EOI and EWRB Registration

Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

cheryl mac has a spectacular aura aboutcheryl mac has a spectacular aura aboutcheryl mac has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: EOI and EWRB Registration

Thanks for the help guys.

We have certified copies of his certs now and he is working on detailed job descriptions to get his old company to print on headed paper and sign... he worked there for 5 years so that will cover it wont it?

Anyone know what depth you need to go into?

Want to get it all posted by Fri so we can make the next board meeting a week fri.

Just sending off for police certs and sorting medicals too... jeez they dont make it easy do they. It will all be worth it hopefully tho!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Soppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud of

The work reference has to be very in depth down to cable sizes used. My OH's reference was 5 A4 pages long!!!! Just put down everything and anything he's done in the last 4 years. Good Luck.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

vicvic26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Soppydot4
Hi

Do you mean the assessment of qualifications from EWRB or NZQA?

We submitted our EOI without any mention of the provisional licence from the EWRB. You'll need your provisional licence or letter from the EWRB confirming the provisional licence will be granted for the ITA. We only had the letter and we were given a WTR visa.

Any questions please let me know. We've just completed the whole process which has given my OH his electrical registration and practising licence.
Hi ,
We have to submit my husbands stuff to the EWRB. My husband has no job offer in NZ. Did you find it easy to find work as a sparky in NZ and someone willing to supervise whilst on a provisional license?
When you got the WTR(SMC) how long did you get to send the application back in and when you get the WTR(smc) visa do you have to go straight away? We have a house to sell and would only put it on the market once we know we will get some sort of visa,
Thanks
Vicky
Old Jul 13th 2009, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vicvic26
Hi ,
We have to submit my husbands stuff to the EWRB. My husband has no job offer in NZ. Did you find it easy to find work as a sparky in NZ and someone willing to supervise whilst on a provisional license?
When you got the WTR(SMC) how long did you get to send the application back in and when you get the WTR(smc) visa do you have to go straight away? We have a house to sell and would only put it on the market once we know we will get some sort of visa,
Thanks
Vicky
Hi cant help with your first question but hubby got WTR(SMC) and you have 3 months in which to apply for the WTR then 3 months in which to be in NZ. Unfortunately we are still here as we could not sell the house so the visa has now expired. We are still hoping to re-apply once we are sold. Things do seem to have picked up. Have you submitted your EOI yet? We were like you and didnt want to do anything until we knew wed get a visa but like many others the house slump came as we needed to sell.
Good luck any questions I'd be happy to help if I can

Chris
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alchris
Hi cant help with your first question but hubby got WTR(SMC) and you have 3 months in which to apply for the WTR then 3 months in which to be in NZ. Unfortunately we are still here as we could not sell the house so the visa has now expired. We are still hoping to re-apply once we are sold. Things do seem to have picked up. Have you submitted your EOI yet? We were like you and didnt want to do anything until we knew wed get a visa but like many others the house slump came as we needed to sell.
Good luck any questions I'd be happy to help if I can

Chris
Hi,
We have done our EOI and have had our invitation to apply. We have until the 4th of November to submit our application. In this time we have to sort out all the stuff with the EWRB. My hubby is a subcontractor and has done so many jobs in the last 4 years. It is all very time consuming. How do you know when to sell your house? 6 months is not a lot of time although the market is picking up. It all depends on who buys your house,
Thanks for the info
Vicky
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Soppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud of

We put our house on the market before we knew we had any type of visa. The difference I suppose is that we were going to make a move whether it was to NZ or not. If you have no plans to go anywhere unless its to NZ then you may end up not going (unless you can without selling the house) as has happened to alchris. We made a decision that even if the house didn't sell we'd go. I hope whatever you decide it works out for you. Keep us posted.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:13 am
Just Joined

We put our house on the market before we knew we had any type of visa. The difference I suppose is that we were going to make a move whether it was to NZ or not. If you have no plans to go anywhere unless its to NZ then you may end up not going (unless you can without selling the house) as has happened to alchris. We made a decision that even if the house didn't sell we'd go. I hope whatever you decide it works out for you. Keep us posted.
Is there a lot of work for sparks in Auckland? How did your hubby get work? How were the regs exams,practical assessment and safety exam?
Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

There are jobs advertised, check out www.seek.co.nz.

He did the safety course in London, cost a bomb compared to here in NZ but if you have any chance of getting a provisional licence before leaving the UK you need to do this in the UK. It was a one day course which I think if your OH has been on one before (which I'm sure at some stage he will have been) then it is fairly straightforward. My OH did a week long course before sitting his regs exam bearing in mind we arrived here at the end of Aug, he started his job in Sept and then sat his regs exam in Nov. A very tall order really because only when he got here did he realise just now differently things are done here. The end product is the same but the method is different. The regs exam was tough (just because he'd not been here very long before doing it) and the practical assessment was fine. The people he took the courses with were great he said. Be prepared to pay out quite a bit to do these exams. The prices ranged quite wildly I found out by ringing round.

Any more questions, please just ask.

Hope it goes well.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

There are jobs advertised, check out www.seek.co.nz.

He did the safety course in London, cost a bomb compared to here in NZ but if you have any chance of getting a provisional licence before leaving the UK you need to do this in the UK. It was a one day course which I think if your OH has been on one before (which I'm sure at some stage he will have been) then it is fairly straightforward. My OH did a week long course before sitting his regs exam bearing in mind we arrived here at the end of Aug, he started his job in Sept and then sat his regs exam in Nov. A very tall order really because only when he got here did he realise just now differently things are done here. The end product is the same but the method is different. The regs exam was tough (just because he'd not been here very long before doing it) and the practical assessment was fine. The people he took the courses with were great he said. Be prepared to pay out quite a bit to do these exams. The prices ranged quite wildly I found out by ringing round.

Any more questions, please just ask.

Hope it goes well.
Did your husband find a job from here in the UK or did he get a job when he got to New Zealand? Is there a lot of work in Auckland. We have had a few negative replies from Electrical contractors saying it is quiet there