British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI Help and support (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-help-support-806894/)

aelgazzar Aug 22nd 2013 7:41 pm

EOI Help and support

I am at a very early stages working on my EOI. I am confused – some questions are wired for me. I don’t know how to start and I am not sure if I got the correct point form the Points Indicator or not. Some times I get 90 and others I get 130 0r 140. I need your help.

I am 29 years old, not married but will marry within couple of months form now. I have two degrees (Electronics - communication degree (5 years study) and MBA). Both are not listed on the NZQF. I have sent to the NZQF to asses my communication degree only. Do I have to asses my MBA degree as well?

I started my working experience form june 2007 in the communication market (Technical and Pre-Sales) and for 3 years. from 2010 I started to work as a Telecom Account manager. In parallel and starting form 2009, I started to work on a part time basis for a UK company (based in Park Royal) as a product manager for the IT and telecom market. I ca easily get any supported document form the UK company as I proved my self there and considered form the middle management (although I am working as a part time job)…

Do my UK part time job can help?

I am sorry, but I really need a help from the group…

MrsFychan Aug 22nd 2013 9:18 pm

Re: EOI Help and support

welcome to BE and NZ forum.

can't help you to much I'm afraid but I believe you can only claim points for one qualification so that would be the one that would give you most points.
not sure the UK part time work would count as believe it should be full time work - but I could be wrong.

if you are doing the EOI you are looking at skilled migrant route? have you looked at any other visas that might be easier for you to obtain and then once here and working you could then apply for residency. as for your partner you would need to show a stable relationship and prove that you have been together for a certain amount of time for her to come on the back of any visa you apply for or she would need to apply for a visa herself.

aelgazzar Aug 22nd 2013 9:38 pm

ThanK you for answering me. That means it was better if i asked to asses my MBA instead of my comm degree? are you sure that i cant claim point for two degrees? only one? if so, i think i did a mistake and lost money because i already paid to asses my comm degree.

If it worths, i can ignore my Full time job and add only the UK job (part time). I can ask for a supported document form the UK company and nothing to mention about the part time - even-though they can mentioned its a consultancy or a full time job even! does that help?

What other type VISAs i can check ? yes, i was working on the skilled migration and i was told its the easiest way. correct?

I am not married yet, do you have any idea how long i should stay with my partner in order to be included in my application and claim points?

Thanks for your help.......

escapedtonz Aug 23rd 2013 10:03 am

Originally Posted by aelgazzar (Post 10864698)
ThanK you for answering me. That means it was better if i asked to asses my MBA instead of my comm degree? are you sure that i cant claim point for two degrees? only one? if so, i think i did a mistake and lost money because i already paid to asses my comm degree.

If it worths, i can ignore my Full time job and add only the UK job (part time). I can ask for a supported document form the UK company and nothing to mention about the part time - even-though they can mentioned its a consultancy or a full time job even! does that help?

What other type VISAs i can check ? yes, i was working on the skilled migration and i was told its the easiest way. correct?

I am not married yet, do you have any idea how long i should stay with my partner in order to be included in my application and claim points?

Thanks for your help.......

Yes you should have had your highest level qualification assessed - ie the MBA.
You can only claim for one qualification that has been obtained in a particular field of study which is always the highest level achieved as this will transfer across to give you the highest number of points.

When claiming for work experience the Ops Manual does not state full or part time work so I would expect either would qualify towards work experience so long as you can get the written confirmation from your current/previous employers.

Other visas you could look at are a Working Holiday Visa, Work To Residence Visa, Temporary Work Visa or Silver Fern Visa.
Depends how you look at a Residency Visa via SMC to decide how easy it is.
In my opinion and out of my list it is the visa that takes the longest to secure and has the most thorough checks of any of them. This is because Immigration NZ have to consider you living and working in NZ permanently (for the rest of your life).

The WHV can be secured quickly within days so long as you meet the requirements but you cannot accept a permanent job when you are in NZ.
The Temporary Work Visa can also be boxed off in a week but you need a job offer in NZ which forms part of its conditions.
This is similar to the WTR visa where you must have a job offer from an accredited employer in NZ.
Lastly the Silver Fern is a job search visa but limited to 300 a year, only available online and at the moment closed till end April 2014.

Being married wont make any difference to your application. What Immigration NZ need is concrete proof that you have a genuine relationship over 12 months. A marriage certificate doesn't give this.
You need other proof - joint bills, joint mortgage, proof of living together, photos, holiday tickets and photos, joint invitations etc.

aelgazzar Aug 23rd 2013 4:16 pm

Thank you for the detailed reply. I think I am now somehow clear about steps that have to be taken. i have to resubmit a new asses application for my MBA to gain extra points. And as for the working experience, i think i can easily get a correct document form the UK company that i am working for UK office technically and in the communication/IT field. i can gain points for that, correct?

for the marriage, i can get photos together on differ occasions and even while we are preparing my new house....i can count points for that, correct?