British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI Help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-help-505735/)

AndyRuth Jan 12th 2008 9:41 pm

EOI Help

Hi All

Please be gentle with me , first post !!!

We visited NZ back in May of last year with 2 kids ( aged 2 and 4 Months ) and really liked what we saw , enough to want to return and make our stay permanent.

Just got around to filling in EOI and stuck on one part , if any one can help it would be very much appreciated. We thought we would have a bash at it ourself as the agency we visited wanted around £3000 for what we perceived as a glorified form filling exercise.

Anyway back to the question and forgive us if we are being incrdibly stupid.

In the identity section it asks for taxation no. and social security no. , can anyone clarify exactly what we need to put in.

Thanks

Wiz'n'Ton Jan 12th 2008 9:51 pm

Re: EOI Help

Hi there, and welcome to the site. It's certainly not a stupid Question - we got stuck on it too! We just put in our national insurance number, and that seems to have done the job nicely (EOI selected in November).

Good luck, and ask away if you get stuck anywhere else - plenty of people on here to help out. :thumbsup:

carriem41 Jan 12th 2008 9:56 pm

Hi, good on you for applying, sometimes the forms can feel a little confusing, we kept having to remind ourselves that this was to apply from anywhere in the world not just the UK!

Persephone Jan 12th 2008 10:08 pm

Hi and welcome

I put in my NI number under social security no. and my tax reference no. from my last PAYE tax code letter for taxation no.. Not sure if that was right but seemed to make sense at the time. EOI was selected in December so waiting to hear- will let you know if they query my replies!

Hope it goes well, I didn't use an agency either, once I'd looked at the forms and the NZIS website [ as well as here!] it all seemed pretty simple and couldn't see what an agency could do that I couldn't.

Good luck :D

AndyRuth Jan 12th 2008 10:46 pm

Thanks for the speedy responses , much appreciated.

No doubt there will be other questions as and when we run through the form !!

Maz Jan 15th 2008 7:30 am

Originally Posted by AndyRuth (Post 5779390)
Thanks for the speedy responses , much appreciated.

No doubt there will be other questions as and when we run through the form !!

Erm... well glad someone else could help. :) ;) Bring on the questions! Have your submitted your EOI yet?

AndyRuth Apr 12th 2008 11:01 am

Hello all , thanks for your help.

Our EOI selected on 26th March ( 125 points , no job offer ) , we are delighted !! :D

Waiting for that elusive ITA to drop through our letter box

Catch up soon

Maz Apr 12th 2008 11:36 am

Originally Posted by AndyRuth (Post 6197642)
Hello all , thanks for your help.

Our EOI selected on 26th March ( 125 points , no job offer ) , we are delighted !! :D

Waiting for that elusive ITA to drop through our letter box

Catch up soon

Woo hoo! Brilliant news! :thumbup: Please do come join in on the main forum. :)

BEVS Apr 14th 2008 11:50 pm

Have some karma for wading through the bloomin' EOI and being selected.