British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI HELP (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-help-705650/)

TABUA Feb 16th 2011 10:40 am

EOI HELP

Hi Guys,
I have posted before, but a little time passed as i had to wait for daughter to be born, register her birth and then get passport, so the EOI is going in on friday. finally as my daughter is now getting better after being in neo-natal for so long:thumbsup::thumbsup:.
I was getting worried after reading that my husband has to be already registered with EWRB before we can claim bonus points on the EOI, we have 130 with no job offer at present, but he will be going on a reccie and has quite a few contacts through friends, but we dont want to lose any points.
My husband is emailing EWRB to get the ball rolling today.
BEVS you did state that it can be quite a faff with regards to getting the registration.
Thanks for any info!
Romie

Persephone Feb 17th 2011 1:26 am

Re: EOI HELP

Hi
Yes you can only claim bonus points in an occupation where you need registration if you are registered.
I believe electricians cannot register until they are working:confused:I could be wrong.
It may be that you will be offered a WTR visa instead of PR. This is different to the 'other WTR' visa. You would get a work visa lasting 9months which can then be converted to PR 3m after starting a suitable job.
You also have less time to get to NZ once NZIS have made their decision.

mwhite1962 Feb 17th 2011 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 9181754)
Hi
Yes you can only claim bonus points in an occupation where you need registration if you are registered.
I believe electricians cannot register until they are working:confused:I could be wrong.
It may be that you will be offered a WTR visa instead of PR. This is different to the 'other WTR' visa. You would get a work visa lasting 9months which can then be converted to PR 3m after starting a suitable job.
You also have less time to get to NZ once NZIS have made their decision.

Just a quick one, An electrician can get registered but will only get a provisional license, which will allow him to work as a sparkie as long as he is supervised???, he will then have to do a nz regs course within 12 months.:thumbsup:

TABUA Feb 17th 2011 11:16 am

Thanks Guys,
The info is so conflicting, i decided to give immigration NZ in London a call and they said it is ok to submit the EOI, i said but will we loose points from this as we are just getting info together for EWRB to prove experience.
She said that its only when you put in your ITA.
BUT...
i have just read different on website....so now im head thrashed and havent got a clue, we cant afford to lose any points.
The time frames are so scary, as now i know that if you get picked from the pool you only have 4 months to get all the info in, then your EWRB on a provisional only lasts 12 months, we have to get PR...as we are a family with 2 children....but also have a property to sell...which shouldnt be too difficult in Jersey...houses are still selling at ridiculous amounts!
Does anybody know wether the electrical courses the practical and the regs course can be done in the UK, My husband would be exempt from doing the theory due to his quals and work experience history.
X

mwhite1962 Feb 18th 2011 12:08 am

Originally Posted by TABUA (Post 9182587)
Thanks Guys,
The info is so conflicting, i decided to give immigration NZ in London a call and they said it is ok to submit the EOI, i said but will we loose points from this as we are just getting info together for EWRB to prove experience.
She said that its only when you put in your ITA.
BUT...
i have just read different on website....so now im head thrashed and havent got a clue, we cant afford to lose any points.
The time frames are so scary, as now i know that if you get picked from the pool you only have 4 months to get all the info in, then your EWRB on a provisional only lasts 12 months, we have to get PR...as we are a family with 2 children....but also have a property to sell...which shouldnt be too difficult in Jersey...houses are still selling at ridiculous amounts!
Does anybody know wether the electrical courses the practical and the regs course can be done in the UK, My husband would be exempt from doing the theory due to his quals and work experience history.
X

I may be wrong, but am sure you can get the info from there website, i think he needs to apply for the provisional license, and then try and get a job over here( not easy) during that time he is not allowed to work unsupervised and after a period(?) i guess thats 12 months ? the
company contacts the EWRB to provide a reference regarding his work, and also during that time , he will need to find a college to do his regs course.
They dont make things easy!