British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-help-659112/)

sushisoup Mar 12th 2010 9:26 pm

EOI help

Hi

Im currently filling in my EOI and im a little confused on a few things:

in the other family section do they mean all your family or just the family who will be coming with you?

Im in a relationship but we dont currently live together, not yet, can i put us as de facto?

How indepth does the answer to E4 have to be and after each work experience?

Does my work experience dates have to be exact cos i dont know the exact dates.....??

Thanks for any help!!!

Persephone Mar 13th 2010 2:10 am

Re: EOI help

Originally Posted by sushisoup (Post 8416380)
Hi

Im currently filling in my EOI and im a little confused on a few things:

in the other family section do they mean all your family or just the family who will be coming with you?

Im in a relationship but we dont currently live together, not yet, can i put us as de facto?

How indepth does the answer to E4 have to be and after each work experience?

Does my work experience dates have to be exact cos i dont know the exact dates.....??

Thanks for any help!!!

I'll try and help!
Other family refers to your parents, siblings and any children not included in your application.

I think E4 is only relevant if you have a job offer in NZ or are already working over here. Hopefully someone else who has filled one in more recently than me will come along and give you a more definite answer.

If you have not lived together then your partner will not be able to claim residence off the back of your application. For your partner to receive residence as your partner then you have to have lived together for at least 12 months. He/she may be able to get a work visa that allows you to spend the required 12m living together and then apply for PR but I really don't know about how likely that is- think you need to speak to NZIS about it. It may be that you both have to apply separately or live together in the UK first. I would contact NZIS about your options here. In my opinion you may have problems getting them classed as your partner...Try emailingNZIS via the website or go into NZ House if you live near London. You can phone them but the cost is £1/min and that can soon add up:sneaky:
NZIS policy:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/5191.htm

For my work experience dates I phoned my ex employer [only had one!] who had got rid of all my details:huh: Between us and with the help of an old diary we managed to get the dates.
Hope this helps:D

sushisoup Mar 13th 2010 2:22 am

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

Ok so i better fill in my family...

I already work in NZ so I have to fill out that section I just dont know how much detail they want...

My partner is a Kiwi, its just in the relationship section I dont know what to put him as....

Persephone Mar 13th 2010 2:42 am

Ahh that changes things, I musn't assume!:D Obviously you can't apply for residence under partnership as you've not lived together.
My partner is a NZ citizen, we had never lived together and I didn't include him in my application at all. I only mentioned him in the covering letter I sent in with my ITA. I think I had difficulty with this section as it said I had to mention a partner even if he wasn't included in the EOI but it was easier not to have to fill in all his details. In reality I could apply in my own right, he was irrelevant:lol:. I think I put down something ambiguous like never married;)

Could be worth just doing a check with immigration as to whether you need to include him given that you are doing similar to me and applying on your own terms. I didn't include him and got PR [they knew he existed from my ITA letter] but I wasn't and still can't be sure that that was correct and that another CO may take issue with it.

Can't help with the E4 section as I didn't have a job offer at the time so skipped that section.

sushisoup Mar 13th 2010 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 8416705)
Ahh that changes things, I musn't assume!:D Obviously you can't apply for residence under partnership as you've not lived together.
My partner is a NZ citizen, we had never lived together and I didn't include him in my application at all. I only mentioned him in the covering letter I sent in with my ITA. I think I had difficulty with this section as it said I had to mention a partner even if he wasn't included in the EOI but it was easier not to have to fill in all his details. In reality I could apply in my own right, he was irrelevant:lol:. I think I put down something ambiguous like never married;)

Could be worth just doing a check with immigration as to whether you need to include him given that you are doing similar to me and applying on your own terms. I didn't include him and got PR [they knew he existed from my ITA letter] but I wasn't and still can't be sure that that was correct and that another CO may take issue with it.

Can't help with the E4 section as I didn't have a job offer at the time so skipped that section.

Yeah i may just ignore him for now but will check unless anyone else knows.... :)
Thanks for the help you have given!!!

Persephone Mar 13th 2010 3:25 am

I suppose the facts are that you are already living and working in NZ and are applying for PR yourself, he is not helping you gain PR in any way ie via partnership or extra points. You have a job and somewhere to live irrespective of whether a partner is in existence. I'd be surprised if NZIS were that bothered if you didn't mention him- my opinion though, not advice!!
I'm just playing safe and suggesting you speak to NZIS in case they pull you up on the fact that you have a partner, though I'm not sure how they would know to be honest unless you tell them;). After all it is not uncommon for someone to want to 'upgrade' to PR once they're already here:D