn't tell us anything and suggested we contact the London branch. We did this today by phone at £1 per minute (extortionate) :curse: and were told information is not given out over the phone and we were told we would be processed in due turn.

So where do we go from here? We are really frustrated :curse: as we want to get things moving. We have an offer on the house and most of the paperwork organised.

Has anyone else submitted without a job offer and then tried to notify immigration after? Also what are the timescales experienced?

Any advice gratefully received,
Kim
Amazing

I submitted mine and was selected on the very same days with the same points!!

I have received confirmation of the EOI being accepted, however, there is a backlog for the ITA's being sent out. These will take approx. 4 weeks. I spoke with my immigration officer on Wednesday to confirm this.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

mark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sirplug
Amazing

I submitted mine and was selected on the very same days with the same points!!

I have received confirmation of the EOI being accepted, however, there is a backlog for the ITA's being sent out. These will take approx. 4 weeks. I spoke with my immigration officer on Wednesday to confirm this.
Hi there. Are you using an immigration agent? We aren't and don't yet have an officer. I also noticed on another thread that you got some approval on 9th April - what was that? We are just in limbo at the moment not knowing what is going on.

Anyway where are you guys hoping to settle? I have a job offer in Wellington and we can't wait to get there - just hoping everything works out. We only decided in January this year to make the move but we have been thinking about for a few years - since we visited friends who moved out 5 years ago. We have an offer on our house but don't want to exchange until we get the OK from NZIS.

Good luck with your ITA and keep us posted.

Kim
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:52 pm

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there. Are you using an immigration agent? We aren't and don't yet have an officer. I also noticed on another thread that you got some approval on 9th April - what was that? We are just in limbo at the moment not knowing what is going on.

Anyway where are you guys hoping to settle? I have a job offer in Wellington and we can't wait to get there - just hoping everything works out. We only decided in January this year to make the move but we have been thinking about for a few years - since we visited friends who moved out 5 years ago. We have an offer on our house but don't want to exchange until we get the OK from NZIS.

Good luck with your ITA and keep us posted.

Kim
I submitted everything on line and had an E Mail from an immigration officer, requesting more info from me. Once the info was sent back to him, he sent me a reply within 3 days, stating that my EOI had been passed and the ITA would be sent shortly.

I haven't used an agent as the forms were fairly straight forward. I may use one to find a job though.

The info available on this site should be enough to be able to do most things yourself but that's just me (tight!)

The other way of finding out what's happening is to E Mail the London Embassy with your EOI Ref no. asking for an update.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

We have had no personal contact from immigration at all. No requests for further info and no indication ITA on its way. Really frustrated as looking though the expats site a few people are moving forward with immigration who submitted EOI at same time and don't have job offers.

A contact my OH has has a contact in NZIS so we are going to try getting in touch with them that way.

My patience is running out and I really need to find some more because I'm going to need it!!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:16 pm

We have had no personal contact from immigration at all. No requests for further info and no indication ITA on its way. Really frustrated as looking though the expats site a few people are moving forward with immigration who submitted EOI at same time and don't have job offers.

A contact my OH has has a contact in NZIS so we are going to try getting in touch with them that way.

My patience is running out and I really need to find some more because I'm going to need it!!
As you haven't been contacted already, you probably filled all forms out satisfactorily and will just receive your ITA. I have been told that these will be sent out within 4 weeks. If your OH's contact cannot find any other info out, then the best thing is to wait. There is, apparently a backlog to work through. The London Embassy, I am told, have to travel to South Africa and deal with EOI's from the states, as well as the UK. I shall keep you informed of any contact I receive and will let you know when I receive my ITA. At least it should give you some idea of when you will hear from NZIS.

Keep the patience tho', the ITA takes time to process. I don't expect to be there much before Christmas, if this year at all.

Good luck
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers for that. I'll also let you know if we hear anything.

And good luck with your application too.

Kim
Old Apr 26th 2007, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Sirplug,

Just thought I'd let you know we have an immigration officer .
Email today - yippee!!
First off he wanted to know did I have state registration in NZ which I got last week so can tick that box straight away

Kim
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:43 am

Sirplug,

Just thought I'd let you know we have an immigration officer .
Email today - yippee!!
First off he wanted to know did I have state registration in NZ which I got last week so can tick that box straight away

Kim
Excellent, well done, did he tell you when the ITA would be sent?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

No not yet. Only read the email last night so I'll get pestering today!
Old May 3rd 2007, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Sirplug,

We have the ITA - it arrived in the post today .
Have you heard anything yet?
Good Luck,

Kim
Old May 3rd 2007, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Sirplug,

Good Luck,

Kim
Sincere congrats Mark and Kim! Obviously v. jealous as well, but delighted for you. You are definitely on your way now. Here's wishing you a speedy fast tracked PR.
Old May 4th 2007, 10:09 am

Sirplug,

Good Luck,

Kim
You jammy buggers! Mine still hasn't come!!

Good luck with filling it in, I'll just sit here twiddling my thumbs!
Old May 4th 2007, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi mark and kim

i am really pleased for you both, we are applying for our EOI this weekend and are in the process of looking for a job and a house, and getting ready to put ours up for sale.

i bet you are ticking the days off, before you know it you will be on your way.

good luck with it all

kirstie
Old May 10th 2007, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by sirplug
Excellent, well done, did he tell you when the ITA would be sent?
IT'S HERE!!!!!!!

At long last, the ITA has now arrived. Only one problem as I see, I'm off to France in July and NZIS need my passports! So, after all the wait I now have to delay things until after our hols......but at least I'm getting somewhere......now, where's that bottle.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.