British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI help needed urgently please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-help-needed-urgently-please-635344/)

kaztayli Oct 12th 2009 7:36 pm

EOI help needed urgently please

Could anybody help clarify what is required in this question? I don't know if I'm just having a stupid moment or if my brain is actually now definitely fried but it might make more sense to somebody out there....

E4: Please indicate why your job is skilled. Give a detailed reason to support your claim for your points. We recommend that you first check our definition of skilled employment.
You should explain what is in your job description and explain how this is consistant with your occupational tasks for your occupation in ANZSCO. Also explain how your recognised qualification and/or work experience is relevant to your job. If you are claiming that your employment is skilled because it will enhance the quality of NZ's accomplishments and participation in that occupational field, explain
1. how your employment will achieve this: and
2. what evidence you can provide to show that you have an international reputation and record of excellence in your occupational field.

Now I've read all the relevant links and am still confused.

My husband is in Refrigeration and Aircons (although mainly industrial refrig) and has run his own business in South Africa but works for a major corporation here in the UK.
Please could somebody help?

alchris Oct 14th 2009 12:54 pm

Re: EOI help needed urgently please

Hi I may have got this wrong but I'm pretty sure question E4 is in relation to skilled employment IN New Zealand, try reading it again as my hubby is an electrician which is skilled but I was sure this was not answered and he just had to go to the end of the section.
If I'm wrong someone will correct me and now you are 'bumped' to the top again.
Good luck
Chris:fingerscrossed:

kaztayli Oct 14th 2009 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by alchris (Post 8015733)
Hi I may have got this wrong but I'm pretty sure question E4 is in relation to skilled employment IN New Zealand, try reading it again as my hubby is an electrician which is skilled but I was sure this was not answered and he just had to go to the end of the section.
If I'm wrong someone will correct me and now you are 'bumped' to the top again.
Good luck
Chris:fingerscrossed:

Thanks for the tip but it has to be answered in relation to why his employment is classed as skilled. I only wish I could have skipped it out :rofl:

Thanks for the bump though - :sneaky:

Persephone Oct 15th 2009 12:22 am

From what I can see you only need to answer this question if you already have a job or job offer in NZ.
I can't help any more than that as I had no job when I applied so didn't fill it in. Maybe explain what his job or job offer entails and relate that to the ANSCO definition and do the same for his qualifications ie how they relate to his ability to do his skilled job:unsure:

LukeandJo Oct 15th 2009 7:06 am

When we first started filling out the EOI, I came across this question and left it; planning on coming back to it when I could sit down and think about what I was going to write.

Going back over the EOI, that question has now dissappeared and I can only put it down to selecting "None of the above", when declaring any work experience in New Zealand. If you select "none of the above" you miss out loads of sections that would otherwise have to be filled in.